ADVERTISEMENT

Strength of Schedule

Link didnt work

ESPN strength of schedule rankings based on teams performance to date

For our schedule so far we have pkayed the No. 1 toughest schedule

Our remaining schedule is No. 81
Yes, I read that too … the more UL, Rutgers, OSU, and Michigan win … the tougher the schedule gets. MD may drag it down some later.

Last edited:
Looming at the PAC-12 teams coming in next year, I have to wonder how many will of those teams will be in a cultural shock playing in the B1G.

Reactions: ESalum86
Looming at the PAC-12 teams coming in next year, I have to wonder how many will of those teams will be in a cultural shock playing in the B1G.
In the current decade the Big Ten has a cumulative winning record against the PAC 12 (by a 7-6 margin). That last happened in the decade of the 1950’s. They seem to not be shocked by playing our schools.

Reactions: indy1203
Well, the shock may be the Big 10 offenses that will need to score points …. IA at NW (Wrigley field)
Oregon did get an early season win at OSU a few years back.
SC has dominated its BiG guests.

This year and next year's schedule are just nuts. I am not sure why they feel the need to schedule a Louisville with the schedule they already had. They need three out of conference wins to start the season. It's not like they are trying to strengthen the schedule to argue for a playoff bid.

This year and next year's schedule are just nuts. I am not sure why they feel the need to schedule a Louisville with the schedule they already had. They need three out of conference wins to start the season. It's not like they are trying to strengthen the schedule to argue for a playoff bid.
You may be in the minority there. I agree entirely with you on this point. IU needs to schedule W's out of conference. The conference schedule is challenging enough.

I'm curious to see how Washington looks next year. On one hand they're losing Penix, on the other CKD is a proven winner.
IMO, UW should be in the top 3 consideration for any HS QB in the country going forward. Cali produces a lot of talent.
CKD will reload, as Mike Leach did at TT and WSU..

Oh BTW, we could have had Mike Leach here.

What a trip that might have been!!

IMO, UW should be in the top 3 consideration for any HS QB in the country going forward. Cali produces a lot of talent.
CKD will reload, as Mike Leach did at TT and WSU..

Oh BTW, we could have had Mike Leach here.

What a trip that might have been!!
Couldn't agree more about Washington. Good school, cool town, good support, B1G conference, top tier coach. They could be really on to something special.

You may be in the minority there. I agree entirely with you on this point. IU needs to schedule W's out of conference. The conference schedule is challenging enough.
And it is more than just W's - it is games where you can get experience and get better without wrecking your season. They don't make OSU and Michigan play "THE GAME" as a season opener.

In the Mallory days, we played a couple of MAC games or a I-AA games, then Kentucky. If we beat Kentucky, we usually had a good year. If not, we struggled to get to 6.

That might be the path to get him to Btown again although he would still be a wanted guy even if he failed in the NFL.
Love to have him, but that's a lot of if ands or buts. Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. As so often has been the case with iu football. A day late and a dollar short.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT