ADVERTISEMENT

See some positivity people please

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
I watched the whole game, and had plenty of frustrated yells at the TV.

-Some questionable play calling for sure

-Still too many dropped passes

-Still Baze overthrowing or missing some balls

-Not sure IU needed to go for 2 early in the game when they did

-Defenses NOT setting the edge or being gashed up the middle

-Our DBs got torched a few times and costly PI calls

-Not enough pressure on the QB most of the game

There, are “IU Sucks” crowd happy I can point out areas in need of improvement?

Now for the positives:

-Mentally weak teams collapse when they are down. IU has stayed in it al 3 games, never quitting.

-Baze has lapses he needs to clean up, but Damn he has shown a cool under pressure side when absolutely needed under 2 min vs Illinois and now WKU

—We had about 12 different people catch balls today

-Henderson is showing us something as RB, as is still Shivers

-The D still got stops when needed, or held to FG vs TD, and another Key Takeaway

-Our FG kicker hit a 51 yarder to win it

-WKU can s NOT a crappy team! They won 8 games last year and had 40 transfers on this team.

IU is 3-0. Not it hasn’t always been pretty but stop crapping on this team, be proud of their grit, the effort, and showing TWICE now an ability to snap victories from the jaws of defeat!

Let’s go take it to Cinci next week!!

Now for the positives:

-Mentally weak teams collapse when they are down. IU has stayed in it al 3 games, never quitting.

-Baze has lapses he needs to clean up, but Damn he has shown a cool under pressure side when absolutely needed under 2 min vs Illinois and now WKU

-The D still got stops when needed, or held to FG vs TD, and another Key Takeaway

-WKU can s NOT a crappy team! They won 8 games last year and had 40 transfers on this team.

IU is 3-0. Not it hasn’t always been pretty but stop crapping on this team, be proud of their grit, the effort, and showing TWICE now an ability to snap victories from the jaws of defeat!

I agree with you. Putting three wins on the board to start the season is a good thing...no matter how it was going to happen.

The one thing I would add to the bonehead list that I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND, is two kickoffs out of bounds....one of which could have cost us the game. Just kick the ball down the middle of the field and let the defense go to work. Sheesh

Go Hoosiers!

In regards to the drops and overthrows, they’re super frustrating.

I will though that there were some sensational catches to go along with the drops. CB threw some balls that should’ve been caught. The WRSs also caught some balls that were great catches, so probably a wash.

IMO, the costliest bad throw CB made was the lateral/fumble.

In regards to the drops and overthrows, they’re super frustrating.

I will though that there were some sensational catches to go along with the drops. CB threw some balls that should’ve been caught. The WRSs also caught some balls that were great catches, so probably a wash.

IMO, the costliest bad throw CB made was the lateral/fumble.
Need to ditch that play.

I agree with you. Putting three wins on the board to start the season is a good thing...no matter how it was going to happen.

The one thing I would add to the bonehead list that I SIMPLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND, is two kickoffs out of bounds....one of which could have cost us the game. Just kick the ball down the middle of the field and let the defense go to work. Sheesh

Go Hoosiers!
Per the two kicks, Tom Allen did t call for him to get it as close to the sideline as possible, he was as baffled as we were that Freeman did it for a second time! That may cost Freeman that role but IU would prefer to save Campbell’s leg from kickoffs so he can hit 51-game winners.
But ask our STC coach how the hell that happened again with 41 seconds left?

Per the two kicks, Tom Allen did t call for him to get it as close to the sideline as possible, he was as baffled as we were that Freeman did it for a second time! That may cost Freeman that role but IU would prefer to save Campbell’s leg from kickoffs so he can hit 51-game winners.
But ask our STC coach how the hell that happened again with 41 seconds left?
I would hope Coach Allen didn’t call for it to be close to the sideline as that would’ve been incredibly risky and unwise at that juncture. Put the ball in the end zone and it’s a fair catch by them every time (Which was the right call to make there).

Reactions: td75
WKU has a great offense, no question, but 544 yards in total offense? It wasn't just the pass offense either, they shredded IU running the ball. Allen has a lot of work to do with this crew. Also the fourth down call at the 50 in the first half and then run it up the middle? Very poor decision there. He punted it later from the 50 and pinned them back, almost a safety, and IU got the ball back with a short field and a go ahead td. IU simply isn't good enough if they make mistakes, either coaching/play calling or TOs. The first half with Barner getting a penalty when WKU committed two penalties was a bone head move too.

Having said that, IU is a very tough, resilent team mentally. There is a lot of talent on this team. They haven't come close to reaching their ceiling yet. But, they just have to play smarter including the coaches.

I just don't understand why Bazelak continues to overthrow high so often. Something in his mechanics/release point is just off. The WKU qb looked much more efficient all day and he is new to their offense as well. The O is still not, at this point, performing very well despite the point production. WKU just coaches offense much better and they are getting a lot of very good players out of the portal. IU could take some lessons.

I think every team has loud, grouchy fans, even OSU, Bama, etc.

I like this team. It’s flawed for sure, but man, the O is organized, gashing defenses sometimes, and still has a lot of potential. We had almost 500 yards of offense with a converted DT 3rd string center and a second string RT. Defense is keeping the team in games. Special teams has come through. There’s quality depth that is creating quality 4th quarter play. This team is giving itself the opportunity to learn from wins rather than losses. They survive. None of this was true of last year’s team.

I’ll keep watching. This team’s got a little something-something.

I think every team has loud, grouchy fans, even OSU, Bama, etc.

I like this team. It’s flawed for sure, but man, the O is organized, gashing defenses sometimes, and still has a lot of potential. We had almost 500 yards of offense with a converted DT 3rd string center and a second string RT. Defense is keeping the team in games. Special teams has come through. There’s quality depth that is creating quality 4th quarter play. This team is giving itself the opportunity to learn from wins rather than losses. They survive. None of this was true of last year’s team.

I’ll keep watching. This team’s got a little something-something.
Which team is the defense keeping in the game?

The big positive for me is that this team plays to the very last play and makes winning plays. No matter what happens and how many mistakes or bad calls there are, these kids hang in there to the very end and pulled it out.

What a fun day I had. We went up to the 105.1 band tailgate. Had a couple of free fried baloney sandwiches and listened to my new favorite local band (Rich Hardesty and the Little Nashvilles) and some very good porter beer for sale there. And what a beautiful day. Then what a game! Great day!!

WKU has a great offense, no question, but 544 yards in total offense? It wasn't just the pass offense either, they shredded IU running the ball. Allen has a lot of work to do with this crew. Also the fourth down call at the 50 in the first half and then run it up the middle? Very poor decision there. He punted it later from the 50 and pinned them back, almost a safety, and IU got the ball back with a short field and a go ahead td. IU simply isn't good enough if they make mistakes, either coaching/play calling or TOs. The first half with Barner getting a penalty when WKU committed two penalties was a bone head move too.

Having said that, IU is a very tough, resilent team mentally. There is a lot of talent on this team. They haven't come close to reaching their ceiling yet. But, they just have to play smarter including the coaches.

I just don't understand why Bazelak continues to overthrow high so often. Something in his mechanics/release point is just off. The WKU qb looked much more efficient all day and he is new to their offense as well. The O is still not, at this point, performing very well despite the point production. WKU just coaches offense much better and they are getting a lot of very good players out of the portal. IU could take some lessons.
To be fair about the fourth down, a bad snap ruined that play before it even had a chance.
By the time Baze corralled it and got the handoff finished, the play was basically over.

Also, for all the yards we gave up, we still held WKU 2TDs below their average scoring. And even though we were a Vegas favorite, we were an analytics underdog basically everywhere you looked. This was a good win.

To be fair about the fourth down, a bad snap ruined that play before it even had a chance.
By the time Baze corralled it and got the handoff finished, the play was basically over.

Also, for all the yards we gave up, we still held WKU 2TDs below their average scoring. And even though we were a Vegas favorite, we were an analytics underdog basically everywhere you looked. This was a good win.
Every win is a good win … when you are IU

No quit. All heart and resolve to win at the end. I expected more but mostly expected a win.
I've watched unknowable amount of FB in my life and after watching the last 3 IU games if I could make it happen Josh Henderson would be the #1 RB. He makes lots of good things happen, for a lot of different reasons. His 15-20 carries a game enhances the IU offense. I'll bet he gets used more next game.

Now for the positives:

I noticed nothing about the O line in your negative part, which is a positive.

(Not that you rag on the O line, but that no negatives is a positive. )

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I noticed nothing about the O line in your negative part, which is a positive.

(Not that you rag on the O line, but that no negatives is a positive. )
I don’t think the OLine is playing top level B10 per se, but few like doing better than last year, had some backup’s playing today and they did enough to allow us to win. (I still hope for an OL coaching change after this season though)

No quit. All heart and resolve to win at the end. I expected more but mostly expected a win.
I've watched unknowable amount of FB in my life and after watching the last 3 IU games if I could make it happen Josh Henderson would be the #1 RB. He makes lots of good things happen, for a lot of different reasons. His 15-20 carries a game enhances the IU offense. I'll bet he gets used more next game.
I’ve seen countless IU games where down 8 points with just over 2 mins to go, we fold like a cheap tent. The resolve this group shows is pretty unprecedented for an IU football program…..and that’s 2 so far in just 3 games.
I look around the conference and see these struggles: SIU over Northwestern, Syracuse over Purdue, Rutgers with a 2-point win over a decimated Temple program.
it shows you that teams not in the top 4-5 slots in the conference have to be locked in every single game mentally. There are too many transfers in the game today that most teams don’t have some playmakers at skill position spots and can do some damage in games. The rangy WR for them #7 is an Oregon transfer. Teams all over have players.

I’ve seen countless IU games where down 8 points with just over 2 mins to go, we fold like a cheap tent. The resolve this group shows is pretty unprecedented for an IU football program…..and that’s 2 so far in just 3 games.
I look around the conference and see these struggles: SIU over Northwestern, Syracuse over Purdue, Rutgers with a 2-point win over a decimated Temple program.
it shows you that teams not in the top 4-5 slots in the conference have to be locked in every single game mentally. There are too many transfers in the game today that most teams don’t have some playmakers at skill position spots and can do some damage in games. The rangy WR for them #7 is an Oregon transfer. Teams all over have players.
Agree and I'm still just blown away how we are 3-0. One word...Grit! This team has clawed this year and doesn't quit. The stats are a no tell about anything except the final score. We had so many "We need to do this" today at the end of the game and I clenched on every one and we did it.

I'm so damn happy to be 3-0!

I am happy about the 3rd win of the season and not focus on the shortcomings until Monday. This team has shown the fight we haven't seen at IU for a while. Celebrate this team for the fight they have shown at the end of games.

Want some positivity ???

This was the second game in which Bazelak led the offense on a pressure-packed, end of game, long drive.
Kudos to him as today’s game, as ugly as it was, would have been lost 95% of the time in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT