ADVERTISEMENT

So are we going to even field a basketball team next year?

The whole thing has been a disaster. From hiring a staff to building a roster to on-court and off-court incidents to terrible substitution patterns. Woody calling out players is a nothingburger.

I hate the vitriol that some have spewed towards Woody and Quinn. They have given more to cheer about to the IU fanbase than any of the people on here calling them out personally.

That being said…the ship has sailed. It appears he will be head coach for another year. At the end of the year, i hope he resigns. I also hope the fanbase gives him the respect that he earned here as a player.
It’s not a nothingburger if players leave because of it. I agree with the vitriol. I almost didn’t go to the game Sunday because I was so afraid people would boo Woody and X. I don’t like the vitriol fans give out to the players either. Remember last year when a fan called TJD soft on social media? I don’t think fans ARE the problem but we certainly don’t help sometimes.

Reactions: T.M.P.
It’s not a nothingburger if players leave because of it. I agree with the vitriol. I almost didn’t go to the game Sunday because I was so afraid people would boo Woody and X. I don’t like the vitriol fans give out to the players either. Remember last year when a fan called TJD soft on social media? I don’t think fans ARE the problem but we certainly don’t help sometimes.
If they are that soft….dont let the door hit you in the ass. What Woody said wouldn’t even register in the days of Knight (when we were good). Social media is full of nerds who don’t know the game.

I have no love for X…but they shouldn’t boo him. He also shouldn’t be on the team…so there’s that. Goes back to roster building and incidents…Woody hasn’t been good at managing either one.

If they are that soft….dont let the door hit you in the ass. What Woody said wouldn’t even register in the days of Knight (when we were good). Social media is full of nerds who don’t know the game.

I have no love for X…but they shouldn’t boo him. He also shouldn’t be on the team…so there’s that. Goes back to roster building and incidents…Woody hasn’t been good at managing either one.
I don’t remember Knight throwing players under the bus to the media. Maybe he did, but I don’t remember. As for Trayce, I think he was the opposite of soft.

I don’t remember Knight throwing players under the bus to the media. Maybe he did, but I don’t remember. As for Trayce, I think he was the opposite of soft.
Trayce didn’t leave. Look up the interview after the Northwestern game Alford’s senior year. See if he called him out.

It seems you were insinuating that these players were going to leave because Woody didn’t kiss their backside in a post-game interview. Hence, my soft comment. Had nothing to do with Trayce.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Knight knew when his players needed to be outted and used it as a tool. He also knew when to make himself the spotlight, in egregious ways so that his players could work through their gips. MASTER of 4d chess.
He mastered china 4 times.

Trayce didn’t leave. Look up the interview after the Northwestern game Alford’s senior year. See if he called him out.

It seems you were insinuating that these players were going to leave because Woody didn’t kiss their backside in a post-game interview. Hence, my soft comment. Had nothing to do with Trayce.
That was one of the things being reported after the McNeely recommit. As for Trayce I merely mentioned it as an example of some of our toxic fans. Things have changed a bit since RMK days. RMK did always know which players he could push that way and which he couldn’t.

That was one of the things being reported after the McNeely recommit. As for Trayce I merely mentioned it as an example of some of our toxic fans. Things have changed a bit since RMK days. RMK did always know which players he could push that way and which he couldn’t.
McNeely recommitted?

TJD doesn't look soft any more (if he ever did);

giphy.gif

I’m sure it was fun today

Reports citing "sources" notwithstanding, I still think a coaching change is within the realm of possibilities. Dolson has been silent, and he's pulled the trigger twice when no one thought it would happen.

Reports citing "sources" notwithstanding, I still think a coaching change is within the realm of possibilities. Dolson has been silent, and he's pulled the trigger twice when no one thought it would happen.
He's just not cut out for the job. Need to yank the bandage off now. If not, next year will be desperate and embarrassing.
He’ll get some meaningless five star. Kids out of the portal. Pointless hope as they’ll get toyed with by some guy from Iowa no one ever heard of with a bald spot. Fire the coach. Go a different direction

On the good side, the women's selection show is coming up. They have home games Friday and Sunday, so they made the 4 seed.

Reactions: UncleMark
Ware, Mtaco, Malik, cupps, Tr3y, leal, sparks, Newton all come back.
WE add 3 guards from the graduated and or disgruntled portal. E8 next year.

BOOK IT
Can this get pinned now please? It appears that the requirements aren't that strict.
I'd love to see what this looks like in 12 months.

There’s at least 5 teams that will beat Purdue by double-digits. The level of Big 10 competition this year is going to kill them.
yep 4, 16 seeds and one other. IF we don't count the first 4 bubblisious teams.
First one that puts a sleeper hold on eddy, and making him at least nod off in a nap, I will pay $1,000 . Make this a contract. Must be seen on live TV.

No and no.

Don't worry. We're going to go out and find a bunch of disgruntled kids from other power teams in the Ivy League and MAC and build a super team. Just wait and see!
this whole mercenary approach really isn't fun. every year a crap shoot is awful. not one of my three alma maters made the tournament. no fun without teams to back.

It’s the Woody Way!

If IU wants top players, many of them will have mercenary tendencies, and it doesn’t matter if theyre incoming freshmen or transfers. I‘m not happy that this mercenary mentality exists, and I hope IU will avoid those types. Maybe the AAU basketball mentality is the issue, as players become less and less team oriented. It’s pretty crazy to see college sports undergoing such massive changes in such a short period of time. The NCAA has no one to blame but themselves for this. A feckless institution that could not change its ways and thinking and became fast irrelevant while clinging to its old student/athlete fantasies.

I loved Bob Knight as a coach as much as anyone, but I'd argue that Knight always THOUGHT he knew which players he could push and which ones he couldn't. More often than not he was right, but there were definitely instances where guys left because of his miscalculation on that front.

I loved Bob Knight as a coach as much as anyone, but I'd argue that Knight always THOUGHT he knew which players he could push and which ones he couldn't. More often than not he was right, but there were definitely instances where guys left because of his miscalculation on that front.
Jason Collier comes immediately to mind. Ironically, it was the hurt Collier that Knight was checking on when Valentine threw him out.

Jason Collier comes immediately to mind. Ironically, it was the hurt Collier that Knight was checking on when Valentine threw him out.
It was Recker who was hurt when Valentine threw Knight out. And gave him three technicals.

My brother was actually the official scorer for that game. I'm not sure where it is, what it's worth or if it's even for sale, but I'd love to own - or at least see - that official scorer's book.

5 open spots (and counting, sure there will be more) and zero recruits...this is nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT