ADVERTISEMENT

Tamar to start

Tamar will bring the ball up, and have it in his hands more now that x is out.

If you listen to woody ever, he has talked about this several times since X has been out. If you have watched any games since, you will see Tamar doing exactly what he talked about.
Lol, I watched the games a drew a different conclusion. It reminded me of Roderick Wilmont with the ball. Either shoot it after 1-2 dribbles max or pass it asap.

You do you Cav

"We will change the lineup a little bit with X being out. We're gonna start Tamar Bates and bring Galloway (off the bench) to kinda back the second unit up." Translation: Galloway will run point when Schifino sits because we didn’t recruit another point capable guard.

Btw I hope TB averages 50 from here on out.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Or never really fully heal. The longer this goes the more concerning for our season and for his career. Could be a sad ending to his story.
I still figure it is related to that nasty fall last yr. Doubt he fully recovered and injured it again.

Tamar has a great opportunity to make the team better. Knocking down open shots and protecting the ball would go a long way. Being in the right position on D and not getting lost as much as he has this season would help. And if he would go to the glass instead of being a spectator when the shot goes up, he could be a positive on the boards. Just doing the little things that add up to winning.

I don’t know if he earned it or is getting his chance due to lack of play above him. Either way it would be great to have him excel.
Either way he has earned it. He has played well enough to be in position to start. He gets a chance, and if he thrives, he may never let it go…

Reactions: Cavanagh and T.M.P.
Not sure that would be the best for Tamar given your record… ;)
All you have to do is be 55% in betting to be profitable. I won money on IU last year, up over 5k on the NFL season, and over half my predictions come true. My record is quite good, but no1 is gonna be perfect. ;)

Sounds like somebody didn’t hurl enough insults at Tamar before the game to make him really mad so that he could go off and have a great game.

All you have to do is be 55% in betting to be profitable. I won money on IU last year, up over 5k on the NFL season, and over half my predictions come true. My record is quite good, but no1 is gonna be perfect. ;)
You aren't sharing your winning IU predictions with the board. If I was a gambler I'd be down thousands relying on you.

Reactions: mk30 and Lucy01
We have had very slow starts just about every game and have been playing from behind. If Tamar can do some early scoring it could really open things up for TJD inside. Tamar's defense has been improving. He and JHS seem to have very complimentary skills. Gallo should be very fresh coming off the bench to help at point and bring his intense all-court play. I think this is a very good move.
Well, they turned that trend around, didn't they?

It would have been a great time for Tamar to show up big last night. It still feels =like it will happen. Problem is, I don't know if he will be playing for IU at the time.

No, you need higher than 55% - that is break even at best. Assuming you get -110 on every bet.

You got one lucky parlay for about 8k and lost about half of it now is my guess.

The main thing that is holding To-Mar from being a really good player, Is his head. He makes one good play or basket and his head gets so big he can’t run down the floor! Sad really.

You aren't sharing your winning IU predictions with the board. If I was a gambler I'd be down thousands relying on you.
i didn’t bet on IU or tell the board to last 2 games, and took Iowa ML +360 live bet yesterday.

If you listened to me last year you would be up a lot of money, and ahead this year.

Well, they turned that trend around, didn't they?

It would have been a great time for Tamar to show up big last night. It still feels =like it will happen. Problem is, I don't know if he will be playing for IU at the time.
Agree. The offense we run is not getting him nearly enough shots.

Glad for him. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like a fit, and that seemed the case here for whatever reason. The irony is that he had a golden opportunity for PT this year, but I thought he had a great opportunity last year too and it just didn't happen. Glad he's making the most of a fresh start.

Tamar did not start and played 24 minutes vs Arky Pine Bluff.
He was always capable vs that kind of comp. Let's see how he does vs better teams.
Not intending on being anti-Tamar. I like the new coach at Mizzou and the direction of their program.
Tamar, with focus, could be a significant addition for them.

Glad for him. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like a fit, and that seemed the case here for whatever reason. The irony is that he had a golden opportunity for PT this year, but I thought he had a great opportunity last year too and it just didn't happen. Glad he's making the most of a fresh start.
He played a fair bit last year...he just wasn't consistently good.

Reactions: Im4iu89
Oh I know... I am a fan for life. Pulling for him!! Some personal stuff is going real good for Tamar it looks like.

Having a kid at 19 is something!
Unless you're a deadbeat, having a kid changes your brain. It's a priority and responsibility that will override anything else. He had to adjust to how he was going to continue his basketball career with it no longer being the most important thing in his life.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Why couldn’t he play like that at IU?
Tamar had a few of these types of games here. The problem with Tamar was his consistency and his inability to impact the game when he wasn't scoring. He was a very subpar ballhandler and a complete defensive liability.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Was sad to see him go because I thought he would be better off in a more free-flowing offense (without TJD). But have to be happy with MM.

As I've said since he departed, IU is going to miss TB. Yes, he was inconsistent, but the Hoosiers are unproven at the 2 beyond Galloway.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Tamar had a few of these types of games here. The problem with Tamar was his consistency and his inability to impact the game when he wasn't scoring. He was a very subpar ballhandler and a complete defensive liability.
Its hard to say for certain, because of the inconsistency issues...but the last month or so of last season, Tamar was actually defending pretty well. It felt like he had turned the corner a little bit defensively. Unfortunately, during that stretch, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 2 feet away.

As I've said since he departed, IU is going to miss TB. Yes, he was inconsistent, but the Hoosiers are unproven at the 2 beyond Galloway.

Gonna be rough some games with either X or Galloway having to be our best offensive guard, but will end up working out enough to make the tourney IMO.

Cupps looked decent last night so I'm hoping by January or so he gets more used to the college game. Playing Kansas, Auburn, UCONN will help that a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT