ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarships

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
Why even give academic scholarships at this point? These guys can transfer at will depending on which way the wind is blowing on a certain day. I mean how many of them are even going to class at this point? May as well just give them their NIL and let them pay their own tuition so they have more skin in the game. At some point they will not even be students anyway they will just be employees of the school is the way this is headed imo. If they are actually serious about school just add the tuition to the NIL payment.

Why even give academic scholarships at this point? These guys can transfer at will depending on which way the wind is blowing on a certain day. I mean how many of them are even going to class at this point? May as well just give them their NIL and let them pay their own tuition so they have more skin in the game. At some point they will not even be students anyway they will just be employees of the school is the way this is headed imo. If they are actually serious about school just add the tuition to the NIL payment.
They aren't Academic scholarships. They are athletic Scholarships. That is my initial smart-ass take.

But big picture, being a Power 5 school is probably the minority when we are talking about all universities nationwide. How is an Indiana State, IUPUI, Valpo, Evansville, etc going to get anybody to play athletics at their school if they aren't getting a "free ride"? Rowing, Volleyball, lacrosse, soccer etc etc. Those are sports too!

They aren't Academic scholarships. They are athletic Scholarships. That is my initial smart-ass take.

But big picture, being a Power 5 school is probably the minority when we are talking about all universities nationwide. How is an Indiana State, IUPUI, Valpo, Evansville, etc going to get anybody to play athletics at their school if they aren't getting a "free ride"? Rowing, Volleyball, lacrosse, soccer etc etc. Those are sports too!
I mean I get that I am thinking more for football and basketball at the power 5 schools. At the smaller schools kids will always still be interested is classes not so much at big schools imo for alot of them.

I rewatched the 87 game of IU/UNLV the other day and noticed that when they were shooting free throws, they listed the players major….. and wondered when they started doing that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT