ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Romeo where for art thou?

I have said this would happen for the last couple of months. I believe I was called "dumb" He has done nothing to prove he is able to get playing time for the Celtics. Needs to work on a three point shot that was the worst statistical performance by anyone in IU history.

Reactions: stollcpa and Lucy01
I have said this would happen for the last couple of months. I believe I was called "dumb" He has done nothing to prove he is able to get playing time for the Celtics. Needs to work on a three point shot that was the worst statistical performance by anyone in IU history.
His thumb injury affected his shot and the Celtics are working on fixing flaws that developed from Romeo trying to compensate for the thumb problem.

Thought you were at v 11.0

His thumb injury affected his shot and the Celtics are working on fixing flaws that developed from Romeo trying to compensate for the thumb problem.
Not to mention. They didn't draft him to be a shooter. Probably because they saw the glaring at the rim percentage. He missed a lot of the preseason ....

You are dumb ignorant about basketball and a complete tool. Get some self awareness.

Romeo is coming off an injury and this is likely as much a rehab-type assignment as it is a chance work his way back and play get a chance to play some significant minutes. Since he didn't play any summer league and a total of about 20 minutes in 2 preseason games, he obviously needs to get started and just play.

He missed the beginning part of the season with a knee issue. All the Romeo haters should have been all over that and dancing in the streets.

Better he work his way into shape and prepare for the season in the G League than sitting on the bench. I'm glad you aren't an NBA GM. Ever hear of MLB players getting minor league assignments to complete their rehab?

Yes you are dumb. Thumb has been fixed. Knee issues kept him inactive to start the season. He has "done nothing to prove he is able to get playing time for the Celtics" because he has been unable to play.

You make dumb comments about one of our former players and take pleasure in twisting the facts and misfortune of a player to justify your dumb assessment.

I had ignored at least one version of your handle. I need to find a way to use wildcards to ignore Cavanaugh .xx to cover all versions. I'll do it manually for now.

Last edited:
It's still to early to kick dirt on him.
But he's just not physically strong. ..Nor does he act meantally tuff either..And there so many guy's with his same skill set..

Hell I'm personal friends with Tyler Zeller and he's not even in the Association. And he was the ACC player of the year !
It's next guy up in the NBA and every player has uber confidence..
Romeo looks like he has a long road ahead of him..imo

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
Romeo is coming off an injury and this is likely as much a rehab-type assignment as it is a chance work his way back and play get a chance to play some significant minutes. Since he didn't play any summer league and a total of about 20 minutes in 2 preseason games, he obviously needs to get started and just play.

Agree...missed all of the summer rehabbing his thumb surgery (which the Celtics knew before drafting him) and then was hobbled in the preseason by another lower leg injury. Minutes just aren't there for him right now. He's better off getting minutes in some capacity, even if it is the G-League, rather than sitting at the end of the bench for the big league team.

Get some minutes and reps in the G-League to get him back to 100% and in game shape. He'll be back up before too long.

Agree...missed all of the summer rehabbing his thumb surgery (which the Celtics knew before drafting him) and then was hobbled in the preseason by another lower leg injury. Minutes just aren't there for him right now. He's better off getting minutes in some capacity, even if it is the G-League, rather than sitting at the end of the bench for the big league team.

Get some minutes and reps in the G-League to get him back to 100% and in game shape. He'll be back up before too long.

Worked for T. Bryant. Different circumstances but G-League is hardly synonymous with failure.

Reactions: 82hoosier

Speaking of G league. I posted the G league rivals board link for you below. I’m sure Porkchop and the boys would love to read about your oil discoveries in the arctic circle or about your boxing victory in Manila.

https://purdue.rivals.com/

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Not b-ball, but some of the best tennis players ever have dropped down to lower level tournaments after an injury. It’s a common thing for players in different sports to lower competition to help rehab.

God, some people must need to be watered a couple of times each day in order to survive.

I rooted for George McGinnis even though he played just one year. I rooted for Isiah even though he moved on to The Show after two years. I'm solidly behind Romeo getting healthy and having a good career.

Come back and revisit Romeo's career in five years. Until then, craw back into your hole.

You are dumb ignorant about basketball and a complete tool. Get some self awareness.
He played one game, I think that qualifies as a handful.
Cavanagh.6 said:
Our team is better by losing Romeo. He was a cancer to the team. Doubt he plays more then a handful of games before he goes to the Gleague.

T.M.P. said: lol ........ you are completely FOS.

Reactions: Lucy01
He missed the beginning part of the season with a knee issue. All the Romeo haters should have been all over that and dancing in the streets.

Better he work his way into shape and prepare for the season in the G League than sitting on the bench. I'm glad you aren't an NBA GM. Ever hear of MLB players getting minor league assignments to complete their rehab?
Whatever makes you feel better about Romeo. Great kid with a low motor who will never make it in the NBA.

This is the best among several correct answers above. Compare to rehabbing a pitcher in the minors.

Reactions: ufo33
This is the best among several correct answers above. Compare to rehabbing a pitcher in the minors.
Romeo is an elite rim finisher and scorer when healthy. There are not many in the NBA with these exact attributes. Many are mistaking calm demeanor with low motor. Not true. Romeo is not a pure shooter, but when his thumb is healthy he can knock down perimeter shots in a streaky fashion. IU fans never saw a healthy Romeo, only a shell of his full potential. When healthy Romeo is a top 6 to top 10 talent in this years NBA Draft. Both Romeo and Carsen Edwards have the opportunity to be very good players for the Celtics. Edwards fits the current NBA trend as a no conscience, instant microwave, 3pt shooter. Carsen Edwards when he gets confident, may be in the elite shooter class in the league. But at under 6 foot tall he will get posted up and abused on defense. Romeo has the physical gifts to be an elite defender and also an elite scorer, without being a pure shooter. Romeo's calm demeanor should allow him to make big plays under pressure instead of being too emotional and choking. Carsen is uber confident, Edwards can score the moment you put him on the floor, and wind him up, he shoots from anywhere at any time. Romeo when healthy is the opposite, he is the quiet assassin with the ability to finish against almost anyone, at any angle, at any time. Carsen has elite shooting but not the physical gifts that Romeo possesses.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthernIN38
Romeo when healthy is the opposite, he is the quiet assassin with the ability to finish against almost anyone, at any angle, at any time.
I pull for Romeo but can’t agree on above quote at all. He couldn’t finish going to his left let alone any angle. I hope he can come back healthy and perform to his full potential. I hate for injuries to dictate one’s career.

Best of luck to him in Maine and on his impending return to the Celtics roster.

I pull for Romeo but can’t agree on above quote at all. He couldn’t finish going to his left let alone any angle. I hope he can come back healthy and perform to his full potential. I hate for injuries to dictate one’s career.

The troll threw out some red meat, and everyone is chewing on it. I might as well join in....

You left the "quiet assassin", "elite defender" and can "finish against almost anyone" comments alone....that was generous of you.

So far, in 21M of PS games: 1-4 on 2s, 0-1 on 3s; no FTs, 1 assist, 1 TO, 2 PFs....but he does have 5 rebounds.

I remain skeptical, mostly about Romeo's ticker. For one thing, I don't think he's tough enough, physically or mentally, to be an elite defender in the NBA. Here are several quotes from a story by Quenton Alberte, who apparently covers the Celtics in some capacity:

"While it seems to make him look as if he's playing without an ideal amount of energy and effort, he's just as certain and decisive about how he's (going to) get a move off that there's little wasted energy from him"

"He seems to play more with instinct than an acute understanding of the game, as well as of situational basketball"

"He needs to improve his physicality and commitment to stopping his man...."

Hmmm.......

It just seems to me his ceiling is as a complimentary wing player. He's a good guy, not one doubts that. We'll have to see what happens.

The troll threw out some red meat, and everyone is chewing on it. I might as well join in....

You left the "quiet assassin", "elite defender" and can "finish against almost anyone" comments alone....that was generous of you.

So far, in 21M of PS games: 1-4 on 2s, 0-1 on 3s; no FTs, 1 assist, 1 TO, 2 PFs....but he does have 5 rebounds.

I remain skeptical, mostly about Romeo's ticker. For one thing, I don't think he's tough enough, physically or mentally, to be an elite defender in the NBA. Here are several quotes from a story by Quenton Alberte, who apparently covers the Celtics in some capacity:

"While it seems to make him look as if he's playing without an ideal amount of energy and effort, he's just as certain and decisive about how he's (going to) get a move off that there's little wasted energy from him"

"He seems to play more with instinct than an acute understanding of the game, as well as of situational basketball"

"He needs to improve his physicality and commitment to stopping his man...."

Hmmm.......

It just seems to me his ceiling is as a complimentary wing player. He's a good guy, not one doubts that. We'll have to see what happens.
He’s no Eric Gordon. And EJ thrives as a ‘complimentary wing player’.

I don’t know how he will do. I just don’t see him reaching EJ’s level. I could be wrong.

Reactions: Cavanagh.10
Romeo should be basking in preseason accolades and warming up for a top 25 IU team tonight.

You can toast to championships for the rest of your life. No one cares if you play for the Maine redclaws with a mil in your pocket. Maybe Jay Edwards can be his shooting coach.

Romeo should be basking in preseason accolades and warming up for a top 25 IU team tonight.

You can toast to championships for the rest of your life. No one cares if you play for the Maine redclaws with a mil in your pocket. Maybe Jay Edwards can be his shooting coach.
*nobody but Romeo cares

He played one game, I think that qualifies as a handful.
Cavanagh.6 said:
Our team is better by losing Romeo. He was a cancer to the team. Doubt he plays more then a handful of games before he goes to the Gleague.

T.M.P. said: lol ........ you are completely FOS.

Not cancer but there were definitely times we played better without him, many many ppl noticed and stated it last year.
Def one of the biggest disappointments.
I blame the Iu fanbase tho not Romeo for over hyping him.
Is actually quite unfortunate for him until you remember hes cashing in BIG now.

Reactions: Cavanagh.11

I’m sure Romeo is fine
giphy.gif

Reactions: TR32

We all said this would happen for months. At least he has a nice contract and a chance to move up NEXT SEASON.. no worries he had ZERO CHANCE of getting 2-3 min in garbage time for Celts.

Romeo is young and talented. He will be given MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES to play for Celtics next 2-3 seasons.

He couldn’t finish going to his left let alone any angle.
lmao ....

his touch and finish rate at the rim with either hand is/was exceptional. His dribbling to the left is what needed work.

You're dumb ... please quit typing.

We all said this would happen for months. At least he has a nice contract and a chance to move up NEXT SEASON.. no worries he had ZERO CHANCE of getting 2-3 min in garbage time for Celts.

Romeo is young and talented. He will be given MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES to play for Celtics next 2-3 seasons.
Who’s “we?”

Reactions: MrBing
What is going on with him? I thought he was recalled to Boston? Never played a minute then he played last night for the red claws and got hurt? When did he get sent back down? I would wager he does not get to 100 points for the Celtics. Does not fit the team at all. You know try super hard, have emotion and be scrappy as hell like Marcus, Kemba and Tatum. Celtics are my favorite NBA team and there is not way he can get on the court. Was one of the dumbest picks Ainge has made. Doesn't make mistakes often but Romeo as the 14th pick was dumb as hell.

What is going on with him? I thought he was recalled to Boston? Never played a minute then he played last night for the red claws and got hurt? When did he get sent back down? I would wager he does not get to 100 points for the Celtics. Does not fit the team at all. You know try super hard, have emotion and be scrappy as hell like Marcus, Kemba and Tatum. Celtics are my favorite NBA team and there is not way he can get on the court. Was one of the dumbest picks Ainge has made. Doesn't make mistakes often but Romeo as the 14th pick was dumb as hell.
Celtics got 97 of their 105 pts from six players - sure seems like a healthy Romeo could really help!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT