ADVERTISEMENT

Some posters are eating crow tonight . . .

Maybe I should just come back with 49 usernames. Yeah, that'll do it!!

c202773ef40fbb61b75f91ab34bc4d19.jpg
Another Gify dodge from you. It’s all you got, which is why no one takes you seriously. But you’re reliable. You keep getting owned and you’re dumb enough to invite more and more abuse.

If you ignore someone they can see your posts, but you can’t see theirs. This place is totally devoid of PranksterMary’s posts for me, which is nice.
The ignore feature is great. I have him and 8 others on ignore and the board is much more intelligent. DumbMary is the worst of the whine and troll club and you nailed it that he's too dumb to know he's not smart. It's crazy that he thinks he's smart when his posts are so dumb.

The ignore feature is great. I have him and 8 others on ignore and the board is much more intelligent. DumbMary is the worst of the whine and troll club and you nailed it that he's too dumb to know he's not smart. It's crazy that he thinks he's smart when his posts are so dumb.
I have him on ignore, as well. I play a game where I try to guess which idiot troll I have on ignore that people are replying to. (It's usually Mary.) Makes the board much better.

Reactions: MrBing
Just saw a video clip Indiana Basketball sent out, where they asked Romeo to describe how IU prepared him for the NBA.

Romeo spoke very highly about Coach Cliff, and how Coach Cliff pushed him to strengthen himself, increase stamina, and improve his vertical and other measurables.

Other than naming and recognizing Coach Cliff, he said ‘I like the coaching staff, I like my teammates...It feels like home.’

Im glad that Coach Cliff made such a positive impact on Romeo!

Don’t shoot the messenger. On ESPN radio when summarizing the first round picks, when they got to the 14th pick they said that Brad Stevens was making a big bet on Romeo’s potential. The comment was “Romeo stunk last year. I mean he really stunk.”

I am paraphrasing here but the announcer did use the word stunk twice. And it was by far the most brutal analysis of any of the players taking in the first round.
Saying Romeo "stunk" is not analysis: it is a subjective opinion. And, it happens to be an opinion that is not, IMHO, supported by facts.

If he really "stunk", he would not have been drafted. If he really "stunk" he would not have been a lottery pick. If he really "stunk" he would not have been a top freshman both in the Big 10 and in the country. Maybe the ESPN radio announcer is the source from which the stench is emanating.

Saying Romeo "stunk" is not analysis: it is a subjective opinion. And, it happens to be an opinion that is not, IMHO, supported by facts.

If he really "stunk", he would not have been drafted. If he really "stunk" he would not have been a lottery pick. If he really "stunk" he would not have been a top freshman both in the Big 10 and in the country. Maybe the ESPN radio announcer is the source from which the stench is emanating.

He was drafted because they believe he will shoot better over time. They draft on potential.

He was drafted because they believe he will shoot better over time. They draft on potential.
Nothing to do with his 6'11 wingspan or ability to guard 1 thru 3? Nothing to do with his at the rim finish rate of 64%? Or that he put up a 20 PER while only shooting 27% from 3? Or nothing to do with his TO vs Usage, 12% vs 26%, which is exceptional for a penetrating wing and shows how highly aware, controlled and disciplined he is?

It's just potential?

You don't pay much attention NBA or how they draft, do you?

Nothing to do with his 6'11 wingspan or ability to guard 1 thru 3? Nothing to do with his at the rim finish rate of 64%? Or that he put up a 20 PER while only shooting 27% from 3? Or nothing to do with his TO vs Usage, 12% vs 26%, which is exceptional for a penetrating wing and shows how highly aware, controlled and disciplined he is?

It's just potential?

You don't pay much attention NBA or how they draft, do you?

He's a 2 who can't shoot. All of the other things are nice, but if they didn't think his shooting would get better he wouldn't have been a lottery pick.

You are a jumpy little stat monger, you know that?

Reactions: cryano
I'm eating crow that Daniel Gafford didn't go first round. That I got wrong.

Although not too wrong because he just signed a 4yr deal with Chicago after only 3 summer league games.

c'mon, he had an injury and the team, for which he was the leading scorer and best player, underperformed big time. Can you honestly say you didn't question his game watching his demeanor and body language during the season? Top 5 went out the window when he looked overmatched against Duke's heralded freshmen. Those things naturally are going to hurt his draft stock, and top 5 was always a longshot and would have been predicated on the above things NOT happening. But they did, and he still was a lottery pick. Great night for him and IU, all things considered.

None of that means squat! He was injured and Hoosier Coaches, players, fans, and anyone tied to IU paid the price for what he did! Hell, he could have stayed home and healed and gone through rehab at his high school. Come draft time, he would be where he is today, instead of wasting IU's money and time! IU would have been the same team without Romeo. If you think by Romeo being a lottery pick, this is somehow going to benefit IU's recruiting, you are totally wrong. These young 3 and 4 Star recruits could care less about Romeo and what he did or didn't do for IU!! The recruiting of Romeo to IU was the biggest farce to ever take place on a major university and their basketball program!!

None of that means squat! He was injured and Hoosier Coaches, players, fans, and anyone tied to IU paid the price for what he did! Hell, he could have stayed home and healed and gone through rehab at his high school. Come draft time, he would be where he is today, instead of wasting IU's money and time! IU would have been the same team without Romeo. If you think by Romeo being a lottery pick, this is somehow going to benefit IU's recruiting, you are totally wrong. These young 3 and 4 Star recruits could care less about Romeo and what he did or didn't do for IU!! The recruiting of Romeo to IU was the biggest farce to ever take place on a major university and their basketball program!!
dumb ...

Couldn't care less. If they could care less, that means they cared at least some, maybe a lot. But I grok your intended drift. Anyway, may the farce be with you.

Reactions: ufo33
I agree...Romeo’s year just magnified Archie’s inability to coach an offense...

I agree...Romeo’s year just magnified Archie’s inability to coach an offense...
That's debatable. And we're rehashing old things. From my point of view, it's the players who failed to score, and to make free throws, which is directly responsible for the results.

Reactions: Sassy61
When did 14 become the lottery? What happened to 7? I have no ill will for Romeo. Hope he gets healthy. The coach owns the record.
Agreed. Seven was it and then doubled to include all non playoff teams. The rules seem to change by season but this draft the lottery only determined the top FOUR picks and then the order was simply won loss record after the top four selections. You could make the case that this lottery only had four lottery choices and then just traditional draft order.

You have Purdue mentality. No, Romeo is one of the greatest Indiana HS players that I have ever watched in my lifetime. He came to IU signaling to all future recruits that going IU was a good decision. The next season IU and Archie recruit their 2nd Indiana Mr. BB in a row in TJD. Now IU is in the running to possibly have the 3rd Indiana Mr. BB in a row. Of course that matters. Of course getting the top players from Indiana matters. IU has won 5 National Championships with Indiana HS players on the roster. Recruiting Indiana players matters. Go Celtics with Romeo. Go IU!

Last edited:
Overly emotional pure stupidity. It’s not Romeo’s fault that you had unrealistic expectations and played for a clown of a coach. The kid gave his all for IU.

Your last sentence says it all. Only dumb IU fans think that. You need to get outside your bubble for a second.

Reactions: beenther1s
Overly emotional pure stupidity. It’s not Romeo’s fault that you had unrealistic expectations and played for a clown of a coach. The kid gave his all for IU.

Your last sentence says it all. Only dumb IU fans think that. You need to get outside your bubble for a second.

Clown of a coach? Lol. Another disaster of a post by the human dumpster fire.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT