ADVERTISEMENT

So are we going to even field a basketball team next year?

Not really surprised but it still sucks. I had big hopes.
The way the team plays Sunday will speak HUGE volumes.

Bad feeling about it with Mac's condition.
I don’t know that it would be the worse thing to lose, if we have home NCAA wrapped up. Didn’t realize we have Iowa tomorrow. I predict they will clean our clocks. They are mad.

I don’t know that it would be the worse thing to lose, if we have home NCAA wrapped up. Didn’t realize we have Iowa tomorrow. I predict they will clean our clocks. They are mad.
And it is a home crowd for Iowa. It depends on Mac, because Ivins is out for Iowa. That is one less shooter for Iowa

Zeke, you should join the chat for the 2nd half.

Their run and Syd's brief injury coincided perfectly. I think mentally we were out of it.
Everyone on bball boards is saying this will cost us hosting. I’m not sure that’s the case. Every year I feel like commit doesn’t pay that much attention to the conference tourneys. Guess we will see.

Everyone on bball boards is saying this will cost us hosting. I’m not sure that’s the case. Every year I feel like commit doesn’t pay that much attention to the conference tourneys. Guess we will see.
I think Mac's unknown status will cost us hosting.

Yeah I think that’s why Teri put her in so late, to at least show she could get out there. Of all the bad timing to get an injury.
I feel bad for her, 3rd year she has been hurt for the tournament. I bet it weighs on her.

I had that problem of my knee popping out when I was young. Sometimes it wasn't too bad, hopefully this is one for her.

I’m not sure the latter is true. I was really surprised the way Trey and Leal spoke about Woody yesterday. The first part, agree 100%

I had heard from a few people that follow closer than I do that there was a lot of discontent in the locker room with him. Perhaps it is wrong, but seems like something negative was clearly going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: UncleMark
I had heard from a few people that follow closer than I do that there was a lot of discontent in the locker room with him. Perhaps it is wrong, but seems like something negative was clearly going on behind the scenes.
I’d seen that on other boards that the players didn’t get along well. But I watch the bench pretty closely and following them on social media, I certainly don’t see any of that. One of the ones I’d heard was Cupps and X, but they have always been first to congratulate each other, retweet good plays, etc. Who knows? There are always rumors when we are losing.

I’d said in other places, “how the team responded yesterday, would answer many question”.
The team answered.
If Liam needs to pull the cord to move on… good luck young man. If he realizes that life decisions shouldn’t be made based IU FANS. It’s a good life lesson and I’m happy to have him back. If not. Oh well. Good luck. After you commit and quit the first time…. It’s always easier after that and that is not an easy error to correct.
We ain’t done yet and THIS team, OUR team has proven that they haven’t quit on woody. The fans or the school.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I’m not sure the latter is true. I was really surprised the way Trey and Leal spoke about Woody yesterday. The first part, agree 100%
Players that know they wouldn’t sniff the floor on other teams have a bias towards their coach that lets them sniff the floor. Water is wet.

I didn’t hear Malik or Mackenzie yet.

I’d said in other places, “how the team responded yesterday, would answer many question”.
The team answered.
If Liam needs to pull the cord to move on… good luck young man. If he realizes that life decisions shouldn’t be made based IU FANS. It’s a good life lesson and I’m happy to have him back. If not. Oh well. Good luck. After you commit and quit the first time…. It’s always easier after that and that is not an easy error to correct.
We ain’t done yet and THIS team, OUR team has proven that they haven’t quit on woody. The fans or the school.

3 weeks ago it looked like the team had quit on Woodson, that is the unpardonable sin for a coach. Now we know they really haven't. He constructed a team with deep flaws, his coaching has questions. But there is hope he will learn from this season.

At the beginning, Moren didn't like the 3. IU didn't shoot many. This year the women led the NCAA in percentage. There is hope.

Reactions: UncleMark
3 weeks ago it looked like the team had quit on Woodson, that is the unpardonable sin for a coach. Now we know they really haven't. He constructed a team with deep flaws, his coaching has questions. But there is hope he will learn from this season.

At the beginning, Moren didn't like the 3. IU didn't shoot many. This year the women led the NCAA in percentage. There is hope.
To be fair, the team “3 weeks ago” as you said. Looked exactly like the team 11 weeks ago. So by that logic. The team quit in December.
There’s obviously something that’s changed. And obviously some of the same square peg being attempted into the same round hole.
Allowing 30 yrs of shit, to let 5 months of mediocrity force a start from scratch can’t be the answer.

Give her the job

But there is hope he will learn from this season.
New Tricks Christmas GIF by BuzzFeed

Reactions: All4You and larsIU
Players that know they wouldn’t sniff the floor on other teams have a bias towards their coach that lets them sniff the floor. Water is wet.

I didn’t hear Malik or Mackenzie yet.

I agree with you on Leal, but i think Galloway has been incredible. Hes basically been playing out of position for the last two seasons, and has turned into an effective point guard. Nearing the all time assist record at IU?

Reactions: dr.jb
I agree with you on Leal, but i think Galloway has been incredible. Hes basically been playing out of position for the last two seasons, and has turned into an effective point guard. Nearing the all time assist record at IU?
He has grit and I appreciate him. He doesn’t start on Purdue or other top teams.

Reactions: larsIU
I don’t mean during senior night. Where are the glowing endorsements from the actual ballers on the team?
i Don’t think they usually give glowing endorsements on their coaches except for senior night. Have you heard them saying they hated their coach? They haven’t spoken about it either way.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I don’t mean during senior night. Where are the glowing endorsements from the actual ballers on the team?
Ok just read from someone I trust more than Dakich that some of the others don’t like him. I was really mad when he started throwing players under the bus.

Ok just read from someone I trust more than Dakich that some of the others don’t like him. I was really mad when he started throwing players under the bus.
The whole thing has been a disaster. From hiring a staff to building a roster to on-court and off-court incidents to terrible substitution patterns. Woody calling out players is a nothingburger.

I hate the vitriol that some have spewed towards Woody and Quinn. They have given more to cheer about to the IU fanbase than any of the people on here calling them out personally.

That being said…the ship has sailed. It appears he will be head coach for another year. At the end of the year, i hope he resigns. I also hope the fanbase gives him the respect that he earned here as a player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT