ADVERTISEMENT

Stat of the day: Trayce 4th career scoring leader

TR32

All-American
Nov 20, 2009
Now with 2100 career points TJD tied former Hoosier star AJ Guyton for 4th place on the career scoring list at Indiana.

Next up? Two-time All American Don Schlundt at 2192. Trance needs 5 games to get there, maybe 6. He will likely get there.

Next record upcoming? All time rebound record could fall as soon as senior night. How special would that be?

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
He could very well finish as IUs all time rebounder and #3 scorer behind only Alford and Calbert. And the all time blocks leader. Too bad the team hasn’t accomplished much in his career because you could make a case for him having the most complete career of any IU player from strictly a stats perspective.

Now with 2100 career points TJD tied former Hoosier star AJ Guyton for 4th place on the career scoring list at Indiana.

Next up? Two-time All American Don Schlundt at 2192. Trance needs 5 games to get there, maybe 6. He will likely get there.

Next record upcoming? All time rebound record could fall as soon as senior night. How special would that be?
Hmm, Guyton.

A player I really enjoyed watching. Obviously those years we struggled in the post season.

Just hearing he’s in fourth, it’s interesting.

If I were to make a list of my “favorite” players, he’s a name that perhaps I wouldn’t even have thought of. I guess it just goes to show that there is more than stats. So many Hoosier greats. Jumping ahead from those RMK years… The last 20 years have seen some players with numbers, but I would really have to expand my list of “favorite “ IU players for any of them to be considered.

AJ guyton. Great player. As the decades have passed it’s interesting how the arc of history shapes memories. Those seasons were so disappointing. Mainly because of what i had become used to.

This season will be great, mainly because of what I am now used to.

Last edited:
Hmm, Guyton.

A player I really enjoyed watching. Obviously those years we struggled in the post season.

Just hearing he’s in fourth, it’s interesting.

If I were to make a list of my “favorite” players, he’s a name that perhaps I wouldn’t even have thought of. I guess it just goes to show that there is more than stats. So many Hoosier greats. Jumping ahead from those RMK years… The last 20 years have seen some players with numbers, but I would really have to expand my list of “favorite “ IU players for any of them to be considered.

AJ guyton. Great player. As the decades have passed it’s interesting how the arc of history shapes memories. Those seasons were so disappointing. Mainly because of what i had become used to.

This season will be great, mainly because of what I am now used to.
Timing also plays a big part. If Edwards plays his 2 remaining years Calbert isn't the all time leader. All of the top ones . Imagine if Alford is a freshman behind say Woodson as a sr , same for Guyton. TJD came in and there wasn't a returning stud playing his sr yr. Not taking anything away from any of them. Cheaney actually played with more really good players than any of the other guys over his career and still is out in front and yes the 3 pointer helped .

Timing also plays a big part. If Edwards plays his 2 remaining years Calbert isn't the all time leader. All of the top ones . Imagine if Alford is a freshman behind say Woodson as a sr , same for Guyton. TJD came in and there wasn't a returning stud playing his sr yr. Not taking anything away from any of them. Cheaney actually played with more really good players than any of the other guys over his career and still is out in front and yes the 3 pointer helped .
Great points. Calbert has a really special part in my heart. My favorite NFL player would be Walter Payton , and “Sweetness” was the perfect nickname. Cheaney in some ways reminded me of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT