ADVERTISEMENT

soup

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
does anyone make a good canned soup anymore? don't feel like making soup way too much work for the payoff. but a good bowl of vegetable soup sounds good for dinner tonight, after what will hopefully be our last cold snap. can't really think of any local restaurants in my area that serve a good soup. next time you're in downtown Indy there is some soup and sub place by the OTB that may have the best soup in the world.

does anyone make a good canned soup anymore? don't feel like making soup way too much work for the payoff. but a good bowl of vegetable soup sounds good for dinner tonight, after what will hopefully be our last cold snap. can't really think of any local restaurants in my area that serve a good soup. next time you're in downtown Indy there is some soup and sub place by the OTB that may have the best soup in the world.
Shapiros, best vegie soup ever.

just order out

iu

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Progresso is decent. But we usually make our own.

Progresso is decent. But we usually make our own.
we usually make some version of homemade soup every week in the winter. Big pot, the leftovers last for days.

homemade chicken noodle (family recipe...kids' favorite)
beef veg (my mom's recipe...my personal fav, very hardy and full of good stuff)
White bean chicken chili
Santa Fe (chicken corns beans tomato green chilis cilantro...damn good stuff)

My wife and I tried a couple new ones this year:
Stuffed green pepper soup ( this stuff is great)
I tried tried making homemade Pho for the first time. Can't come close to matching restaurant quality yet. Pretty complicated broth to make.

we usually make some version of homemade soup every week in the winter. Big pot, the leftovers last for days.

homemade chicken noodle (family recipe...kids' favorite)
beef veg (my mom's recipe...my personal fav, very hardy and full of good stuff)
White bean chicken chili
Santa Fe (chicken corns beans tomato green chilis cilantro...damn good stuff)

My wife and I tried a couple new ones this year:
Stuffed green pepper soup ( this stuff is great)
I tried tried making homemade Pho for the first time. Can't come close to matching restaurant quality yet. Pretty complicated broth to make.
We’ve got a Pho joint just up the road. Haven’t been brave enough to visit yet.

Personally I'm not a soup lover, more of a meat & potatoes man. My wife owned a catering business for 30+ years. Years ago she did a wedding reception for a family of German decent that gave her the recipie for an old family potato soup. That stuff I can eat once a week. Diced potatoes, milk, velveta cheese, bacon, and some other spices. She's got a pot on the stove cooking for tonight, can't wait

Another dumb post..?

Chick-fil-A makes a decent chicken noodle soup. I’ve gotten it a couple times on my drive home from an IU basketball game, along with their classic chicken sandwich. The sandwich I eat during the drive because it’s not messy. Once home, I eat the soup. The soup is also good on Bob Evan’s mashed potatoes for its gravy-like consistency and flavoring.

Personally I'm not a soup lover, more of a meat & potatoes man. My wife owned a catering business for 30+ years. Years ago she did a wedding reception for a family of German decent that gave her the recipie for an old family potato soup. That stuff I can eat once a week. Diced potatoes, milk, velveta cheese, bacon, and some other spices. She's got a pot on the stove cooking for tonight, can't wait
where you live

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT