ADVERTISEMENT

Strangest phenomenon you've experienced?

A swarm of bees just flew over my house...I was sitting out back listening to the Cubs/Reds when I heard a faint buzzing...turning down my radio I listened...the buzzing got louder, and I saw a faint cloud heading towards me...a massive swarm of bees just flew over me and into the woods....pretty cool....

A swarm of bees just flew over my house...I was sitting out back listening to the Cubs/Reds when I heard a faint buzzing...turning down my radio I listened...the buzzing got louder, and I saw a faint cloud heading towards me...a massive swarm of bees just flew over me and into the woods....pretty cool....

Good.

We need more bees.

I took a load of shrooms in some lemon juice.

I decided that earth was one big cell in a gigantic person's body, and they were in turn on another earth that was another cell in an even bigger person's body, and so on... like Russian Nesting Dolls

You should have started using your cell phone to see if could disorient them

Reactions: Jack_Ripper
Curious what the strangest phenomenon, natural or unexplained, you've personally experienced is? I really only have 1: when I was a young kid, maybe 8 or 9, i was in the backyard with a neighbor girl who was a year younger and we saw what I think was ball lightning. It was a glowing floating orb about the size of a medicine ball. They are often reported to explode, but this just kind of bounced off in to the trees and out of sight. It was floating near power lines and I know there were storms in the area, but it wasn't storming at the time. Anyone else seen ball lightning? A friend who lived near where we saw this, described something else like ball lightning, but it was inside their house. Both seem fairly consistent with descriptions for ball lightning although there are few "documented" incidence.

I've never had any experience with a ghost or UFO, although I've have good friends who I believe are truly convinced they have seen both. Anyone willing to 'fess up if they have?
Climbing up the rope at gym class. It feels kinda funny.

Signed,
Garth Algar

Reactions: patrick593
Climbing up the rope at gym class. It feels kinda funny.

Signed,
Garth Algar
sNqaV3J.gif

I was at the beach in so cal a few years ago. Suddenly the wind picked up and in the sky was the strangest thing I ever saw. Apparently called a roll cloud as reported in the paper the next day. Really freaky..huge cloud like a wave breaking went north along the coast line..I thought it was the end of the world.

I was at the beach in so cal a few years ago. Suddenly the wind picked up and in the sky was the strangest thing I ever saw. Apparently called a roll cloud as reported in the paper the next day. Really freaky..huge cloud like a wave breaking went north along the coast line..I thought it was the end of the world.

Never heard of that before. Checked on youtube and there are a bunch of videos of them. Is this like what you saw:

Never heard of that before. Checked on youtube and there are a bunch of videos of them. Is this like what you saw:

Yes that is similar..except the one I saw was moving FAST.. really looked like a cloud wave rolling along north up the coast...everyone just stood and stared...pretty amazing.. it was pre-cell phone videos and may have been pre-interweb.. I didn't have my camcorder with me to record it..

Yes that is similar..except the one I saw was moving FAST.. really looked like a cloud wave rolling along north up the coast...everyone just stood and stared...pretty amazing.. it was pre-cell phone videos and may have been pre-interweb.. I didn't have my camcorder with me to record it..

The guy in the video comments how quickly the cloud begins moving towards him, I just don't think it translates well when watching it on video, but that obviously impressed him.

I was sitting at a stoplight. A big Cadillac was stopped at the stoplight with four black persons dressed like they were going to church. The driver of the Caddy was a large gal who was looking down at her hands. Remember when Modonna was doing the "Vogue"? The driver was moving her hands kind of like that, but much faster and certainly much more complicated. The hair on the back of my neck stood up because I could not even believe someone could move their hands like that !! The light must have changed 'cause the guy behind her laid on the horn. She quickly looked over at me, glared, and just floored the Caddy to get out of there. Just a small amount of time in my life, but know I will never forget it.......

I saw someone die... Not my 90 year old grandma or someone that was sick.

When I was 10-11, I was staying the night at my buddy's house and some of his older brother's friends came over and TP'ed/egged/soaped their house. Buddy's mom was PO'ed, so she called them all (still same night) and told them to come back over & clean it up. One dude climbed up a tree with a rake and somehow slipped or lost his balance...fell 20+ feet and landed only a few feet away from us (we were watching and giggling while these teenagers cleaned up after their deeds)!

Poor kid ended up dying right there...it wasn't the fall that killed him, turned out he swallowed his tongue while unconscious. Looking back, almost anyone with basic 1st aid or cpr skills could've easily prevented the death. My buddy's mom NEVER got over it and for the next 3-4 months, she had to endure people driving by and gawking at her yard (pointing at the spot etc.).

Horrible...thinking about that still gives me the chills/goosebumps.

I was sitting at a stoplight in a big Cadillac while stopped at the stoplight I saw four black womenz dressed like they were going clubbin. The leader was a large gal who was lookin back at me. Remember when Nicki Minaj was doing the "Anaconda"? She was moving her butt kind of like that, but much faster and certainly much more complicated. The hair on the back of my neck stood up because I could not even believe someone could move their ass like that !! The sexual tension was palpable 'cause the guy behind me laid on the horn. She quickly looked over at me, glared, and just twerked some more. Just a small amount of time in my life, but know I will never forget it.......

Reactions: iufan35
I saw someone die... Not my 90 year old grandma or someone that was sick.

When I was 10-11, I was staying the night at my buddy's house and some of his older brother's friends came over and TP'ed/egged/soaped their house. Buddy's mom was PO'ed, so she called them all (still same night) and told them to come back over & clean it up. One dude climbed up a tree with a rake and somehow slipped or lost his balance...fell 20+ feet and landed only a few feet away from us (we were watching and giggling while these teenagers cleaned up after their deeds)!

Poor kid ended up dying right there...it wasn't the fall that killed him, turned out he swallowed his tongue while unconscious. Looking back, almost anyone with basic 1st aid or cpr skills could've easily prevented the death. My buddy's mom NEVER got over it and for the next 3-4 months, she had to endure people driving by and gawking at her yard (pointing at the spot etc.).

Horrible...thinking about that still gives me the chills/goosebumps.

Phfffffffft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boo-farkin-hoo. That's kid stuff compared to what I've seen and I'm not talking about war action. My folks live on a stretch of state highway that for years, had a deep ditch in front of the property. So deep, that a large metal culvert tube was required to place a drive way across it. While living there, I saw the aftermath of no less than three separate, fatal accidents. People would go off the side of the road and lack of berm would pull their vehicle down and they would hit the culvert foundation head-on. By my recollection, I stared into the dead or dying eyes of five people; one of whom was a high school classmate. I was literally in my driveway once when "BOOOOOOM!!!!!!" some drunk it the culvert going about 80 mph. I watched him gurgle out his last breath.

On a separate occasion, my dad and I were shooting hoops in the backyard when we heard a distance explosion and looked up to see a small mushroom like cloud. We thought the gas station in town had exploded. We got in our car to investigate but discovered that a car had exploded. When we got there, some unfortunate dude was standing in the road, in shock and with all but his underwear singed off of him. Hair and eyelashes were singed off. He told this person there "Please call my folks".... the person had to ask him who he was as he couldn't recognize him. He died the next day in the hospital.

I have a sneaking suspicion there are others on here who've seen worse than this.....

McHoop

Phfffffffft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boo-farkin-hoo. That's kid stuff compared to what I've seen and I'm not talking about war action. My folks live on a stretch of state highway that for years, had a deep ditch in front of the property. So deep, that a large metal culvert tube was required to place a drive way across it. While living there, I saw the aftermath of no less than three separate, fatal accidents. People would go off the side of the road and lack of berm would pull their vehicle down and they would hit the culvert foundation head-on. By my recollection, I stared into the dead or dying eyes of five people; one of whom was a high school classmate. I was literally in my driveway once when "BOOOOOOM!!!!!!" some drunk it the culvert going about 80 mph. I watched him gurgle out his last breath.

On a separate occasion, my dad and I were shooting hoops in the backyard when we heard a distance explosion and looked up to see a small mushroom like cloud. We thought the gas station in town had exploded. We got in our car to investigate but discovered that a car had exploded. When we got there, some unfortunate dude was standing in the road, in shock and with all but his underwear singed off of him. Hair and eyelashes were singed off. He told this person there "Please call my folks".... the person had to ask him who he was as he couldn't recognize him. He died the next day in the hospital.

I have a sneaking suspicion there are others on here who've seen worse than this.....

McHoop

My experience was one of the strangest I HAVE SEEN...not ever in the history of the world. It was tragic and it happened to someone I knew personally from around the way and it happened virtually at my feet. Geesh.

McHoop
I respond to tractor-trailer accidents for a living. I've seen things both live and in pictures that are absolutely burned into my memory--suicides, kids, decapitation, degloving, castration (guy was ejected through the sunroof and his belt buckle caught on the edge on his way out), real ugly stuff. Once when I was in the service we were in Honduras when a bus trying to pass on the right shoulder hit a Subaru Brat (kind of a El Camino type vehicle) fully loaded with kids and adults in the back. There dead/dying people everywhere. We stopped to help and load people in ambulances. When I was at IU I worked a landscaping job. We were landscaping a house at the same time a paving crew was re-paving the driveway of the house. The paver operator stood on a little platform at the back of the paver. He had backed the paver into the road to start laying down a second layer of asphalt when a guy came over the hill in a small pick-up truck. The driver had a diabetic attack or something because he just plowed full speed into the paver pinning the operator between the paver and the pick-up. It severed his leg nearly in half, but because of the pressure being put on the leg because it was pinned (and probably because he was in shock), he couldn't feel it. When the first responders pulled the truck and paver apart they had three guys putting this poor dude on a stretcher, two for his body and one just holding the leg which was hanging by some skin. That was sobering.

Remember years ago when some twisted, demented dude went into his place of employment in Elkhart county and shot up the place? I had access to the forensic photos as well as the investigating officers notes. Reading the recap of that mayhem and seeing the photos was mind-blowing. One part I remember was reading about a secretary who had hunkered down in an office behind a desk. Suddenly, the door opened and in staggered a co-worker who had just pretty much had his face blown away. As he stumbled into the room and towards his co-worker, his bowels involuntarily let loose on him.

That..... is something I suspect that secretary will never forget or fully recover from seeing.

McHoop

I was sitting at a stoplight in a big Cadillac while stopped at the stoplight I saw four black womenz dressed like they were going clubbin. The leader was a large gal who was lookin back at me. Remember when Nicki Minaj was doing the "Anaconda"? She was moving her butt kind of like that, but much faster and certainly much more complicated. The hair on the back of my neck stood up because I could not even believe someone could move their ass like that !! The sexual tension was palpable 'cause the guy behind me laid on the horn. She quickly looked over at me, glared, and just twerked some more. Just a small amount of time in my life, but know I will never forget it.......
WTF.

Reactions: iufan35
It's hard to explain, but it happened when I was thumbing from Montgomery
I had my guitar on my back
When a stranger stopped beside me in an antique Cadillac
He was dress like 1950
Half drunk and hollow eyed
He said its a long walk to Nashville would you like a ride son
Well I sat down in the front seat
He turned on the radio
And them sad old songs coming outta them speakers was solid country gold
Then I noticed the stranger was ghost white pale
When I asked him for a light
And I knew there was something strange about this ride
He said drifter can you make folks cry when you play and sing
Have you paid your dues?
Can you moan the blues?
Can you bend them guitar strings?
He said boy can you make folks feel what you feel inside?
Cause if your big star bound let me warn you it's a long hard ride
Well he cried just south of Nashville
And he turned that car around
He said this is where you get off boy
I'm goin' back to Alabam
And as I stepped outta that Cadillac
I said mister many thanks
He said you don't have to call me mister mister
The whole world calls me Hank
Have you paid your dues?
Can you moan the blues?

It's hard to explain, but it happened when I was thumbing from Montgomery
I had my guitar on my back
When a stranger stopped beside me in an antique Cadillac
He was dress like 1950
Half drunk and hollow eyed
He said its a long walk to Nashville would you like a ride son
Well I sat down in the front seat
He turned on the radio
And them sad old songs coming outta them speakers was solid country gold
Then I noticed the stranger was ghost white pale
When I asked him for a light
And I knew there was something strange about this ride
Have you paid your dues?
Can you moan the blues?
Well he cried just south of Nashville
And he turned that car around
He said this is where you get off boy
I'm goin' back to Alabam
And as I stepped outta that Cadillac
I said mister many thanks
He said you don't have to call me mister mister
The whole world calls me Hank
Have you paid your dues?
Can you moan the blues?
I like David Allan Coe, except for his inner-racist parts. If that ain't country I'll kiss your ass.

I like David Allan Coe, except for his inner-racist parts.

If a century's worth of recorded music tells us anything, it's that you don't have to be a good person to make good music.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT