ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Travis promoted

Sep 4, 2001
He started 5 for 30 at Lowell, but then went 50 for 135 (.370) and wound up batting .333 for the Spinners.

He has been promoted to play for the Greenville (SC) Drive of the South Atlantic League. Greenville's stadium is known for having a duplicate of Fenway Park's Green Monster in Left Field. Also in this league are the Lakewood Blue Claws, Joey Denato's team (Phillies). Denato has given up 1 ER in the 12 IP for Lakewood.

Both teams are in last place in the SAL's 2nd half. They are in different divisions and are not scheduled to face each other for the remainder of the season.

Pretty amazing that all 4 former Hoosiers have been promoted since they began minor league baseball in mid-June.

A few days ago I had Alex Dickerson at El Paso as he shakes the rust off from missing most of the season due to ankle surgery. El Paso is AAA. In fact, Dickerson is at AA San Antonio, but he might get called up soon, as he is batting .419 (13-31 in the 7 games played.

I look forward to seeing him play quite a bit this next month on MILB. I follow the Red Sox farm teams closely and all of the Greenville home games are available, including tonight's which I will soon be tuning on. He is batting third and playing first base. In his first game he went 3-for-4 and also knocked in a run the second game. The $50 subscription per year is well worth it to me.

I'm a big Red Sox fan...love to see him

someday blistering the Green Monster.

There's a power shortage in Boston these days.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT