ADVERTISEMENT

Rush flees the liberal conspiracy!

Not in the Bible? Huh?

Guess you never heard of Adam and Eve. No sin until they ate the apple after God told them not too.

So you're telling us we can get into heaven without accepting Jesus? You might want to tell the billion Christians they're clueless because I've only heard them say that a trillion times.
You don't even know what the word "hyperbole" means, do you?

Not in the Bible? Huh?

Guess you never heard of Adam and Eve. No sin until they ate the apple after God told them not too.

So you're telling us we can get into heaven without accepting Jesus? You might want to tell the billion Christians they're clueless because I've only heard them say that a trillion times.
NB: over the course of this short conversation, you have proven me correct, and shown yourself to be dishonest when you said you were attacking only the extremists. You clearly mean to attack virtually all Christians.

NB: over the course of this short conversation, you have proven me correct, and shown yourself to be dishonest when you said you were attacking only the extremists. You clearly mean to attack virtually all Christians.

Wave that white flag high and proud.

Also, are you saying you actually think the Bible makes sense? I seem to recall you ripping it before.

Don't be a prick. Just admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

You're the one claiming Adam and Eve wasn't in the Bible, crybaby....not me.

Or if it was in the Bible, it has a completely different meaning than ANYTHING I've EVER heard before.

Please tell us what it "really" meant. Are you saying there actually was sin before she ate that apple?

(This should be good)

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14: 6, NLT)

John 3:16 ESV / 72 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 41 helpful votes
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

But, but, but.....according to Goat, this wasn't in the Bible.......even though there about 1,000 other quotes (not hyperbole at all) saying the same f-ing thing.

I think it's pretty obvious the only Bible he ever read, if at all, was a few quotes out of Cracker Jack and Fortune Cookies.

Goat better write every Christian organization on earth and tell them they're f-ing clueless what their book actually says because this is exactly what I've heard from every Christian I've ever met:

https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/what-was-life-like-in-the-garden-of-eden-before-sin/

Adam and Eve had never sinned. The Garden of Eden was paradise. No diseases. No bad weather. All animals farted rainbows.

Until Eve ate the apple. Then, EVERY human since then had sin, except Jesus, and the world because a feces-hole.

According to the All Powerful and All-Knowing Goat, though, this story isn't in the Bible at all. He thinks it was one of Pink Floyd's early albums when they were all on bad acid.

Goat better write every Christian organization on earth and tell them they're f-ing clueless what their book actually says because this is exactly what I've heard from every Christian I've ever met:

https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/what-was-life-like-in-the-garden-of-eden-before-sin/

Adam and Eve had never sinned. The Garden of Eden was paradise. No diseases. No bad weather. All animals farted rainbows.

Until Eve ate the apple. Then, EVERY human since then had sin, except Jesus, and the world because a feces-hole.

According to the All Powerful and All-Knowing Goat, though, this story isn't in the Bible at all. He thinks it was one of Pink Floyd's early albums when they were all on bad acid.
Where did you come from? I'm not sure what's worse: your rants on here or your rants about forwards on the basketball board.

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." (John 14: 6, NLT)

John 3:16 ESV / 72 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 41 helpful votes
Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

But, but, but.....according to Goat, this wasn't in the Bible.......even though there about 1,000 other quotes (not hyperbole at all) saying the same f-ing thing.

I think it's pretty obvious the only Bible he ever read, if at all, was a few quotes out of Cracker Jack and Fortune Cookies.
Alright, bud. I'm sick of your arrogant posturing, so pay attention, and you might learn a thing or two.

First of all, you're suffering from a severe case of "moving the goalpost." First you said the God of the Bible demanded death for wearing the wrong clothes, and promised eternal (actually 100 trillion years worth) torture for not believing in the proper fairy tale. While there may be people who believe that (at least the second one), neither of those things are in the Bible. So, then you twist my criticism into me claiming Adam and Eve aren't in the Bible, which isn't just a mistake on your part, but a dishonesty.

Then you cherry pick Bible verses that you think support your interpretation (which is ironic, considering the types of people you are attacking). Well, I can play that game. "For as all die in Adam, so all will be made alive in Christ." 1 Cor 15.22. "...We have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe." 1 Tim 4.10. "He (God) has made known to us the mystery of his will...as a plan for the fullness of time, to gather up all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth." Eph 1.9-10. And on and on. You can even take single verses out of context that might otherwise say the opposite. For example, John 3.17: "Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

Now, honest men can disagree on the nature of salvation as it's described in the New Testament, but one thing that is undeniable is that the story you described - in which nonbelievers are threatened with eternal torture - is not found in the scriptures. And, yes, it is hyperbole for you to claim there are a thousand other verses that back up your interpretation. If not hyperbole, than yet another flat-out dishonesty.

Now, back to the overall big picture. The God of the bible is not extraordinary for his time. Actually, to really talk about this, you have to recognize there is more than one God in the bible. The OT God (who is himself an amalgamation of several different gods and/or versions of God) wasn't really concerned with salvation. The interpretation of Adam and Eve as the advent of original sin is a later Christian one. The Jews did not interpret that story in such a way. Original sin is a meaningless concept to the Jews. Yahweh is really no different from other Levantine deities, such as Sumerian/Babylonian Anu and Enlil, or the Canaanite El (in fact, Yahweh and El may even have been the same god, as "El" is used in ancient Hebrew as a synonym for God, and also as the generic term "god"). He is a local, ethnic god, who gradually grew in importance at the expense of all other gods, until he became the universal God, but his primary concern remains the travails and behavior of his chosen people, rather than some grand salvific plan.

The God of the NT is a little different, but he's consistent with classical gods of the era. It was standard belief in the Greco-Roman world that people who died would be punished or rewarded in the afterlife, as appropriate for how they lived. If anything, the God of the early Christians was a marked improvement on one's chances for a peaceful eternity, as he offered something other gods did not - forgiveness. Under the God of the NT, it's possible to deserve punishment, and yet earn paradise, anyway, purely thanks to the mercy and grace of the divine. This was a boon not present in most religious systems of the day.

So, yes, your posts remain full of hyperbole. They are also supremely arrogant, and betray the vitriolic hatred of religion I mentioned early. Perhaps most importantly, your hatred of religion - especially Christianity - is rooted in a colossal failure to gain even the slightest bit of understanding of that which you seek to hate.

EDIT:

"Until Eve ate the apple. Then, EVERY human since then had sin, except Jesus, and the world because a feces-hole."

This demonstrates that you have been exposed to a very limited understanding of Christianity, which is actually a quite diverse religion. It should be noted that more than half of all Christians don't believe that Jesus was the only one post-fall without sin. Mary was also sinless. This may seem like a technical point, but when you miss this in a post in which you talk about "every Christian organization on earth," it highlights that you are actually not very familiar with Christianity as a global phenomenon.

Last edited:
Ummmmmmm, one of your own quotes proved my point, dipwad: "but in order that the world might be saved through him."

THROUGH him. So, you have to follow Jesus to get to Eternal Disneyland.

And talk about "moving the goal posts." First, you were crying your eyes out the Bible "never said that" and now you're whining, "Hey, there are other Bible verses that contradict those Bible verses." No kidding. It's why it's the dumbest fairy tale ever written because, for one thing, it contradicts itself non-stop.

But if ask all Christians, "How do you get into heaven", 99.99999999% will tell you, "Believe that Jesus died for us." So it's beyond hilarious you keep wetting your panties with the Bible "never says that."

As far as Adam and Eve, I ripped God for programming billions of people with sin because 2 people disobeyed him and you also whined THAT "was never in the Bible" so I'm not sure why you're crying I'm laughing at you over the Garden of Eden story.

Nonbelievers aren't threatened with hell? Seriously, just how much lighter fluid have you been drinking?

Revelation 21:8 specifically says the unbelievers will be sent to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. Mark 16:16 says who believes will be saved and those that don't are condemned. I found verse after verse after verse saying if you "rejected God", you're GOING TO HELL.

You truly are THE biggest idiot to EVER breathe for claiming the Bible doesn't claim that.

Period.

Oh, and I know how "diverse" Christianity is because there are well over 300 sects all claiming that THEY have the RIGHT interpretation of the Bible and, my favorite part, it's OBVIOUS.
So, in other words, instead of actually addressing what I typed, all you can do is spout nonsense and personal insults. Not a surprise.

I went out of my way to describe reality in detail and without personal attacks. You aren't capable of reciprocating. That's because you don't know what you're talking about.

Reactions: RBB89
I went point by point of what you said. You're just mad I blew away all your claims.

And stop whining about me "not being civil" because your very first paragraph was rude and condescending.

It's also odd you say, "Lots of Christians say Mary was sinless" when that isn't in the Bible and you've been beating your chest non-stop whining about what I've said with, "THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY IN THE BIBLE!!!"

I went point by point of what you said. You're just mad I blew away all your claims.

And stop whining about me "not being civil" because your very first paragraph was rude and condescending.

It's also odd you say, "Lots of Christians say Mary was sinless" when that isn't in the Bible and you've been beating your chest non-stop whining about what I've said with, "THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY IN THE BIBLE!!!"
You confuse what Christians say with what is in the Bible, and you confuse what a minority of Christians say with what a majority say. You make crap up out of thin air. And then you call me an idiot for pointing out you are wrong.

I'm done talking to you. I made an effort, but you clearly have no ability to even consider someone else might be able to teach you something. Goodbye.

Reactions: Lucy01
You confuse what Christians say with what is in the Bible, and you confuse what a minority of Christians say with what a majority say. You make crap up out of thin air. And then you call me an idiot for pointing out you are wrong.

I'm done talking to you. I made an effort, but you clearly have no ability to even consider someone else might be able to teach you something. Goodbye.
Another one of your dogs has gotten out from under the porch, Goat! He's mainstream liberal in his views and all yours.

This guy is ruining two boards with his paltry attempts at thought. He's been on the free board for a month claiming we have 7 forwards (now 8) on the 18 roster, even though the 8 guys he claims are "forwards" play 3 different positions and 2 of them can play a 4th. No amount of correction can get him off his ignorant pedestal either.

Basically, he's a whack job.

Reactions: UncleMark
I've thought about this a lot lately. Why do some evangelicals find it necessary to blame this group or that group for natural disasters?

I think it goes back to their concept of how God acts upon the world and our lives. Many of these folks believe that God is active. He is always in control and directs nature and all created things to do his bidding. If that is true, then God caused Harvey, Irma, 9/11, and sank the Titanic to boot. Well.... if God is doing these things he has to have a reason for it, right? Having come from this mindset and evolved away from it over the last few years, I can say that, accompanying this view is a picture of a God who is continually saying "Thou shalt not!". Thus, it is easy, and even necessary, to believe that God causes these natural disasters because someone, somewhere, is doing something that pisses him off.

The trouble with this line of reasoning is that the punishment for this terrible behavior often seems to miss the target, doesn't it? Did God kill 1500 mostly poor black people in New Orleans with Katrina because they were all gay? Will those gay sinners change their ways because God took out an easier target?

I think that this passage from Luke 13 addresses this kind of thinking nicely:

13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

This mindset comes from a smug confidence that others are more deserving of punishment than oneself and demonstrates that the one making such statements does not understand the Gospel that they claim to preach.
Doug, there were times in Scripture where God for instance stops the rain from falling. Then he makes it rain again when Israel repented. But that doesn't mean every drought on the planet is done by God for this purpose. God has set up systems to work in our world. We have the food chain, seasons, and lunar impact upon our oceans. What we can say is that natural disasters remind us that this is not a safe place. Perhaps this could cause people to call upon the Lord to find their safety in Him.

You're beyond clueless.

99.99999999999999999% believe the Adam and Eve story and you say it's "not in the Bible".

Even more than that believe the ONLY way into heaven is believing in Jesus and you claimed that wasn't in the Bible either.

(rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleyes)

And when I proved you were a liar, you started wetting yourself with quotes that contradicted the Jesus claim.....which has ZERO to do with your stance that what I said "wasn't in the Bible at all" and moved the goal posts to the opposite side of the galaxy.
You're just plain wrong, and if you wanted to learn something, I could teach you, but you don't. Unless you want to engage honestly, go away. Any more posts like this one will be deleted.

Translation:

"Prove me wrong again and I'll get rid of the evidence."

Are you really claiming you didn't say, "That's not in the Bible" and when I proved you wrong, you changed your story to, "Well, there are quotes that contradict it"?

Really?

LOL!!
I will give you one more chance.

You said the following two things are in the Bible:

1. If you wear the wrong clothes, you should be put to death.
2. If you don't believe, you will be tortured for 100 trillion years (which I took to mean eternity).

Those two things are not in the Bible. Some Christians believe the second one, based on interpreting a large collection of verses about salvation and a small handful about the afterlife, but at no point does the Bible actually claim that's what happens.

I was correct to point out that you were wrong. If you can offer citation to verses that claim these two things, please do. But any more posts in the vein of "You're an idiot, 99.999999999999999% of Christians say blah blah blah" will be deleted. Period.

Reactions: Lucy01
I will give you one more chance.

You said the following two things are in the Bible:

1. If you wear the wrong clothes, you should be put to death.
2. If you don't believe, you will be tortured for 100 trillion years (which I took to mean eternity).

Those two things are not in the Bible. Some Christians believe the second one, based on interpreting a large collection of verses about salvation and a small handful about the afterlife, but at no point does the Bible actually claim that's what happens.

I was correct to point out that you were wrong. If you can offer citation to verses that claim these two things, please do. But any more posts in the vein of "You're an idiot, 99.999999999999999% of Christians say blah blah blah" will be deleted. Period.
This will end up with Laughman claiming that you waved your white flag high and proud. When he disappeared years ago, I assumed he had gotten successful treatment for his mental problems - or had totally lost it, probably couldn't hold a job, and moved to the streets. Now he's back in all his glory, doing what he does. Enjoy.

This will end up with Laughman claiming that you waved your white flag high and proud.

He did.

I refuted him point by point by point by point with actual quotes from the Bible and he moved the goal posts and declared victory....then started zapping every post where I busted him for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT