ADVERTISEMENT

Rutger. Mother trucking Rutgers.

I can keep explaining this although I can’t make people accept it…

This is a direct result of the Crean cult 10 years ago. We buried our national image 30 ft deep and poured 20 ft of concrete on top of it. Without a time machine I don’t know how it ever comes back.
Interesting concept. Hadn’t heard this before.

Has the league made any comment on the punch last night? First one I have seen during a game this season. The clowns that did it in the handshake line got a full game.

Rutgers had a couple bad losses back in November with Geo Baker either banged up or out completely. With their backs against the wall and the tournament a long shot, they mustered wins against Michigan State, Ohio State, Illinois, and at Wisconsin and in pretty much a winner take all game last night, snatched a game in the final 3 minutes they had no business winning. We don't execute down the stretch, rather we wilt. See Wisconsin x2, see @ Ohio State, last night against Rutgers, etc. That kind of mentally tough.

We aren't near as mentally tough as a team like Rutgers. We lack any players with a killer instinct. Ron Harper doesn't do anything special offensively. He's a career 33% 3 point shooter and barely shoots above 40% from the field. Yet, he wants the ball in his hands at the end of the game. Call it confidence, call it toughness, call it whatever you want, the stage is to big for our players when it matters. It's our season in a nutshell.
RHJ shoots 40% from 3 point land. He takes a lot of 3s.

RHJ shoots 40% from 3 point land. He takes a lot of 3s.
He's 33% for his career and he's been a thorn in people's side for at least three of them. He's a great player with a clutch gene. Wasn't trying to disparage him, just don't think there's anything special about his game that separates him from any IU player other than the fact he has the mental fortitude to go out and win you a game.

I would imagine Harper is gone, as I think he'll have NBA interest. Not sure you can build a team around McConnell and Omoyuri; both seem more like hustle guys. Those 2 and Mulcahy I guess could be a core, but you'd lose the heart of your team to me in losing Harper and Baker.
Not sure how much you've see of Omoyuri from last season to this, but he's exponentially better in all facets of the game. Most RU fans are shocked with his level of improvement. An absolute freak athlete too. If he maintains his current trajectory, he could be a 20 & 10 guy next year.

Reactions: Scangg
To me, it's he and Geo Baker. Both of those guys are tough and they play well together. Harper is the better scorer, but Baker is the better defender and ball handler. I was surprised to hear Mulcahy leads them in assists.
Ron is a better defender and Mulcahy is an elite level passer and pass first while geo is score first

well, Pikiell is a player development guy. Baker and Harper were not big time recruits. The hope is that he’ll continue to find and develop guys.
Harper was a under recruited but ended up a 4 star.

He's 33% for his career and he's been a thorn in people's side for at least three of them. He's a great player with a clutch gene. Wasn't trying to disparage him, just don't think there's anything special about his game that separates him from any IU player other than the fact he has the mental fortitude to go out and win you a game.
He's better than every player on IU except maybe TJD.

Reactions: kkott
And the Gap is getting bigger.... 5 straight now for Rutgers over Indiana and Rutgers has now won 7 of the last 8 with Indiana. They have quietly started to dominate the Hoosiers.
If this stat is true, I am going out to kick my neighbors dog.

Reactions: kkott
Not sure how much you've see of Omoyuri from last season to this, but he's exponentially better in all facets of the game. Most RU fans are shocked with his level of improvement. An absolute freak athlete too. If he maintains his current trajectory, he could be a 20 & 10 guy next year.
I don't know, if you're able to squeeze 20 out of CO, then he must have a whole lot more offensive game than I've seen in the couple of times I've watched your games. The 10 I'd believe in an instant. Definitely good size and athletic, but he may be the one starting center in the league that I'd pick to lose to TJD in a game of horse outside of 10'. Of course, I've never thought TJD's shot looks bad, he just refuses to take them. But, CO is the type of big we've just never gotten and I wish he had: good size, rangy and intimidating. TJD is actually a pretty good shot blocker, but he doesn't own and command the paint like I'd like from my 5.

Why doesn't Geronimo play more? A lot more

Why doesn't Kopp play less? A lot less
D. JG gets lost a lot on D, but he's by far our best athlete and has certainly improved his shot more than anyone else on our team.

I don't know, if you're able to squeeze 20 out of CO, then he must have a whole lot more offensive game than I've seen in the couple of times I've watched your games. The 10 I'd believe in an instant. Definitely good size and athletic, but he may be the one starting center in the league that I'd pick to lose to TJD in a game of horse outside of 10'. Of course, I've never thought TJD's shot looks bad, he just refuses to take them. But, CO is the type of big we've just never gotten and I wish he had: good size, rangy and intimidating. TJD is actually a pretty good shot blocker, but he doesn't own and command the paint like I'd like from my 5.
I have not watched a lot of Indiana games this year other than ours, but there is something about TJD when I have watched that just looks low-energy. Big exception was the start of the game the other night, where he was on fire on both ends of the floor. Maybe some of that was him not matching up well with Myles Johnson the last few years, because he always puts up big totals by the end of the season.

Cliff's growth on both sides of the floor during this season is one of the most amazing things I've seen in college ball. Example, blocks: he had a total of six blocks in our first twelve games. Three of those were against Lafayette. In the last 17 games, he got at least one block in 14 games and has a total of 32 over that stretch, all in conference play. I think he will lead the conference in blocks next season, assuming Liddell, Murray, and TJD move on. On offense, he already is averaging 11.1 per game in B1G play this year. His post moves are improving but have a ways to go. I think 15/10 is a realistic goal for him next year.

Reactions: kkott and Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT