ADVERTISEMENT

So how about tomorrow....

SouthBendJim

Junior
Dec 19, 2004
we win one convincingly...lead from the opening tip to the final buzzer. This coming back from down seven every game is really frustrating, and it's gotta be hard on the team to do this game after game.

I think O$U beats PU in the first game tomorrow. Then after playing four days in a row, we take down an exhausted buckeye team to win it all on Sunday.

Sound like a plan?

I don’t want this team to be exhausted for the NCAA tournament. Winning the first game was important. Everything from here on out is gravy.
I actually agree with this completely. If I am a coach, unless I need to win it all to get in, I really want no part of playing 3 (or more) straight nights ending on Sunday before the tournament. I think it would be funny to start all walk ons tomorrow or Sunday.

Reactions: IUgradman
we win one convincingly...lead from the opening tip to the final buzzer. This coming back from down seven every game is really frustrating, and it's gotta be hard on the team to do this game after game.

I think O$U beats PU in the first game tomorrow. Then after playing four days in a row, we take down an exhausted buckeye team to win it all on Sunday.

Sound like a plan?
No way OSU wins after 3 games in 3 days...I'm rooting for it but don't think it'll happen. The PSU game will be a fight, they are a good team...we need to worry more about our half of the bracket.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I actually agree with this completely. If I am a coach, unless I need to win it all to get in, I really want no part of playing 3 (or more) straight nights ending on Sunday before the tournament. I think it would be funny to start all walk ons tomorrow or Sunday.
You get 4 days rest. It's not a problem.

PSU is tired. IU needs to win the BTT to keep up the momentum and learn to close on teams consistently.

Many are saying who cares about the BTT but, besides winning a conf championship, it’s about developing a closing mindset. Win and advance. Win and advance.
Not enough to want to win. Got to want it more than anyone else.

If your concern is rest time after a Sunday game (may as well win it), we can get always get a Friday/Sunday NCAA draw. As a probable 4 Seed or better, we should have a favorable matchup regardless.

Reactions: 76-1
I’m on the side of thinking that we are not going to make a deep run , like ff. If we were reasonably healthy all year, had X and race, yes, I would lean more towards resting. But don’t see that happening so let’s win the BTT! It’s right there for the taking, we have never won it, give Race and Trayce some kind of championship so they can go out with something (yes, MK too he just hasn’t been here that long as R&T) and use it to build on.

I love all the doubters and part-time fans. This is a special team with 2 special players. This team is not one of the most talented but they are fighters, grinders who hate to lose. Many on this board criticize their mental toughness or called them soft. One game at a time is our motto.LET the chips fall where they may. Who knows maybe we end up big10 and National champions.

Perhaps we should win Penn St before we worry about the final game. If memory serves me correctly we are oh-fer v PSU this year. I see eggs but we need chickens.

Reactions: papawboog and kkott
Perhaps we should win Penn St before we worry about the final game. If memory serves me correctly we are oh-fer v PSU this year. I see eggs but we need chickens.
Penn St will be a tough test but I believe we will pull it out.

I'd go for the BTT win. It's right in front of us and we're long overdue. Plus it gives us momentum heading into the Big Dance. I still think we're too inconsistent to go deep.
Agreed. This team isn’t likely to make a deep run imo. Winning something would be nice, & for TJD another first/only line to add for a young man that’s done an awfully lot right as a Hoosier.

Well it will either be 3 days or 4 days depending on our draw if we play Sunday. But still being tired 3 days later isn’t my major concern. But not getting in a real practice between Sunday and a possible early tip Thursday could be an issue.

My biggest concern is last night we played 3 players 35+ minutes. This includes our two best players playing 39 and 40 minutes each. You do that 3 straight days and they absolutely might have tired legs Sunday and that is when your risk of a turned ankle or some other injury goes up.

Reactions: 76-1 and Crayfish57
Play to win. IU has never, I repeat never won this damn thing. That needs to change
Agree, and want to play pu. But have to get by a scrappy team today.

Will be a home game today and tomorrow if we win today.

I'd go for the BTT win. It's right in front of us and we're long overdue. Plus it gives us momentum heading into the Big Dance. I still think we're too inconsistent to go deep.
Yup I am fully on the train of win this thing and get a 3 seed. Especially if Malik and Tamar start finding something off the bench!

Maybe 5 if you draw the Friday/Sunday game. 5 days off this week and 4-5 days off next week they’ll be fine. Trayce even said in the press conference that they weren’t used to having 5 days off and it took a half last night to get their legs back.

Lundy and Pickett can both ball.
We're not a good perimeter defensive team..
We could loose to them again..
Should be tight either way...

Reactions: BigMobe
Yup I am fully on the train of win this thing and get a 3 seed. Especially if Malik and Tamar start finding something off the bench!
Could really use a 4th guard that can at least handle the ball if we play 3 in a row and if someone full out presses in NCAA . Even just a couple minutes each half esp if any foul trouble.

Sound like a plan?
I think that if we were to win today and expect to play Purdue. OSU is not beating them today. Should both Iu and PU win and we beat them for a third time, I think we have a legit shot at a 3 seed. At least a fighters chance. Regardless, if we do win today, I think we are a lock for 4 seed. I just want to see us keep playing well and not get hurt.

Reactions: kkott
Lundy and Pickett can both ball.
We're not a good perimeter defensive team..
We could loose to them again..
Should be tight either way...
I agree we have struggled to guard the perimeter in several games this year. But last night we were very good, especially in the second half. I like our chances against a PSU team that struggles to defend the post and is playing for a fourth straight day.

We need B10 win and a run in big dance to get some recruits and portal transfers. We have no room for error to play walkons and lose. We have to go balls to the wall.

I love all the doubters and part-time fans. This is a special team with 2 special players. This team is not one of the most talented but they are fighters, grinders who hate to lose. Many on this board criticize their mental toughness or called them soft. One game at a time is our motto.LET the chips fall where they may. Who knows maybe we end up big10 and National champions.
I’m not going to look it up but I bet there’s a strong correlation between winning your conference tourney and winning the national title. Particularly the power 5 conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT