ADVERTISEMENT

Rush flees the liberal conspiracy!

That all depends on what the definition "great" is. I am sure 34% Americans think Trump is a great president and perhaps a very honest person.:rolleyes:
When I hear the phrase "great American," I don't generally think of anyone recent. To me, that's a label that should be reserved for people whose legacies stand up to the test of history.

He also dodged the Vietnam draft because he had anal cysts. True story!
I bet my farm that he supported the war wholeheartedly. Actually, I met and chatted with a guy who was doing the very same radio talk show in Tacoma, which was the springboard for Rush's career. He told me a bunch of non-complimentary stories about Rush.

Reactions: DrHoops
Dogs left tied to trees as owners flee Hurricane Irma
http://fox6now.com/2017/09/09/dogs-left-tied-to-trees-as-owners-flee-hurricane-irma/

Some residents evacuating Florida ahead of Hurricane Irma’s path, have left their pets tied to trees and cars before fleeing the area — according to the Palm Beach Post.
PalmBeachPost.com reports Dianne Sauve, head of Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control, said the department will be pursuing criminal charges against owners who abandoned their pets and left them where they would not be able to escape the storm.
The report says animal control officers rescued 26 dogs on Friday, from Pahokee and Belle Glade, Florida.

I hope the owners suffer for the rest of their current lives and beyond.

Jeremy McLellan (comedian)

"If we want America to take hurricanes seriously we need to give them Muslim names. No one is going to leave for Irma. But if the weatherman says Abdullah is coming and he's a category 5 the entire country would evacuate."

opbo2d.png

Be prepared!

Reactions: DrHoops
Relax over everything. Every other post is "ALL TRUMP SUPPORTERS ARE X!!!!" and you are so angry, we have to wipe the spittle off our faces after reading your posts.

It sounds stupid when others do it. It sounds stupid when you do it. Take a step back from the ledge. Smoke a doobie, if it's legal where you are. Chillax.

I'm not angry at all.

I'm laughing at the apologists who say race has virtually nothing to do with it when all the evidence says otherwise.

I have no idea.

Then you can't claim he's a "great American" because the vast majority of Righties who said, "He's not a real Righty and he's so unstable he shouldn't have the nuclear codes" and all kinds of other slams now kiss his bare tooshie.

Forget Rush. Let's talk about Kirk Cameron describing hurricanes as God's display of power...while sitting in an airport skipping town.
I've thought about this a lot lately. Why do some evangelicals find it necessary to blame this group or that group for natural disasters?

I think it goes back to their concept of how God acts upon the world and our lives. Many of these folks believe that God is active. He is always in control and directs nature and all created things to do his bidding. If that is true, then God caused Harvey, Irma, 9/11, and sank the Titanic to boot. Well.... if God is doing these things he has to have a reason for it, right? Having come from this mindset and evolved away from it over the last few years, I can say that, accompanying this view is a picture of a God who is continually saying "Thou shalt not!". Thus, it is easy, and even necessary, to believe that God causes these natural disasters because someone, somewhere, is doing something that pisses him off.

The trouble with this line of reasoning is that the punishment for this terrible behavior often seems to miss the target, doesn't it? Did God kill 1500 mostly poor black people in New Orleans with Katrina because they were all gay? Will those gay sinners change their ways because God took out an easier target?

I think that this passage from Luke 13 addresses this kind of thinking nicely:

13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

This mindset comes from a smug confidence that others are more deserving of punishment than oneself and demonstrates that the one making such statements does not understand the Gospel that they claim to preach.

I've thought about this a lot lately. Why do some evangelicals find it necessary to blame this group or that group for natural disasters?

I think it goes back to their concept of how God acts upon the world and our lives. Many of these folks believe that God is active. He is always in control and directs nature and all created things to do his bidding. If that is true, then God caused Harvey, Irma, 9/11, and sank the Titanic to boot. Well.... if God is doing these things he has to have a reason for it, right? Having come from this mindset and evolved away from it over the last few years, I can say that, accompanying this view is a picture of a God who is continually saying "Thou shalt not!". Thus, it is easy, and even necessary, to believe that God causes these natural disasters because someone, somewhere, is doing something that pisses him off.

The trouble with this line of reasoning is that the punishment for this terrible behavior often seems to miss the target, doesn't it? Did God kill 1500 mostly poor black people in New Orleans with Katrina because they were all gay? Will those gay sinners change their ways because God took out an easier target?

13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

This mindset comes from a smug confidence that others are more deserving of punishment than oneself and demonstrates that the one making such statements does not understand the Gospel that they claim to preach.

Then basically after 2000 years of religion, human nature ain't any better than they first started off with.

I'm still waiting for Pat Robertson to come out and say Harvey and Irma were God's punishment for TX and FL voting for Trump.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
I'm still waiting for Pat Robertson to come out and say Harvey and Irma were God's punishment for TX and FL voting for Trump.
Yeah...... Not gonna happen. It's the gays.

It's always the gays and that's all it is.
And the transgenders. The gays and the transgenders. That's all it is.
And abortion. The gays, transgenders, and abortion, and there aren't any other reasons.....

Evolution!

Yeah...... Not gonna happen. It's the gays.

It's always the gays and that's all it is.
And the transgenders. The gays and the transgenders. That's all it is.
And abortion. The gays, transgenders, and abortion, and there aren't any other reasons.....

Evolution!

The evangelical movement has some truly disgusting, mean, nasty, and cruel people in it.

The Bible's God makes Trump look sane and mature.

I always laugh when Christians whine, "How dare you talk so poorly about God" and I always reply, "You might want to actually read the Bible someday. The God you depict is a flaming wacko that is extremely insecure that deserves zero respect."

It appears that their purpose is to denigrate Jesus' name.:(

It's looking like the antichrist isn't a single person, but an entire movement. The evangelicals claim to come with a message a love and peace, but deep down they are against the teachings of Christ.

Reactions: DougS
It's looking like the antichrist isn't a single person, but an entire movement. The evangelicals claim to come with a message a love and peace, but deep down they are against the teachings of Christ.

And the fact they treat Trump like he's Jesus' twin brother....literally.....is more proof of that.

Your vitriolic hatred of religion combined with your penchant for ridiculous hyperbole makes you look like a jackass. You know that, right?

I don't have a "vitriolic hatred of religion"........I hate the extreme wacko hypocrites. Yuge difference.

My best friend in the world is a born-again Christian. He actually follows the teachings of Jesus and isn't a hate-filled a-hole bigot like the Fundamentalists are.

As far as "ridiculous hyperbole", it really isn't THAT ridiculous. Have you ever heard Jim Bakker and others talk about Trump? They say God DIRECTLY SENT Trump to SAVE AMERICA.

And he's threatened an actual civil war if he's forced out.

If anything, I'm being kind to those nutjobs.

I don't have a "vitriolic hatred of religion"........I hate the extreme wacko hypocrites. Yuge difference.

My best friend in the world is a born-again Christian. He actually follows the teachings of Jesus and isn't a hate-filled a-hole bigot like the Fundamentalists are.

As far as "ridiculous hyperbole", it really isn't THAT ridiculous. Have you ever heard Jim Bakker and others talk about Trump? They say God DIRECTLY SENT Trump to SAVE AMERICA.

And he's threatened an actual civil war if he's forced out.

If anything, I'm being kind to those nutjobs.
You weren't attacking extremists. You attacked "Christians" and "the Bible's God." Not sure how you get any broader than that.

You weren't attacking extremists. You attacked "Christians" and "the Bible's God." Not sure how you get any broader than that.

I figured you were smart and would realize when I put "Christians" in quotes, I was talking about the fruit cakes.....not all of them. Guess not.

And are you really trying to deny the Bible's God isn't the biggest nut-job ever dreamed up?

Seriously?

I figured you were smart and would realize when I put "Christians" in quotes, I was talking about the fruit cakes.....not all of them. Guess not.

And are you really trying to deny the Bible's God isn't the biggest nut-job ever dreamed up?

Seriously?
You didn't put "Christians" in quotes.

Yahweh is similar to any iron age god. Neither especially good nor especially evil. Just average.

You didn't put "Christians" in quotes.

Yahweh is similar to any iron age god. Neither especially good nor especially evil. Just average.

I forgot to one time. Sue me.

Average/not especially evil my butt. The Bible's God thought people should be murdered for wearing the wrong kind of clothes.

Billions of people were programmed with sin because 2 people disobeyed him.

If you don't believe a story with zero proof, you'll BURN and be TORTURED for 100 trillion years.....even though he "loves" you (I always ask "Christians": Is there anything your own child could do that you'd send him/her to hell for even an hour"? 100% have told me: "No. Not even for 5 minutes. Doesn't matter if they were a mass murderer. There's no way I'd send my kid to hell for even 5 minutes." Yet, their "loving and just" God will send us to hell for 100 trillion years for not believing a story that has zero proof.

And on and on and on and on.

I forgot to one time. Sue me.

Average/not especially evil my butt. The Bible's God thought people should be murdered for wearing the wrong kind of clothes.

Billions of people were programmed with sin because 2 people disobeyed him.

If you don't believe a story with zero proof, you'll BURN and be TORTURED for 100 trillion years.....even though he "loves" you (I always ask "Christians": Is there anything your own child could do that you'd send him/her to hell for even an hour"? 100% have told me: "No. Not even for 5 minutes. Doesn't matter if they were a mass murderer. There's no way I'd send my kid to hell for even 5 minutes." Yet, their "loving and just" God will send us to hell for 100 trillion years for not believing a story that has zero proof.

And on and on and on and on.
None of that is actually in the bible. Once again, you are attacking a caricature and acting as though it represents normative belief.

None of that is actually in the bible. Once again, you are attacking a caricature and acting as though it represents normative belief.

Not in the Bible? Huh?

Guess you never heard of Adam and Eve. No sin until they ate the apple after God told them not too.

So you're telling us we can get into heaven without accepting Jesus? You might want to tell the billion Christians they're clueless because I've only heard them say that a trillion times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT