ADVERTISEMENT

Senate

Spartans9312

All-American
Nov 11, 2004
WKYC: "Cleveland businessman Bernie Moreno will 'likely' run for US Senate"
I was surprised Portman announced his retirement. Moreno has serious self-funding ability and an interesting story as a Colombian immigrant who grew up in south Florida.

The Hill: "Tim Ryan planning to declare run for Ohio Senate seat by March"
Looks like he will finally run statewide in Ohio. He has hinted around in the past. Former Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman, former State Health Dept. Commissioner Amy Acton, Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, and Rep. Joyce Beatty have all been rumored to be considering a run.

Carolina Journal: "Former governor, Chief Justice inch closer to running for Burr's seat in the U.S. Senate"
McCrory (R) and Beasley (D) seem almost guaranteed to run

Be interesting to see the depth of the distrust of suspected deep state plant Sen. Todd Young, (DS-IN)

Literally invisible on issues at a time when leadership is sorely needed.

Remember, Young was hand-selected by Deep State liberal GOP icon Richard Lugar for appointment to The US Naval Academy, selected the Marines, but ended up in Naval Intelligence.

Good candidates are scarce in Indiana, but there are early indications Young may be primaried...

Last edited:
Remember, Young was hand-selected by Deep State liberal GOP icon Richard Lugar for appointment to The US Naval Academy, selected the Marines, but ended up in Naval Intelligence.
You don't know how that works, do you?

Proof positive Mas is just fVcking with the cooler.

Be interesting to see the depth of the distrust of suspected deep state plant Sen. Todd Young, (DS-IN)

Good candidates are scarce in Indiana, but there are early indications Young may be primaried...
We've truly descended into the Twilight Zone when a recommendation from Lugar is seen as a bad thing.

We've truly descended into the Twilight Zone when a recommendation from Lugar is seen as a bad thing.
Nixon's Favorite mayor = liberal??
You're either effing with the board or you are an idiot. I don't believe you're an idiot.

Thanks to two of the board's less gifted posters for demonstrating my point.
If Lugar were Populist, or Conservative,
no self-respecting progressive would be so loving towards Lugar.

When we in the Tea Party canvassed Indiana County GOP chairmen in 2011, over 70% were supportive of Lugar being primaried.
So we primaried his ass.

Thanks to two of the board's less gifted posters for demonstrating my point.
If Lugar were Populist, or Conservative,
no self-respecting progressive would be so loving towards Lugar.

When we in the Tea Party canvassed Indiana County GOP chairmen in 2011, over 70% were supportive of Lugar being primaried.
So we primaried his ass.

And that got you and yours Joe Donnelly. Nice work electing a "Populist, or Conservative".

Reactions: Bill4411
And that got you and yours Joe Donnelly. Nice work electing a "Populist, or Conservative".
Donnelly claimed to be pro-life and a financial conservative, a moderate...who loved Indiana and was a resident 'for life'.
As soon as Braun sent him packing, he did...heading for DC. and Akin Gump.

Last edited:
Hopefully it is a picture book or he may struggle.
Here's one that's probably required reading for the Trump family that still has dreams of office:
presidentfordummies.jpg

Why so sour? Be happy, Mas. It's black history month. I know that it's a special month for you, full of reflection and celebration!
And here is the coward, Outside Shitter, with a totally irrelevant post.

He's like that coward who hangs back until he sees someone being ganged up on in a fight and then runs in and starts kicking the victim and then runs away.

Total coward.

"Be interesting to see the depth of the distrust of suspected deep state plant Sen. Todd Young, (DS-IN)"

As I initially started reading thru this thread I felt that this was a major contender for one of the stupidest posts you had made on this board. I know that's a steep climb, but referring to Todd Young as a "deep state plant" struck me as one of the wackiest and absurd claims you've made, despite the treasure trove of choices you've previously provided...

But then I read your posts in the rest of the thread. Now I'm not sure calling neo-reactionary Todd Young a "deep state plant" even rises to the level of Top 10...

"Grassley indicated to reporters Wednesday he may be within weeks of announcing whether he plans to run for re-election."
If he retires (he's 87), Kim Reynolds could run for Senate and his grandson Pat could then run for governor.

If he retires

Maybe we can solve the term limits debate by simply having a maximum age you can run for office. Perhaps only for incumbents. You could still run for a first time I guess if you were 78 or something. Folks like Grassley, Feinstein, McConnell and countless others are octogenarians. They came of age in the 50’s and 60’s. No way they can keep up with pace the world moves at these days.

I say at 80 you can no longer run for office. Who’s with me?

Maybe we can solve the term limits debate by simply having a maximum age you can run for office. Perhaps only for incumbents. You could still run for a first time I guess if you were 78 or something. Folks like Grassley, Feinstein, McConnell and countless others are octogenarians. They came of age in the 50’s and 60’s. No way they can keep up with pace the world moves at these days.

I say at 80 you can no longer run for office. Who’s with me?
Whatever age Thad Cochran was the last time he was elected was too damn old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT