ADVERTISEMENT

So... How did we lose to Purdue again?

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
I just watched a Junior College team get curb stomped on national TV.

And I couldn't *quite* enjoy it.

I mean I'm happy they lost and all, but why oh why did we lose to that gaggle of goons?

They were soooooooo baaaaaaaad....

Reactions: DANC
They are a decent team, but have shown over the last two years that they can absolutely mail it in. Twice it was against really bad teams (Rutgers and EMU) so they only lost by a small margin. Another was against a mediocre Minny and they lost by a wide margin. Against an actually good (but not great), their common mailing it in performance produced today’s result

Reactions: IUgradman
They are a decent team, but have shown over the last two years that they can absolutely mail it in. Twice it was against really bad teams (Rutgers and EMU) so they only lost by a small margin. Another was against a mediocre Minny and they lost by a wide margin. Against an actually good (but not great), their common mailing it in performance produced today’s result
Spot on. It's like they just don't show up.

Makes me scratch my head at their wins against OSU and Iowa. I mean, 49-20, is just an absolute anomaly. It doesn't make sense.

It actually makes me even angrier that we lost the bucket to them.

Spot on. It's like they just don't show up.

Makes me scratch my head at their wins against OSU and Iowa. I mean, 49-20, is just an absolute anomaly. It doesn't make sense.

It actually makes me even angrier that we lost the bucket to them.

Well, I think their OSU win was more a result of OSU playing like Purdue did today than Purdue playing well

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
Tom Allen must feel awful right now. It's hard to believe we lost to that bunch.
I highly doubt he cares. IU will get it's bowl share thanks to the Boilies regardless of how much they lost by.

Today they reverted back to the 3-0 start; weak play and a boatload of cheap shots and mouthing off after plays. Except this time it wasn't Eastern KY West.

Reactions: lUCX9 and DANC
Today they reverted back to the 3-0 start; weak play and a boatload of cheap shots and mouthing off after plays. Except this time it wasn't Eastern KY West.
Do you think they'll continue that trend next year? The undisciplined whiny bad play? I saw their running backs pitching fits and temper tantrums. Are they back next year? Are they the type of attitudes Brohm recruits?

If so, I like our chances. But expectations for a bucket win go even higher.

What do you think?

Do you think they'll continue that trend next year? The undisciplined whiny bad play? I saw their running backs pitching fits and temper tantrums. Are they back next year? Are they the type of attitudes Brohm recruits?

What do you think?

Both of those RBs are gone. Knox was a SR. and Jones was a 5th year SR. They started all the skirmishes yesterday because their QB was being dropped for a loss every other play and they were being tackled in the backfield. Pure frustration on their part.

Reactions: IUgradman and lUCX9
Both of those RBs are gone. Knox was a SR. and Jones was a 5th year SR. They started all the skirmishes yesterday because their QB was being dropped for a loss every other play and they were being tackled in the backfield. Pure frustration on their part.

Too lazy rpto look but how about their #9. Wright? He was in the middle of all the crap yesterday and could have gotten a taunting call on a DPI he benefitted from. He was the clown that woofed in IU players faces all through the bucket game.

From the sounds of it, Purdue is probably going to field a suspect offensive line next year. Their offensive line wasn't good this year and I think several of those people graduate. Their QB, Blough, I believe graduates as well.

I'm sure they'll play well in spots, but again play mediocre in enough games that puts them around the 6 win/6 loss range. I haven't even seen their schedule, it could be easy given their residence.

It is fascinating to me how they absolutely lay down and mail it in versus Auburn and Minnesota. A pattern is developing under Brohm.

From the sounds of it, Purdue is probably going to field a suspect offensive line next year. Their offensive line wasn't good this year and I think several of those people graduate. Their QB, Blough, I believe graduates as well.

I'm sure they'll play well in spots, but again play mediocre in enough games that puts them around the 6 win/6 loss range. I haven't even seen their schedule, it could be easy given their residence.

It is fascinating to me how they absolutely lay down and mail it in versus Auburn and Minnesota. A pattern is developing under Brohm.

They lose 9 of 12 starters on offense.
All their guys were seniors or 5th year guys. Moore, McCann (OT) and Sparks return. Everybody else next season will be guys with limited experience. Sindelar will be the presumed starter although they all indicate Plummer is the next Brees.

Wright was a JUCO in 2017. He’ll be back next year.

Looked like the majority of trash talking and skirmishes were started by Knox, Wright and Markell Jones.

Also hearing a lot “Well these are still Hazells low level players, Purdue will be better with those guys gone”

but at least on offense, it was a mixture Brohm recruits/graduate transfers with a handful of legitimately good Hazell players (Blough, Knox, Jones).

What do you think?

That is the way they started and the way they ended but they played pretty well in the middle. Brahms quotes about throwing people in the stands can backfire if the audience isn't very mature or intelligent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT