ADVERTISEMENT

So, Donald, Jr. set up a meeting

I'd prefer honesty, but I'm no longer naive enough to expect it.

I'd prefer we create jobs and kill ISIS, but the Partisans won't let that happen. Politics is more important right now.
Your boy Trump is bringing this all on himself. He'll never get the things he promised in the campaign through Congress because he doesn't know how to do it.

I really don't think you're the one in position to start making fascism jokes.
Strange that anyone who doesn't believe we should stop the investigation and swear a loyalty oath to Trump is somehow the fascist. After a dozen or so investigations into the Clintons we suddenly are anti-American for not blindly accepting our Washington leaders.

So, is Jared throwing Junior under the bus?

Doesn't this raise a question, who leaked the emails? Unless Junior was an idiot and was forwarding them like viral spam, the number of people who had them should have been very limited. Who might gain from Junior's fall? Maybe Kushner/Ivanka have a real Machiavellian streak.

Here is what Charlie Savage (NYT) has to say about some of the issues being discussed within this thread.If someone mentioned it previously I missed it...

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/donald-trump-jr-and-russia-what-the-law-says/

Whats shocking is how the Trumps are brushing it off. No biggie attitude. All part of their game called 'winning'.
There has been such a long list of things that the Teflon Trumps have done, that its not longer surprising nor shocking but basic normalisation.

What will be interesting going forward post this Trump Junior admission, is when they start to piece together the timelines; going back a couple of years and the timing of the various statements/tweets and actions of the Trumps.

I'd prefer honesty, but I'm no longer naive enough to expect it.

I'd prefer we create jobs and kill ISIS, but the Partisans won't let that happen. Politics is more important right now.

No doubt there's a lot of political spin-off, but the core of the investigation has more to do with legal boundaries than political implications. Preserving the role of law is pretty important, right up there with jobs and defense.

Whats shocking is how the Trumps are brushing it off. No biggie attitude. All part of their game called 'winning'.
There has been such a long list of things that the Teflon Trumps have done, that its not longer surprising nor shocking but basic normalisation.

What will be interesting going forward post this Trump Junior admission, is when they start to piece together the timelines; going back a couple of years and the timing of the various statements/tweets and actions of the Trumps.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the name 'Trump' emerges from this presidency completely devalued and destined for infamy in American history.

Reactions: DrHoops
Wouldn't it be ironic if the name 'Trump' emerges from this presidency completely devalued and destined for infamy in American history.
I think it is very likely the Trump family will not be judged favorably by history but they clearly will still have their blindly loyal supporters no matter what comes out of the investigations.

I think it is very likely the Trump family will not be judged favorably by history but they clearly will still have their blindly loyal supporters no matter what comes out of the investigations.

True, but I doubt many of those folks stay at their hotels and resorts.

Reactions: hgdownunder
I think that's happened already, except for the hard core people who don't want to deal with reality, and those still attempting to curry favor.

I'm not going to copy it all, because it's too long, but Chris Hayes has a great thread going on twitter right now about all the coincidences you have to believe to think that this administration is not guilty of collusion.

Its crap like this thats being spewed out by Fox that confuses the Trump supporters:

Fox News host defends Trump Jr.: I'd meet with the Devil for opposition research
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rump-jr-id-meet-with-the-devil-for-opposition

It's so easy to say on TV -- would she still do it if she knew she was going to wear Orange? And to think, she was once a judge and a DA? WTF.

Such a sad reflection on the state of the Nation. You get the sense that everything is like a tribal sports/game and not treating politics or even the law with any level of seriousness -- when its supposedly about people and the betterment of their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411 and RBB89
Your boy Trump is bringing this all on himself. He'll never get the things he promised in the campaign through Congress because he doesn't know how to do it.
Do you really think Trump meant what he promised during the campaign? Most of us know that he is a first class con man.

Do you really think Trump meant what he promised during the campaign? Most of us know that he is a first class con man.
No I didn't believe him, but a lot of people voted for him because of these false promises. Some time ago, it occurred to me that many of Trump's voters might have an extreme negative reaction if/when he doesn't deliver.

No I didn't believe him, but a lot of people voted for him because of these false promises. Some time ago, it occurred to me that many of Trump's voters might have an extreme negative reaction if/when he doesn't deliver.

Yah... they were desperate enough to vote for him... they will be pretty angry when he fails. Even more so than the rest of us who knew he was a con-man from the start and didn't expect to have any other result.

Last edited:
Yah... they were desperate enough to vote for him... they will be pretty angry when he fails. Even more so than the rest of us who knew he was a con-man from the start and didn't expect to have any other result.
My guess is that in the worst case scenario for Trump, he'll still take a good number of his supporters with him. He'll still tweet like a madman and probably start Trump TV like he was going to do if Hillary had won.

Between social media and his 'news' outlet, he'll still have a whack-job following. He may even bring Alex Jones along for the ride.

My guess is that in the worst case scenario for Trump, he'll still take a good number of his supporters with him. He'll still tweet like a madman and probably start Trump TV like he was going to do if Hillary had won.

Between social media and his 'news' outlet, he'll still have a whack-job following. He may even bring Alex Jones along for the ride.
and for the record, I don't believe jail time is in the cards for anyone on team Trump. If Ford can pardon Nixon, Pence will very likely pardon anyone in the Trump family.

With that said, wouldn't it be ironic if after all the 'lock her up!' chants, someone from the Trump administration actually did get locked up?

But his properties' target demographic's wouldnt match his hardcore fans.

and for the record, I don't believe jail time is in the cards for anyone on team Trump. If Ford can pardon Nixon, Pence will very likely pardon anyone in the Trump family.

With that said, wouldn't it be ironic if after all the 'lock her up!' chants, someone from the Trump administration actually did get locked up?
I think people don't realize how close we are to a right wing authoritarian putsch. See, for example, Dennis Prager https://townhall.com/columnists/den...ll-the-second-civil-war-turn-violent-n2320819 legitimizing the war theme...with "America" at war with "the left".
So, here's a prediction: If college presidents, mayors and police chiefs won't stop left-wing mobs, other Americans will. I hope this doesn't happen, because electing conservative Republicans and not donating money to colleges will be more effective. But it is almost inevitable.

Then the left-wing media -- the mainstream media -- will enter hysteria mode with reports that "right-wing fascists" are violently attacking America.

And that's when mayors and college presidents will finally order in the police.​

Prager is wrong that left wing violence is even a thing right now. But he is setting the propaganda stage for people we will properly call right-wing fascists to begin violently attacking America's cities and cultural and civic institutions. It is Prager who is the hysteric but all of us should be alarmed by his hysteria. Prager longs for "unity" but his program for achieving unity is violence.
http://www.dennisprager.com/americas-second-civil-war/
There will be unity only when the left vanquishes the right or the right vanquishes the left. Using the First Civil War analogy, American unity was achieved only after the South was vanquished and slavery was abolished.​
The unity Prager lauds was never achieved. The South was obviously not vanquished and slavery was replaced with barely milder forms of racial oppression. The deeper point is that Prager channels the id of the right: absolutist and apocalyptic. He imagines himself to be the agent and advocate of civilization but is, instead, its antithesis. In reality, Prager and what he calls the right is not at war with "the left". It is at war with modern civilization itself. This is so because modern civilization is a compromise. It does not unify people it individuates them. It builds bridges that allow individuals to safely cross cultural fault lines by containing and checking tribal violence. It detribalizes people. It is Prager's tribalism that now threatens all of us and that we will somehow have to put back in its bottle if we truly cherish the modern civilization that is the true achievement of America and the West.

I've been reading about vengeance voters. They don't really expect much to change, they are just happy that he is making everyone , particularly liberals mad. The amazing thing to me is that to most of these people, an elite liberal is worse than Putin and his thugs.

I think people don't realize how close we are to a right wing authoritarian putsch. See, for example, Dennis Prager https://townhall.com/columnists/den...ll-the-second-civil-war-turn-violent-n2320819 legitimizing the war theme...with "America" at war with "the left".
So, here's a prediction: If college presidents, mayors and police chiefs won't stop left-wing mobs, other Americans will. I hope this doesn't happen, because electing conservative Republicans and not donating money to colleges will be more effective. But it is almost inevitable.

Then the left-wing media -- the mainstream media -- will enter hysteria mode with reports that "right-wing fascists" are violently attacking America.

And that's when mayors and college presidents will finally order in the police.​

Prager is wrong that left wing violence is even a thing right now. But he is setting the propaganda stage for people we will properly call right-wing fascists to begin violently attacking America's cities and cultural and civic institutions. It is Prager who is the hysteric but all of us should be alarmed by his hysteria. Prager longs for "unity" but his program for achieving unity is violence.
There will be unity only when the left vanquishes the right or the right vanquishes the left. Using the First Civil War analogy, American unity was achieved only after the South was vanquished and slavery was abolished.​
The unity Prager lauds was never achieved. The South was obviously not vanquished and slavery was replaced with barely milder forms of racial oppression. The deeper point is that Prager channels the id of the right: absolutist and apocalyptic. He imagines himself to be the agent and advocate of civilization but is, instead, its antithesis. In reality, Prager and what he calls the right is not at war with "the left". It is at war with modern civilization itself. This is so because modern civilization is a compromise. It does not unify people it individuates them. It builds bridges that allow individuals to safely cross cultural fault lines by containing and checking tribal violence. It detribalizes people. It is Prager's tribalism that now threatens all of us and that we will somehow have to put back in its bottle if we truly cherish the modern civilization that is the true achievement of America and the West.
This is why impeachment of Trump is going to lead to a new set of problems because these people don't care about Russia or money laundering they are loyal to Trump and Trump will not go quietly.

Reactions: meridian

this is a really good assessment of what I've seen/heard rumblings of elsewhere on various social media outlets.

The first time I heard about the 'radicalized left' and the 'violent left' I was left scratching my head. Then I saw some of my right winger facebook connections posting stuff about it. Then it seemed to be codified by that crazy NRA promo piece where that woman talks about "they".

Your post really put all of that in context. It's kind of a scary thought that not only are a certain segment of the population talking about a civil war of sorts - they actually seem to sadistically be looking forward to it.

Reactions: iu_a_att
Yeah, it's all because of Benghazi! If someone shouts Benghazi thousand times day after day, people will eventually believe it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's all because of Benghazi! If someone shouts Benghazi thousand times day after day, people will eventually believe it. :rolleyes:

It's the GWB approach to WMD. It works.
I had a conversation with my cousin's husband who is from Dallas about Iraq and WMD a couple of years ago.
He to this day, believes it was justified because of WMD. Etched into his brain.
He is also a massive Trump supporter who happens to be super religious too.
Repetition of the same message clearly works for a lot of people -- Trump knows it.

Reactions: RBB89
It's the GWB approach to WMD. It works.
I had a conversation with my cousin's husband who is from Dallas about Iraq and WMD a couple of years ago.
He to this day, believes it was justified because of WMD. Etched into his brain.
He is also a massive Trump supporter who happens to be super religious too.
Repetition of the same message clearly works for a lot of people -- Trump knows it.
Most people are wrong about WMD in Iraq. Many think there was a lot of WMD but there wasn't. Many others think there was no WMD but there was some. The bottom line is that they had some but not as much as most intelligence agencies predicted and I think the Bush regime oversold that too. I don't think it justified invading Iraq even if the intelligence was all accurate. That should not have happened. I'd have a year I spent in country back and one less gun shot wound if we hadn't done it.

Most people are wrong about WMD in Iraq. Many think there was a lot of WMD but there wasn't. Many others think there was no WMD but there was some. The bottom line is that they had some but not as much as most intelligence agencies predicted and I think the Bush regime oversold that too. I don't think it justified invading Iraq even if the intelligence was all accurate. That should not have happened. I'd have a year I spent in country back and one less gun shot wound if we hadn't done it.

:eek:

Glad you made it back alive!

Reactions: RBB89

George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif

Reactions: RBB89 and Ohio Guy
Now, not only is this not public, they also will not be sworn in. I don't like this. Is Grassley the one to make that decision or did the whole committee agree?

Now, not only is this not public, they also will not be sworn in. I don't like this. Is Grassley the one to make that decision or did the whole committee agree?

If I am correct, its Kushner that has a closed session. Junior and Manafort has not responded to Wednesday's meeting request. They will probably be subpoenaed.

The committee has spoken to Mueller and coordinated it with him. The idea is to flush out their game plan early on even in closed sessions. Then start digging and catching them out based on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT