ADVERTISEMENT

Saban Retiring....

The chain reaction is going to be incredible and then the portal opens up again For those teams.
How crazy would it be if Smart took the ATL job? Both Georgia and Alabama looking for coaches. That would hurt the SEC pretty bad. Stay tuned

I’d definitely throw everything at Kirby and make him say no. What has Lanning done? He’s lost to DeBoer 3 times and only signed one 5 star, that doesn’t seem like someone Bama would take a chance on. Lane or even Sark might be my guess.

Reactions: DANC
I'd get the guy the Titans just let go. O$U would melt down.
No, Alabama would melt down. A Yankee coaching Bama with no ties to the south? Never happen. Although I’m sure they’d appreciate the story of him MF’ing and going after Meyer only to be restrained by Fickell in a team meeting. He’s a NFL guy through and through.

If Nick doesn't want to completely retire he can come here and work as a consultant with Coach Cig. I wonder if Alabama would consider Kalen Deboer?

If Deboer's smart he'll stay where he is or go someplace where perfect records aren't expected but appreciated, not like at Bama ... Bama is almost a setup to fail situation for the next HC.. anything less than perfection won't be accepted.

And he can bring some serious portal guys with him
I wonder how that would work...

Kiffen just built himself a National Championship contender (on paper) via the Portal...

Would those Portal transfers be allowed to double dip and transfer again due to a coaching change or would they be screwed and stuck there while watching his original team move elsewhere via the Portal?

That was my thought... As unlikely as it seems, with the type of momentum we have at the moment it would be almost predictable that that might happen... 🙉😖😎
It would be the most IU thing ever, wouldn't it? I mean, other than our former players and coaches being in the national championship game.

ESPN dude just hyped Kalen. Damn.
For some reason, I don't see that as a good match. I think Kalen is more of a stategist, not a recruiter. And Alabama is all about recruiting - all the football majors are monster recruiters, with Clemson being an exception. And we see how well they've done since their top assistants left.

No doubt he'd win at 'Bama. So would Tom Allen.

Whoever they get, their expectations will be out of control. It would be like following Bob Knight.....

Reactions: 76-1
No. You’re thinking of Lou Saban and he played at IU but he’s not Nick’s dad.
No way! i did not know that Lou Saban graduated from IU. I cached against him on his 70th birthday. NFL Films and CNN were there because it was his 70th birthday and he had coached in college and the NFL. He was coaching at South Fork High School, the same school where Casey Teegarden played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT