ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired at Trump's PA campaign rally

This is the kind of thing that just makes me shake my head. That he would use such a lame excuse is at best an obfuscation. But he's able to say something like that because most people don't know better and will take him at his word.

FBI director reveals new details on how Trump shooter carried out attack

Wray actually claims that the shooter may have been able to conceal his rifle because it had a "collapsible stock". Well no shit, the vast majority of AR platform rifles have an adjustable butt stock (around 6 inches of length adjustment), yet still leaving you with an overall minimum length around 30 to 32 inches. Compare that to the standard backpack being 20 inches or so tall, he certainly wouldn't have been any more able to conceal it. As was pointed out in this thread (Hooky I believe), separating the upper receiver from the lower receiver and ACTUALLY concealing an AR in a smaller pack only requires pushing out the 2 takedown pins. It's simple and only takes a matter of seconds to either separate or reassemble.

This is the kind of thing that just makes me shake my head. That he would use such a lame excuse is at best an obfuscation. But he's able to say something like that because most people don't know better and will take him at his word.

FBI director reveals new details on how Trump shooter carried out attack

Wray actually claims that the shooter may have been able to conceal his rifle because it had a "collapsible stock". Well no shit, the vast majority of AR platform rifles have an adjustable butt stock (around 6 inches of length adjustment), yet still leaving you with an overall minimum length around 30 to 32 inches. Compare that to the standard backpack being 20 inches or so tall, he certainly wouldn't have been any more able to conceal it. As was pointed out in this thread (Hooky I believe), separating the upper receiver from the lower receiver and ACTUALLY concealing an AR in a smaller pack only requires pushing out the 2 takedown pins. It's simple and only takes a matter of seconds to either separate or reassemble.
It's so frustrating to hear stuff like the "collapsible stock for concealment" being floated. We're governed by people who are counting on the ignorance of the general population to obfuscate and deflect their own shortcomings. It's not just firearms, you can pick your topic and point out the incongruency. Ever watch a hearing that has anything to do with "the internet"?

It's so frustrating to hear stuff like the "collapsible stock for concealment" being floated. We're governed by people who are counting on the ignorance of the general population to obfuscate and deflect their own shortcomings. It's not just firearms, you can pick your topic and point out the incongruency. Ever watch a hearing that has anything to do with "the internet"?

Congressional Hearing on Collapsible Stocks where a room full of Karens (Female and Male) blather on about things they neither understand nor care to educate themselves about to the detriment of the people in T Minus 5...4...3...

Congressional Hearing on Collapsible Stocks where a room full of Karens (Female and Male) blather on about things they neither understand nor care to educate themselves about to the detriment of the people in T Minus 5...4...3...
Wouldn't you love to see Jerry Nadler on a shooting range?

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and All4You
Wouldn't you love to see Jerry Nadler on a shooting range?
I'm just happy to see the Larry Bud Melman character reprised.

Jerry-Nadler-2-750x536.png

hqdefault.jpg

The recordings the guy analyzed on the video I watched was from the Trump microphone on stage and a cell phone. If i understood what I was watching, they both pretty much showed the same thing.

Here's the CBS analysis:

Now I don't consider CBS anything close to the gold standard for the news media but they seem to have taken a close look at things this time...

Here's the updated rounds fired Timeline:

Pretty close to what I had guessed, they show the wrong Sniper team location (the team that made The terminal shot was on the third building to the right...)...

That big blue water tower still looms unoccupied even though it's one of the most obvious overwatch locations (and the 2nd most dangerous elevated line of site to the podium Threat)... Hard to tell if the vehicles below and to the right of it are police owned or otherwise..., no apparent lights flashing...

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Here's the CBS analysis:

Now I don't consider CBS anything close to the gold standard for the news media but they seem to have taken a close look at things this time...
Yes, the FBI Director testified today they found 8 used cartridges by the would be assassin.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
One Tough Marine:

If I had been hit in the lung and liver I don't think I'd be out of the hospital by day 11...

Here's hoping he has something very close to a full recovery (along with the other fellow)...

Last edited:
I agree but the mere seconds between the first volley and the second volley which killed Crooks means they would have HAD to had him in their sights. No one finds a target as small as Crooks apparently was(one in a million shot) and kills him with one shot in that amount of time unless they were watching him.
Riggs could do it. 1000 yards. Laos. High winds. But he was one of 8 or 10 guys in the world who could have.

Riggs could do it. 1000 yards. Laos. High winds. But he was one of 8 or 10 guys in the world who could have.

These three guys could really have done it 10 out of 10:

Hathcock helped train and influence professional Sniper and Counter Sniper programs throughout the country until his illness got the better of him...

Mawhinney lived a quite civilian life until revealed in a book and people started asking about his exploits...

England had little notoriety outside the USMC.

//My favorite recounting of a Mawhinney exploit was his stopping an NVA river crossing at night with 16 headshots using a night vision equipped M-14. All snap shots from a rifle he rarely used...//

Last edited:
Reactions: dr.jb and DANC
The photo Souza posted was from 3 years ago.

The left is trying to spin this one as hard and fast as they can...

Lie, obscure, obstruct...

The FBI Directors Congressional Hearing BS basically killed two birds with one stone by attempting to validate the lefts narrative (that he really wasn't shot per say), and by inadvertently reinforcing many of those on the rights thought that the leadership of the FBI basically is the Stasi arm of the DNC... He couldn't have encouraged more conspiracy theories had he purposely scripted it...🙄

Never seen anything quite like it in my lifetime...; two of the institutions most of us used to like to believe were the epitome of professionalism (the FBI & Secret Service) having become just the opposite (and that's giving them a Big benefit of the doubt)...

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Secret Service is back to blaming the locals again...

Maybe if they had just attended the briefing that they were supposed to head up on the morning of the rally they perhaps might have considered setting up a way to have at least one of their people monitor the disparate frequencies..., and relay any alarm calls...🙄

Once again, we see a degree of incompetence that would be surprising even if it were attributed to a Boy Scout Troop, much less the supposed premier proctective service on the planet...

Last edited:
Third survivor of Trumps attempted assassination has been released from the hospital... Another tough old bird...

Here's to a relatively full recovery! 🍺

No word yet on whether Director Wray considers his injuries just due to shrapnel...(DWS)

Third survivor of Trumps attempted assassination has been released from the hospital... Another tough old bird...

Here's to a relatively full recovery! 🍺

No word yet on whether Director Wray considers his injuries just due to shrapnel...(DWS)
Somebody that's his age, loses a rather large chunk of their remaining life from injuries that serious.

Sad to see this being downplayed and fought over by a bunch of partisan bureaucrats that just want point fingers and shift blame.

Reactions: dr.jb

Maybe if they had just attended the briefing that they were supposed to head up on the morning of the rally they perhaps might have considered setting up a way to have at least one of their people monitor the disparate frequencies..., and relay any alarm calls...🙄

Once again, we see a degree of incompetence that would be surprising even if it were attributed to a Boy Scout Troop, much less the supposed premier proctective service on the planet...
The whole thing is nuts.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
When the head of the FBI goes out of his way to (incorrectly) cast doubt about whether Trump was actually shot, it doesn't exactly put a damper on the conspiracy theories...

While I don't believe the Secret Service was actually "in on it" in an active capacity with the shooter directly..., they more than set the stage for him, or someone like him, to be successful...

No dogs, no drones, no one on the blue tower (the highest point with both overwatch and direct line of site to the podium), no one on the shooters rooftop, no one present at the final security meeting, several vertically challenged agents assigned to a man who in some cases was a full foot taller than them..., no one coordinating communications between the disparate agencies...

A clearly under resourced detail... A compromised primary security perimeter to start with... Allowing a potential adversary to recon the area both by drone and on foot... No outer perimeter roving patrols or QRF that could react to that type of threat... These are just the security flaws we're aware of...!

This level of incompetence by the Secret Service is literally historic in nature and it Has to be asked if many of these flaws weren't acts of commission vs omission...

I've said it before and meant it...: your average Boy Scout Troop could have done a better job securing that site than the Secret Service did and sadly that's not just hyperbole...

You literally have to work to screw up as badly as Homeland Security and the Secret Service did on that day... Hence..., the many conspiracy theories...

Blaming the locals might be the worst part of the whole affair to me.

I think that department has something like 20 cops and the secret service has the audacity to blame them to cover their own ass?

Absolutely despicable.

16 days later the FBI finally sets up a victim interview...🙄

My guess is he'll ask them to tell their boss in DC that he'd best start looking for a new line of work...

I've not been following it closely enough to know, so I'll ask here. Why was Wray in front of Congress instead of Mayorkis?

Now there's evidence that they should have been aware of the potential shooter a full 90 minutes ahead of Trump taking the podium...

I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this 🙄

This level of incompetence by the Secret Service is literally historic in nature and it Has to be asked if many of these flaws weren't acts of commission vs omission...
Ask away. Let us know when there is evidence that is inconsistent with flaws of omission or proof of actual intent by anyone in the Secret Service to allow DJT to be assassinated.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Ask away. Let us know when there is evidence that is inconsistent with flaws of omission or proof of actual intent by anyone in the Secret Service to allow DJT to be assassinated.
I will bet anything that a bullet didn’t hit his ear. I WANNA SEE THAT EAR 🤣🤣🤣. He’s THE GOAT!!!! I bet it is perfectly in place. And I haven’t read shit about. I just bet I’m right

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and 76-1
I will bet anything that a bullet didn’t hit his ear. I WANNA SEE THAT EAR 🤣🤣🤣. He’s THE GOAT!!!! I bet it is perfectly in place. And I haven’t read shit about. I just bet I’m right

The left has already faked one photo of it... Don't encourage them... 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT