ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Toby Keith

Damn, that’s awful news. I didn’t like a lot of his stuff but he was ubiquitous in country music for many years.
Not my favorite artist, but he wrote some catchy tunes and really had a pulse on working class country folks. In the Songwriters Hall of Fame, so others must have thought he was pretty good.

Last edited:
What a terrible way to go too. RIP Toby. Hopefully they got some good whiskey and buds ready for you wherever you land.
My friend's wife died of stomach cancer. Wasn't pretty.

I remember singing this with my friends in college way too many times.

Reactions: DANC
You hate to hear this. It really is too bad when someone who made so many people happy passes away with when they should have so much life ahead of them.

That said, I had no idea he was sick. I also had no idea he was in his 60s. If you would have asked me yesterday, I would have guessed early 50s.

You hate to hear this. It really is too bad when someone who made so many people happy passes away with when they should have so much life ahead of them.

That said, I had no idea he was sick. I also had no idea he was in his 60s. If you would have asked me yesterday, I would have guessed early 50s.
I saw a photo of him taken somewhat recently in the news story. Very gaunt with a lot of weight loss. Diagnosed in '22. I would have guessed early 50s too.

I also had no idea he was in his 60s. If you would have asked me yesterday, I would have guessed early 50s.
I would have guessed like you ... in early 50s. However, I am horrible at guessing ages.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT