ADVERTISEMENT

Sydney Parrish

Knightfan2

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2001
Does Sydney Parrish have another year of possible eligibility due to covid season?

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Sunday is Senior Day for Holmes, Scalia, and Wisne as their eligibility expires this year.

The big question is whether Chloe Moore-McNeil is coming back for her COVID year. She did not get her picture taken with the "Seniors", but she has not said that she is coming back next year.

Reactions: kkott and Vern Pain
Agree with all above. Great fun to watch the ball splash after Syd and Sara shoot.
I think Chloe is very well grounded/has both feet on the ground/has her head on straight or what ever cliche describes what I am trying to say. I feel she may well say that it is time to move to the next phase of her life.
If I owned a company she would be my first hire.

Starters for 24-25 season
PG. Lex. Not sure of back up. Beau? Henna?
SG. Beau? Portal guy?
SF. Syd. Jules
PW. Yardon. Wiseman or Fenn
C: Lilly? Again Wiseman or Fenn.
I am unsure of Currie Jelks. She has not played this year.

Glad to hear that Sydney is returning. I hope Chloe chooses to as well. I have enjoyed watching the women’s program the last few years and want to see their suc'cess continue.
Yes, Parrish and Chloe would be great leaders for next year's team. They have a chance to be pretty good. Very different team but with possibly finding a shooter in the portal they could be very good. Yarden will be a junior and hopefully continues her overall development.

Lexus and Lilly made big jumps this year and played valuable roles. Lilly has great footwork and probably the best rebounder per minute played. Lexus has good speed and is really feisty on defense. My favorite Lexus moment was when Caitlin Clark was just dribbling and not really paying attention to the defense and Lexus just swiped the ball in the Iowa game.

Lamendola and Beaumont are both making strides and if they make sophomore jumps like Lexus and Lilly could form a solid seven player rotation.

That does not include incoming freshman Faith Wiseman 6'4" center from Indian Creek and 6'3" forward that is playing in Arizona but from Buffalo, New York.

There is also the 6'2" forward who was a portal transfer who ended up redshirting this year. Hopefully she can get healthy Currie-Jelks back to her freshman defensive player of the year as a freshman in the Ohio Valley Conference.

Will be there tomorrow to send Holmes, Scalia and Wisne off in style.

Reactions: kkott and Jssanto
Sunday is Senior Day for Holmes, Scalia, and Wisne as their eligibility expires this year.

The big question is whether Chloe Moore-McNeil is coming back for her COVID year. She did not get her picture taken with the "Seniors", but she has not said that she is coming back next year.
Not basing this on anything. I really hope that CMM returns. Something that wouldn't shock me would be if she transferred to Tennessee for her Covid year. It's home. I know they have a High School teammate on the team. Just something that crossed my mind. We'll be at senior day tomorrow. It would be great if she announces her return.

Reactions: Shuski and Jssanto
Not basing this on anything. I really hope that CMM returns. Something that wouldn't shock me would be if she transferred to Tennessee for her Covid year. It's home. I know they have a High School teammate on the team. Just something that crossed my mind. We'll be at senior day tomorrow. It would be great if she announces her return.
She may want to go somewhere to get her masters degree paid for if Indiana doesn’t offer what she’s looking for.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Chloe is fantastic and she is still polishing her game; getting better and better. She is building a strong case to make the big $$$ in the WNBA. Great to have her back next season !!!

Chloe is fantastic and she is still polishing her game; getting better and better. She is building a strong case to make the big $$$ in the WNBA. Great to have her back next season !!!
Very little chance Chloe makes the WNBA for more than a season or two at best. Most years only 8-10 rookies stick on W rosters, and I just don't see CMM making All American even after next year. There just aren't that many openings and a lot of the best womens players play 14-16 years+.

Yes, Parrish and Chloe would be great leaders for next year's team. They have a chance to be pretty good. Very different team but with possibly finding a shooter in the portal they could be very good. Yarden will be a junior and hopefully continues her overall development.

Lexus and Lilly made big jumps this year and played valuable roles. Lilly has great footwork and probably the best rebounder per minute played. Lexus has good speed and is really feisty on defense. My favorite Lexus moment was when Caitlin Clark was just dribbling and not really paying attention to the defense and Lexus just swiped the ball in the Iowa game.

Lamendola and Beaumont are both making strides and if they make sophomore jumps like Lexus and Lilly could form a solid seven player rotation.

That does not include incoming freshman Faith Wiseman 6'4" center from Indian Creek and 6'3" forward that is playing in Arizona but from Buffalo, New York.

There is also the 6'2" forward who was a portal transfer who ended up redshirting this year. Hopefully she can get healthy Currie-Jelks back to her freshman defensive player of the year as a freshman in the Ohio Valley Conference.

Chloe announced today that she is coming back for her Covid year. She and Syd will make a strong pair of starters. Moren needs to find a knock down shooter to replace Scalia but I don't know if there is anyone out there to do that like she does. She has been key in a number of our games this year.. A great need for next year is a quick point guard that can create her own offense.

Starters for 24-25 season
PG. Lex. Not sure of back up. Beau? Henna?
SG. Beau? Portal guy?
SF. Syd. Jules
PW. Yardon. Wiseman or Fenn
C: Lilly? Again Wiseman or Fenn.
I am unsure of Currie Jelks. She has not played this year.
I thought that Currie-Jelks was to be a key addition this past year. Was she injured and red shifted? I am looking forward to seeing 6'4" Wiseman next year and Maya M.( Hamilton Southeastern) the following year.

Reactions: kkott

Lily Meister played against Holmes every day in practice and was mentored by MacKenzie in footwork and inside play. She learned from a master.

I wa
Lily Meister played against Holmes every day in practice and was mentored by MacKenzie in footwork and inside play. She learned from a master.
I was the one who posted about Chloe returning and have several posts about next years team in another thread. I appreciate and agree with most of your thoughts. Garzon is not the automatic that Scalia became but both her and Parrish are good three-point shooters. Chloe came on also. It will be a different team but should be very good. Currie-Jelks did end up redshirting due to her injury.

I was the one who posted about Chloe returning and have several posts about next years team in another thread. I appreciate and agree with most of your thoughts. Garzon is not the automatic that Scalia became but both her and Parrish are good three-point shooters. Chloe came on also. It will be a different team but should be very good. Currie-Jelks did end up redshirting due to her injury.
I don't know on Garzon vs Scalia as shooters; those are 2 deadeyes. Garzon is at 45% vs 43% for Scalia, but on much higher volume. I really feel like Scalia has just gone on a tear the last couple of months. Last year Garzon was 45% and Scalia 34%. I'm thinking in a game of horse, they're both going to win a fair amount and blister anyone else on the team. CMW take note: this is what a well-constructed roster looks like and how you roll on year after year even when losing really great players.

I thought that Currie-Jelks was to be a key addition this past year. Was she injured and red shifted? I am looking forward to seeing 6'4" Wiseman next year and Maya M.( Hamilton Southeastern) the following year.
The only scrap of info I have on Currie Jelks is that Moren said she had an injury and some personal issues. I saw her play one game in mop up minutes time and she had a knee brace. She ran from place to place setting picks so I did not see any opportunities to display athleticism.
I have no idea if she is a portal candidate to a lessor conference, bench depth, or a breakout candidate.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I believe there are 2 scholarships available to use. I would like to see us get ann athletic perimeter player and another big.

Very little chance Chloe makes the WNBA for more than a season or two at best. Most years only 8-10 rookies stick on W rosters, and I just don't see CMM making All American even after next year. There just aren't that many openings and a lot of the best womens players play 14-16 years+.
Obviously there is much that remains to be seen. However, I still believe IU fans are in for a treat in terms of how good Chloe will be next year. Perhaps she will not be an All American. I think her confidence is improving with every game and hopefully she has several more games against some of the best this year. Chloe distributes the ball to some fantastic team mates; Holmes, Parrish, and Scalia for the threes. Next year I expect Chloe to carry a larger bulk of the scoring. Time will tell.

Obviously there is much that remains to be seen. However, I still believe IU fans are in for a treat in terms of how good Chloe will be next year. Perhaps she will not be an All American. I think her confidence is improving with every game and hopefully she has several more games against some of the best this year. Chloe distributes the ball to some fantastic team mates; Holmes, Parrish, and Scalia for the threes. Next year I expect Chloe to carry a larger bulk of the scoring. Time will tell.
Chloe is a very good driver and finisher near the rim, but I didnt know she was such a tough SOB before this Md. game. If she gets more shots from 3, I think she can be a good shooter from there. I still think Coach Moren should get a couple of quick guards from the portal and one established big.

You saw a very good game ( and I heard a good rendition of Star Spangled Banner by Ariel Wisne) Bet the injuries to Holmes and Meister scared the s--- out of you!

The only scrap of info I have on Currie Jelks is that Moren said she had an injury and some personal issues. I saw her play one game in mop up minutes time and she had a knee brace. She ran from place to place setting picks so I did not see any opportunities to display athleticism.
I have no idea if she is a portal candidate to a lessor conference, bench depth, or a breakout candidate.
Even though Currie-Jelks was in street clothes during the game today, she seemed very engaged and joined the celebration. I think she comes back next year.

Even though Currie-Jelks was in street clothes during the game today, she seemed very engaged and joined the celebration. I think she comes back next year.
I am still not sure how the injuries will fair out. It is a good thing that we don't play again until Friday. I think both will be available but have to see how bad they were. Both were right in front of us from row 8. My wife immediately said that Holmes banged knees. I saw Lilly step on and roll ankle. I hope both with good treatment can be 100% come Friday. I would not hesitate to sit them both if not ready.

Holmes injury in the big tournament last year cost us a better run in the NCAA tournament last year. She was about 70% and we still should have beat Miami but sweet sixteen did not happen.

I will focus on cheering the rest of the season and then we can enjoy some good discussions on the future team and needs.

I am still not sure how the injuries will fair out. It is a good thing that we don't play again until Friday. I think both will be available but have to see how bad they were. Both were right in front of us from row 8. My wife immediately said that Holmes banged knees. I saw Lilly step on and roll ankle. I hope both with good treatment can be 100% come Friday. I would not hesitate to sit them both if not ready.

Holmes injury in the big tournament last year cost us a better run in the NCAA tournament last year. She was about 70% and we still should have beat Miami but sweet sixteen did not happen.

I will focus on cheering the rest of the season and then we can enjoy some good discussions on the future team and needs.
Thanks for the info. I felt what beat us in the Miami game was the full court press. Maryland pressed us yesterday without success but I thought that was due to their not being good at it more so than we beat it.

Thanks for the info. I felt what beat us in the Miami game was the full court press. Maryland pressed us yesterday without success but I thought that was due to their not being good at it more so than we beat it.
Mac was not at full speed for the Miami game, and you are correct pressing teams hurt us. I do think we are better with Chloe and Lexus both in the game when a team is pressing.

Currie-Jelks seems like a real wild card.

She had two ACL injuries in HS, including one that cost her her SR year in HS. That's why she ended up at Tenn Martin. When she decided to transfer she had several P2 offers.

She is said to have a mid-range game, but the highlights I saw of her were all around the basket. At TM she was mostly a player in the lane. She did take 21 3s as a FR at TM, but hit only 5. The reports about her were that she was athletic/quick.

Her FR #s were impressive.....for every 40M played, she avg. 20.6 & 9.4. She shot .559 on 2s and .738 from the FT line.

At IU, her injury was a hamstring. Then later in the year she was said to be having personal problems.

Her IU connection was that she had played ball with CMM.

Looking at next year.............

Some people say we need an ultra-quick PG, but to me the PG position seems pretty well covered for next year with CMM and Bargesser. Not to say we couldn't use an ultra-quick girl willing to play 10-15 M a game, who TM feels would also fit into her system. That person may be hard to find, although there might be a spot for a two year pg transfer for after CMM leaves. The '25 team would have Bargesser and the PG recruit from MO.

BTW, looking at tape and reading about the '25 PG.....she looks like a CMM clone. Tallish (5'10"), unselfish, quick but not a blazer. Starting PG for a school that has won several state championships in a row. I think we'll all like her a lot.

Do we need another sniper? Again maybe not so much for '24, but definitely for '25. The '25 recruit from Indiana looks to be a kid who can shoot it and will have an immediate impact. This looks like another situation where a two year transfer would be best if we can find one.

For '24, I'm most concerned about the C position. I think Lilly will be fine. We just need a Lilly clone to split time with her. This would seem to be the spot where a one-year transfer would work if we can find the right fit. Imo, the Wiseman kid will be a good addition, but a bit of a project. I could see her as a 5 minute player next year, but not 15-20 minutes. Watching her highlights, she's definitely got some size, and she's fairly athletic. Not a blazer but she can get up and down the floor pretty well given the other BT centers I see. Biggest issue with her may be her level of competition......going from Indian Creek to the BT is quite a jump.

I don't expect the other '24 recruit to have an impact as a FR.

If Currie-Jelks can come back, we may not need that transfer, but that looks like a gamble. If she does come back strong and we have a transfer there may be PT issues.

She had two ACL injuries in HS, including one that cost her her SR year in HS. That's why she ended up at Tenn Martin. When she decided to transfer she had several P2 offers.

She is said to have a mid-range game, but the highlights I saw of her were all around the basket. At TM she was mostly a player in the lane. She did take 21 3s as a FR at TM, but hit only 5. The reports about her were that she was athletic/quick.

Her FR #s were impressive.....for every 40M played, she avg. 20.6 & 9.4. She shot .559 on 2s and .738 from the FT line.

At IU, her injury was a hamstring. Then later in the year she was said to be having personal problems.

Some people say we need an ultra-quick PG, but to me the PG position seems pretty well covered for next year with CMM and Bargesser. Not to say we couldn't use an ultra-quick girl willing to play 10-15 M a game, who TM feels would also fit into her system. That person may be hard to find, although there might be a spot for a two year pg transfer for after CMM leaves. The '25 team would have Bargesser and the PG recruit from MO.

BTW, looking at tape and reading about the '25 PG.....she looks like a CMM clone. Tallish (5'10"), unselfish, quick but not a blazer. Starting PG for a school that has won several state championships in a row. I think we'll all like her a lot.

Do we need another sniper? Again maybe not so much for '24, but definitely for '25. The '25 recruit from Indiana looks to be a kid who can shoot it and will have an immediate impact. This looks like another situation where a two year transfer would be best if we can find one.

For '24, I'm most concerned about the C position. I think Lilly will be fine. We just need a Lilly clone to split time with her. This would seem to be the spot where a one-year transfer would work if we can find the right fit. Imo, the Wiseman kid will be a good addition, but a bit of a project. I could see her as a 5 minute player next year, but not 15-20 minutes. Watching her highlights, she's definitely got some size, and she's fairly athletic. Not a blazer but she can get up and down the floor pretty well given the other BT centers I see. Biggest issue with her may be her level of competition......going from Indian Creek to the BT is quite a jump.

If Currie-Jelks can come back, we may not need that transfer, but that looks like a gamble. If she does come back strong and we have a transfer there may be PT issues.
I still lament the fact that Catlin Peterson moved on. She had some of the tough, quick, athletic qualities IU could use. My guess is that being a top 50ish kind of player coming in, she wasn't satisfied with the six or eight minutes she was getting before she left. She's either at Central Florida or South Florida, averaging like 21 ppg.

I wa

The last 2 years Garzon has shot 45.8 and 45.5% from 3, Scalia has been at 34.4 and 43.8 so not sure how Scalia is more "automatic" than Yardon, when Yardon has been better both years than Sara has ever been.

The last 2 years Garzon has shot 45.8 and 45.5% from 3, Scalia has been at 34.4 and 43.8 so not sure how Scalia is more "automatic" than Yardon, when Yardon has been better both years than Sara has ever been.
Right, Sara's advantage is her quickness & she can create her 3-point shot aka. Caitin Clark's step back.

Right, Sara's advantage is her quickness & she can create her 3-point shot aka. Caitin Clark's step back.
True. That said, that's new this year. She really developed that step back, as well as a side step she really took her shooting to a different level this season.

Love both of them though. Yarden did a pull up 3 that was a thing of beauty. Yarden is really good at late game daggers as well.

Reactions: red hornet
I still lament the fact that Catlin Peterson moved on. She had some of the tough, quick, athletic qualities IU could use. My guess is that being a top 50ish kind of player coming in, she wasn't satisfied with the six or eight minutes she was getting before she left. She's either at Central Florida or South Florida, averaging like 21 ppg.
One of the Big knocks on Moren is she doesn't play/develop her bench players much. It's part of why the program has a lower ceiling than being a FF team

What do you guys see as the potential upside for Beaumont and LaMendula? I've got to admit I was expecting to see more productivity from both, although they got limited time. Neither appears to be a great ball-handler or a great shooter ......per every 40M played, 2.4 assists for LB, 3.1 for JL.....LB has shot .250/.690 on 3s & FTs, JL .263/.538.

LaMendula seems to be a rebounder (8.0 every 40M played), but neither has been much of a scorer (12.5 per 40M for LB, 7.8 for JL).

On the face of it, neither looks like a true PG or a true shooting guard.

JL looks more suited to a Parrish role going forward.....not sure about LB. What are your thoughts?

Chloe is a very good driver and finisher near the rim, but I didnt know she was such a tough SOB before this Md. game. If she gets more shots from 3, I think she can be a good shooter from there. I still think Coach Moren should get a couple of quick guards from the portal and one established big.
I completely agree. Moren has said our team has length but not athleticism. Yardon seems slow to me but is 6’ 3” and a great 3 pt shooter. I would love another 3 shooter or a really fast/quick guard. The Colorado kid comes to mind (Sheridan?).
Most freshman don’t play a lot with Moren - Yardon being an exception. So although I would love to see Wiseman or Fenn be freshman of the year players, more likely is a portal guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT