ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka Smart is a joke....

IDontWannaLargeFarva

All-Big Ten
Feb 17, 2016
Never won his conference at VCU. One final four run, and it was off to the races as far as hype was concerned.

The guy was a relentless self promoter though. Remind you of anyone?

I prefer Butler's style of play over VCU and Texas under Shaka Smart

I would love to see Shaka Smart as IU's coach so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Never won his conference at VCU. One final four run, and it was off to the races as far as hype was concerned.

The guy was a relentless self promoter though. Remind you of anyone?

Oh crap...are you trying to tell us that's who Glass will replace Crean with?
You Mean after next season?? I hope I hope.
Seriously injuries have made it tough. I still contend Hartman getting hurt was huge.

Seriously injuries have made it tough. I still contend Hartman getting hurt was huge.

Well the talk around town was we had a final four ceiling.

Then after beating Kansas and UNC we were ranked where in November (without Hartman)...3rd?

So losing OG (who wasn't even starting) is the difference between a final four team and an 11th place team that shouldn't be going to any post season like three years ago.

Nope, it is just a typical, fragile Crean led team... in year nine.

nope and nope

sorry little bro! IU will accidentally get it right sooner or later lol

Well the talk around town was we had a final four ceiling.

Then after beating Kansas and UNC we were ranked where in November (without Hartman)...3rd?

So losing OG (who wasn't even starting) is the difference between a final four team and an 11th place team that shouldn't be going to any post season like three years ago.

Nope, it is just a typical, fragile Crean led team... in year nine.

coach will remind us that JBJ missed 3 games and will need 3 months to recover from that

There's no question that key injuries have been central to our difficulties this season. But they don't explain why we -- for instance -- couldn't even get past the Sweet 16 when we had two of the top 4 picks in that year's NBA Draft. They don't explain how we whiffed on our primary '17 recruiting targets -- including several from the state of Indiana. They don't explain how we could (prior to OG's and JBJ's injuries, mind you) lose to IPFW.

Crean's had plenty of time to show he's capable of getting us where we want to be. He just hasn't gotten it done. We could give him 10 more years. We'd still be mired in inconsistency and mediocrity.

It's time for a fresh start.

Reactions: sshogue and BigMobe
I prefer half court offense and hard nosed defense like Butler and Wisconsin over Shaka Smart''s full court pressure D. As it is not as reliable in a 7 game NCAA Tourmament Run.

I prefer half court offense and hard nosed defense like Butler and Wisconsin over Shaka Smart''s full court pressure D. As it is not as reliable in a 7 game NCAA Tourmament Run.

Shaka uses a full court Defense but not as much as most here think. I was at the Iowa St. game and they did not full court press one time except in the last 30 seconds of the game when they were trying to get them to burn clock. They used it more against K-State but probably less than 20% of the time. If you think that his teams do not play hard nosed half court defense then maybe you should watch some of the Texas games. There has been only a couple of poor defensive efforts. They have been in all games they play except a 2 or 3 and it is because of their defense. Offense in the problem now. They don't have shooters to spread the court or a PG to break down the defense. If they could spread the court then Roach and Jones would attack the basket easily.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT