ADVERTISEMENT

Since we're in the ask questions of the board mode...

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
How many of you have met in person/real life?

Back in the earlish days of the peegs board, I actually went to a few in-person meeting things. I went to Happy Valley for an IU basketball game and met a bunch of people there (I'm guessing it was around 2000-01). I also met some folks at one of the Big Ten tourney around that time as well. I also played in the inaugural - and I'm guessing only - Peegs 3 on 3 basketball tournament in Bloomington in 2002.

I was just curious if any of you actually know each other off this board. I'm actually connected with some of the people I met all those years ago on social media, but unless I'm forgetting someone or someone goes by a different name here, I don't think any of those folks are on here.

When I was in Bloomington a month or so ago for the women's ALS Awareness game, I thought about putting something out there about meeting up, but didn't end up doing it. I'd be up for doing something like that if the stars aligned.

I was sitting in Nicks at the bar before a football game and chatting with a fellow sitting next to me. After a few minutes he asked, Are you the Rockport Zebra. Why yes, I am. Where is the Capper. Hes around here somewhere. It was one of the coolest meets. Several of us would meet for a football tailgate. Most of them moved with Peegs. I know I will mess up these names but here goes, Andy, Super Hoosier fan, Youngson, MTOTF, Mas-sa-suta, Eddy for IU.

Last edited:
I have met CO and Cosmic. I think that is it for people now posting and I have met since I started posting in 2000.

I am sure Rockfish and I met in college since we were both in Wright Parks House at the same time. And I bet Sope and I ran across each other in our youths long ago.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I haven't seen him in years, but I used to play basketball with IU Believer and his brother a good bit. They both were good guys. I also met ectinfibre (I probably misspelled that), StinaNYC, DougS, and one other guy who I forget his name here - maybe DocLove or something like that.

All those people were good people.

Back in the earlish days of the peegs board, I actually went to a few in-person meeting things. I went to Happy Valley for an IU basketball game and met a bunch of people there (I'm guessing it was around 2000-01). I also met some folks at one of the Big Ten tourney around that time as well. I also played in the inaugural - and I'm guessing only - Peegs 3 on 3 basketball tournament in Bloomington in 2002.

I was just curious if any of you actually know each other off this board. I'm actually connected with some of the people I met all those years ago on social media, but unless I'm forgetting someone or someone goes by a different name here, I don't think any of those folks are on here.

When I was in Bloomington a month or so ago for the women's ALS Awareness game, I thought about putting something out there about meeting up, but didn't end up doing it. I'd be up for doing something like that if the stars aligned.
I might know cortez. He’s even worse in real life

I haven't seen him in years, but I used to play basketball with IU Believer and his brother a good bit. They both were good guys. I also met ectinfibre (I probably misspelled that), StinaNYC, DougS, and one other guy who I forget his name here - maybe DocLove or something like that.

All those people were good people.
I remember those names. Dougs I think - was a good poster. Put time into them

I met lars at a frisbeesoccer match between Carmel and East Carmel. He got a red card for giving me the code to the moat around town so that I could get in and watch.

I thought he would be bigger...
f7484950-eaf2-475a-92f0-ec1cb6d1a297_text.gif

There was an OTF tailgate during Hep’s tenure where I met a bunch - many of the names gone or forgotten.

I’ve met Aruss, Kref, SuperHoosier, Peegs, Dolfingus, Daydreamer, C-$, Shrockstar, EddyforiU, Ken Bikoff, Sope, Massasuta, Ladoga, ToastedBread, td75, Windsurf, MJE, MyWifeRocks, tunk, townsend, irregulars, youngsumm,

A few others but i cant remember the names

There was an OTF tailgate during Hep’s tenure where I met a bunch - many of the names gone or forgotten.

I’ve met Aruss, Kref, SuperHoosier, Peegs, Dolfingus, Daydreamer, C-$, Shrockstar, EddyforiU, Ken Bikoff, Sope, Massasuta, Ladoga, ToastedBread, td75, Windsurf, MJE, MyWifeRocks, tunk, townsend, irregulars, youngsumm,

A few others but i cant remember the names
oh yeah...I did meet Peegs at least once or twice too. And tunk too. Didn't he do some sort of historical Indy blog at one point?

I know a couple of guys, including one that has been mentioned by another poster, that post on the basketball and football boards, but not here.

Met Sope . . . Didn’t know it at the time . . . Punky little kid from Columbus in the Knothole section at IU games . . . Trashing Bloomington and sneaking smokes during the games . . . Dropped him over the side and on the concrete at the south end of the west side stands . . . Explains a lot; fell on his head numerous times. . .Kept coming back and mouthing off, telling everyone he was going to go to law school and then come back and sue our butts.

I've met Zeke. Joe hasn't got a chance.
Oh yeah - I think we were both at this year's women's bball ALS Awareness game. I think she mentioned on here she was going when I posted about it. Not sure being in Assembly Hall at the same time counts as meeting though.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Oh yeah - I think we were both at this year's women's bball ALS Awareness game. I think she mentioned on here she was going when I posted about it. Not sure being in Assembly Hall at the same time counts as meeting though.
Let me know if you are at any other women's games, I am at almost all home games

Let me know if you are at any other women's games, I am at almost all home games
Will do. There is a very high likelihood I'll be at more of their games in the next year or two. Not sure about this year yet, but I'll definitely let you know.

I met some people at the Peegs things back in the day, but not many still here. Stina, Doug, and maybe you, Ohio. Were you at the Midnight Madness right after Bobby was fired? Met Dane Fife’s uncle and some of Kyle Hornsby’s relatives. Met Uncle Mark. And probably been at dog park with Marvin and Cosmo! Bloom also… I miss RMKFan /Jack… good poster.

I met some people at the Peegs things back in the day, but not many still here. Stina, Doug, and maybe you, Ohio. Were you at the Midnight Madness right after Bobby was fired? Met Dane Fife’s uncle and some of Kyle Hornsby’s relatives. Met Uncle Mark. And probably been at dog park with Marvin and Cosmo! Bloom also… I miss RMKFan /Jack… good poster.
Oh wow - yes. I was at that Midnight Madness. Was there also a football game that weekend? Maybe Iowa?

Oh wow - yes. I was at that Midnight Madness. Was there also a football game that weekend? Maybe Iowa?
So we have probably met. I was with a couple of other females and we made a sign. Spent the night and yes, football game then

I've met several at a couple of Peegs tailgaters and an IU game at Lucas Oil. We lost by the way. I'm also Facebook friends with some of them. MrBing is a friend and lives in my neighborhood, at least for now. He's in command now and will likely need to do a Pentagon tour starting this summer. That's the usual path. He's planning to keep and rent out his house because he wants to come back. Why? Hell, if I know. ;) I'm looking at moving away when I retire-retire in the next year or two.

Went to a basketball game with Peegs at my old high school to see a player IU was interested in at the time. Can't recall the player's name at the moment. He ended up going elsewhere so of course they're practically dead to me at that point. :D

I've met several at a couple of Peegs tailgaters and an IU game at Lucas Oil. We lost by the way. I'm also Facebook friends with some of them. MrBing is a friend and lives in my neighborhood, at least for now. He's in command now and will likely need to do a Pentagon tour starting this summer. That's the usual path. He's planning to keep and rent out his house because he wants to come back. Why? Hell, if I know. ;) I'm looking at moving away when I retire-retire in the next year or two.

Went to a basketball game with Peegs at my old high school to see a player IU was interested in at the time. Can't recall the player's name at the moment. He ended up going elsewhere so of course they're practically dead to me at that point. :D
I went to some high school games and an all star game with Peegs and others.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I was sitting in Nicks at the bar before a football game and chatting with a fellow sitting next to me. After a few minutes he asked, Are you the Rockport Zebra. Why yes, I am. Where is the Capper. Hes around here somewhere. It was one of the coolest meets. Several of us would meet for a football tailgate. Most of them moved with Peegs. I know I will mess up these names but here goes, Andy, Super Hoosier fan, Youngson, MTOTF, Mas-sa-suta, Eddy for IU.
I didn’t go with Peegs. F*ck Peegs. He did a huge cash grab selling subscriptions until the moment he left. And he knew damn good and well he was leaving. I’m still here, I just don’t post much anymore. And I believe you’re confusing me with SuperHoosier. He was heavy into the football boards. The only person I ever met (and am still good friends with) is etechnifiber. He used to do highlight videos after all the games. We live in the same town, went to the same high school, all that.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
I didn’t go with Peegs. F*ck Peegs. He did a huge cash grab selling subscriptions until the moment he left. And he knew damn good and well he was leaving. I’m still here, I just don’t post much anymore. And I believe you’re confusing me with SuperHoosier. He was heavy into the football boards. The only person I ever met (and am still good friends with) is etechnifiber. He used to do highlight videos after all the games. We live in the same town, went to the same high school, all that.

Dayum. I wondered whatever happened to you.

You were always my first suspect as being Lucy.

Reactions: larsIU
Did watching one of these more recent teams kill RMKFAN?

Reactions: larsIU and zeke4ahs

Cosmic said there was a woman who was a big MAGA supporter when he is out in the mornings, so you probably did meet:).

I wish I had met Jack.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Buzz, Fish, Marv, Sope, Alex, dlh. My stoker met 4, didn’t help them like me though. Also met SWMBO.

Edit; Dragonvich

Last edited:
You are right. SuperHoosier was a mod.

is there even a peegs board anymore? I’ve visited the site, but the only boards you don’t have to pay for seem to only post an aggregate of the articles on their site for a given day.

Maybe I’m revealing my inner Luddite, but I couldn’t find a board with any real type of conversation.

About six yrs ago or so I was going to an IU game and asked on here if anyone wanted to meet at a certain section of Assembly Hall. But I didn't get any responses.

I met lars at a frisbeesoccer match between Carmel and East Carmel. He got a red card for giving me the code to the moat around town so that I could get in and watch.

I thought he would be bigger...
f7484950-eaf2-475a-92f0-ec1cb6d1a297_text.gif
Probably my evil twin (fraternal). Short little bastard.

And, wouldn't you know it, you bet your ass they have soccer golf. Same courses. but a bucket like thing under the basket.

Fun fact, my daughter sometimes goes with me (headphones in of course, no need for the wisdom of my old ass) and takes a soccer ball. Mostly just dribbles around me trying to nutmeg me (ask McM) but will try and "make" the final touch into the basket. Harder than it looks.

So no, you get no credit for anything. Ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT