ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket outcomes

jiouhyu

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
Now that selections are wrapping up, i'm curious how people's seats turned out? I've been a season ticket holder for 22 years now. I'm not a big donor. I got to row 35 last year which made me pretty happy. This year i was pushed back two rows to 37. I'm speculating that maybe more people bout football season tix that pushed them ahead of me. I also thought that maybe people would be dropping due to last year's unfulfilling season (at least in my book, not according to Woody). Every few years I think of stopping my renewal but something compels me to keep going.

Now that selections are wrapping up, i'm curious how people's seats turned out? I've been a season ticket holder for 22 years now. I'm not a big donor. I got to row 35 last year which made me pretty happy. This year i was pushed back two rows to 37. I'm speculating that maybe more people bout football season tix that pushed them ahead of me. I also thought that maybe people would be dropping due to last year's unfulfilling season (at least in my book, not according to Woody). Every few years I think of stopping my renewal but something compels me to keep going.
My main account stayed the same, i pair with 2 other people for a six pack in the middle row 39.

My main account stayed the same, i pair with 2 other people for a six pack in the middle row 39.
Can lock in ur same seats year after year? Someone on a different thread referenced something like this but they were a big donor not a guy like me.

Can lock in ur same seats year after year? Someone on a different thread referenced something like this but they were a big donor not a guy like me.
No. Very few seats are saved. Mainly just bleachers and a few people like coach yeagley in J1. Top like 2-3%.

I’ve had the same seats in the bleachers for 14 years. I guess I didn’t realize that the rest of the stadium was reseated each year.

I’ve had the same seats in the bleachers for 14 years. I guess I didn’t realize that the rest of the stadium was reseated each year.
Yeah - full re-seating every year with the exception of the yellow, orange and green "premium" seating sections. Donors at the Hoosier Athlete level and above who already have seats in those premium areas can keep their seats as long as they maintain donations at their donor level. As such, they do not participate in the seat selection process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tammany Hall
Yeah - full re-seating every year with the exception of the yellow, orange and green "premium" seating sections. Donors at the Hoosier Athlete level and above can keep their seats as long as they maintain donations at their donor level. As such, they do not participate in the seat selection process.

Slight correction: not all seats held by Hoosier Athlete and above can keep their seats.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Question for those that know. Looking at the link Eddie posted, if someone wanted to get tickets in the Athlete or Scholar sections, does that mean that you have to donate $6K or $12K a year and then that gets you access to buy the tickets? I've always wanted season tickets, but didn't want the bad seats and wasn't in the financial position to consider the good ones. Old enough now where I could do so and could also use some for business purposes.

Being at Hoosier Athlete/Scholar do not guarantee you tickets in those sections. It is my understanding that someone would need to give up their tickets and you would need to be the person with the highest total points to get the seats.
There are many Hoosier/Athlete who do not have seats in those sections(myself included)

Reactions: MTBRider22
Question for those that know. Looking at the link Eddie posted, if someone wanted to get tickets in the Athlete or Scholar sections, does that mean that you have to donate $6K or $12K a year and then that gets you access to buy the tickets? I've always wanted season tickets, but didn't want the bad seats and wasn't in the financial position to consider the good ones. Old enough now where I could do so and could also use some for business purposes.
There is a long waiting list of donors at the Athlete level and above who want guaranteed seats in the premium seating areas. And, as baileyiu pointed out, someone with seats in those areas currently would have to opt out and then those seats would be offered to the person on the waiting list with the highest number of priority points. The donations do need to be maintained annually but the points that come from the donor levels won't be enough to climb the points ladder. Points that come from lifetime contributions to IU Athletics and those that come from many years of consecutive VC membership and buying season tickets for football, basketball and one other sport will tell the tale.
If you are seriously considering jumping into the game I highly recommend that you contact the Varsity Club with your interest. Then you will be assigned a representative who can work with you to develop a strategy for you to build points to the level that would afford you the opportunity to get the seats you want.
Best of luck and Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

There is a long waiting list of donors at the Athlete level and above who want guaranteed seats in the premium seating areas. And, as baileyiu pointed out, someone with seats in those areas currently would have to opt out and then those seats would be offered to the person on the waiting list with the highest number of priority points. The donations do need to be maintained annually but the points that come from the donor levels won't be enough to climb the points ladder. Points that come from lifetime contributions to IU Athletics and those that come from many years of consecutive VC membership and buying season tickets for football, basketball and one other sport will tell the tale.
If you are seriously considering jumping into the game I highly recommend that you contact the Varsity Club with your interest. Then you will be assigned a representative who can work with you to develop a strategy for you to build points to the level that would afford you the opportunity to get the seats you want.
Best of luck and Go Hoosiers!!!!!!
Great info Eddy! I was actually looking at the ticket site earlier today and couldn't tell much. I'll reach out to the Varsity Club and have some discussions.

Reactions: eddy4iu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT