ADVERTISEMENT

Sparks & Ware < TJD

Okay lets put it this way then .. in the outdated language you understand. I take it you took 5th grade math classes, right? Here's some simple math ...

If he would have played the qualifying minutes 5.1 assists would put him in the top 38 of the whole of the NCAA last year. Out of appx 4700 scholarhip players in D-1 basketball he's in the 0.008% in assists per game. Top 1%. Being top 1% in anything is considered elite ..

You really need to pay better attention. How many assists do you think players average? 5+ per game is exceptional ...

*eyeroll*
Cool story

Cool story
It called facts ... Jesus Christ dude double down on your stupid?

There's no shame in being wrong, just admit it.. because you're wrong. Very wrong.

Or did the simple math confuse you?

I think we all can agree that we shot the ball better as a team last yr which means X had more assists in the year before, which means we shot the ball worse yet he had more assists

It called facts ... Jesus Christ dude double down on your stupid?

There's no shame in being wrong, just admit it.. because you're wrong. Very wrong.

Or did the simple math confuse you?
I was wrong on 5 assist not being a high assist guy (in college), however I will stand by that I’m not an X fan. I think he makes poor decisions and takes bad shots. Hopefully after 5 years in college he will peak in year 6

Ware checks in at 210! That DUNKER Edey is 4 inches taller and is almost 100 LBS heavier! Good Luck! Also NPOY! But your right, Ware was a 5 Star in high school!
Yeah. How far did that 7'4" 300 pound dunker take them?

We beat them twice with a 6"9 center. Worst loss in NCAA tournament history.

Edey should go pro while he still has his NPOY credentials.

Reactions: kkott and 76-1
I was wrong on 5 assist not being a high assist guy (in college), however I will stand by that I’m not an X fan. I think he makes poor decisions and takes bad shots. Hopefully after 5 years in college he will peak in year 6
I agree that alot of the people who seem to be champing at the bit to get X back seem to be forgetting all the bonehead stuff he did. I hope he's past that, because the good stuff he brings is stuff we need. But I'm cautiously optimistic.

No you’re saying X is better in every stat…well if that’s the case why wouldn’t you answer and just say you would take X over JHs?
Ideally JHS would play the 2 and X the 1. If I had to fill just the 1, gotta go with X. He's been top 5 assists in the ACC and B10 his whole career. We'll see what JHS does at the next level. I'm skeptical where he'll fit.

No you’re saying X is better in every stat…well if that’s the case why wouldn’t you answer and just say you would take X over JHs?
For Pete's sake. They are two completely different players with different strengths and weaknesses. You were foolish to create the original comparison, which was basically meaningless so please give it (and us) a rest. Thank you.

Reactions: kkott
Take off the dark glasses and put on the rose-colored ones.

Sparks was MAC freshman of the year, and second team conference player as a sophomore. Great moves around the basket, and at 240 lbs he won't get pushed around on defense. Sparks is everything Thompson wasn't. He's an upgrade at the PF position for me.

When Ware was playing big minutes, he was living up to his 5* billing. He's a legit 7 footer, rim protector, and shoots the three ball as well as Miller Kopp. I don't recall TJD ever hitting anything more than 5 feet away from the basket. Ware is a lot more versatile, so he's an upgrade at the C position for me.

So instead of having one down-low dunker as our main scoring option (pretty easy to defend..just ask Purdoo), we now have two potential scoring options in the frontcourt. I'm optimistic. Just hope we can keep Ware for more than 1 year.
Ask Purdue? Why? Beat them twice.

I’m gonna wait to weigh in once Woodson has a complete roster to work with. I will say though, with addition of Ware & Sparks, I’m hopeful IU will be a better rebounding team.

Reactions: ericrossiu
X is a much better facilitator. Fino's the better scorer.
My guess is that X will average more points and assists than JHS did last year. And if healthy he likely would have this year as well. Plus X can defend quick pgs. JHS wasn’t even on them typically. We had to use Galloway for that. JHS is going to be an amazing player. X is currently a better pg.

Stupid? Ok buddy.
Again who would you rather have had back X or JHS?
I would take them both obviously but X would be the pg and JHS the 2. If only one was possible at the pg position I absolutely take X. While JHS had a much higher ceiling, X is better now and can guard his position at an elite level. JHS still has growing to do as a pg.

I would take them both obviously but X would be the pg and JHS the 2. If only one was possible at the pg position I absolutely take X. While JHS had a much higher ceiling, X is better now and can guard his position at an elite level. JHS still has growing to do as a pg.
You think last year we would have been a better team with X at the PG and no JHS?
I honestly don’t.

Ware checks in at 210! That DUNKER Edey is 4 inches taller and is almost 100 LBS heavier! Good Luck! Also NPOY! But your right, Ware was a 5 Star in high school!
First, reading comprehension. You are arguing stuff not said. Second, all of what you posted above really helped out when playing the national powerhouse, checks notes, Fairleigh Dickinson. How many 7 footers did they have to cause Edey problems? Finally, to be petty, it is you're for the highlighted. You're welcome. :😜

Looks like the annual April Xavier Johnson revisionist history party has begun.

giphy.gif

First, reading comprehension. You are arguing stuff not said. Second, all of what you posted above really helped out when playing the national powerhouse, checks notes, Fairleigh Dickinson. How many 7 footers did they have to cause Edey problems? Finally, to be petty, it is you're for the highlighted. You're welcome. :😜
FD didn't key on Edey. They shredded the Purdue backcourt with insane defense. Basically pulled Smith's pants down. They never intended to counter Edey.....they just beat everybody else on both ends of the court.

FD didn't key on Edey. They shredded the Purdue backcourt with insane defense. Basically pulled Smith's pants down. They never intended to counter Edey.....they just beat everybody else on both ends of the court.
Yeah I am aware of that. They stole Woodson's plan. I was responding to the idea that Ware (and by extension Indiana) needed "good luck" to deal with Edey.

You think last year we would have been a better team with X at the PG and no JHS?
I honestly don’t.
That's an interesting topic.

I think when everything is taken in to account, we'd have been better with X than we were with JHS. Obviously it would have been really nice to see what we could have done with both of them.

But I think X's ability to defend, distribute the ball, and overall to just be a fiery leader...those things overtake JHS overall size and ability to create and make shots for himself.

Maybe we don't win at Purdue with an X for JHS switch. But we had two elite level outside shooters on our wings, and one of the best scoring bigs in the country in the post. It wouldn't have taken too many possessions of X creating and setting up one of those other options, for his impact to surpass what JHS did...in my opinion.

And we ended up losing games largely because we weren't consistent defensively. X would have been A LOT better than JHS in that regard. Heck, we had to switch Trey on opposing teams lead ball handlers for long stretches because JHS couldn't guard them. That would have been one of our teams biggest strengths with X.

Reactions: Beorik
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT