ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bob Knight

How about “Branch McCracken Floor” and “Bob Knight Memorial Basketball Arena”
in “Simon Skodjt Assembly Hall.”

Naw, that's lame. We've already got the Ken Nunn plaza. How many ways can you divide the place up? (I never was a fan of naming floors after people to begin with, or even naming rights for the deep pocket types, but that's a different issue.)

The Simons need to bless renaming Assembly Hall. That would reflect better on them than the original renovations and renaming.

He would rather have the library named after him. Or something to do with history.

Didn't he teach History classes as well as bball classes?

Reactions: 76-1
I was trying to explain to the girlfriend the 'Knight energy' that galvanized the state, but particularly the southern part of the state (I grew up in Bedford).

He wasn't just a brilliant basketball coach but he was a national figure in an area that doesn't really have national figures. That was the entertainment side of him and honestly it's crazy how a guy could be sooooo arrogant and then back it up.

Then he turned and rubbed it in the face of the rest of the country by saying, I don't have to cheat to beat your ass because I'm just better than you.

That might still play in New York or LA....but to have a personality that brash from the southern hills of Indiana....every game was electric.

I tended to look over that while it was going on and immediately after but....in retrospect, the cult of personality and the identity that he gave an area that didn't really have one is to me the real magic of what he gave us.

We'll have winning seasons in the future but I can't imagine ever getting that energy back....and that was all him. The winning, the drama and the humor.

I was trying to explain to the girlfriend the 'Knight energy' that galvanized the state, but particularly the southern part of the state (I grew up in Bedford).

He wasn't just a brilliant basketball coach but he was a national figure in an area that doesn't really have national figures. That was the entertainment side of him and honestly it's crazy how a guy could be sooooo arrogant and then back it up.

Then he turned and rubbed it in the face of the rest of the country by saying, I don't have to cheat to beat your ass because I'm just better than you.

That might still play in New York or LA....but to have a personality that brash from the southern hills of Indiana....every game was electric.

I tended to look over that while it was going on and immediately after but....in retrospect, the cult of personality and the identity that he gave an area that didn't really have one is to me the real magic of what he gave us.

We'll have winning seasons in the future but I can't imagine ever getting that energy back....and that was all him. The winning, the drama and the humor.

Coach Prime is very much in the same mold. We'll see how it plays out for him, but their two approaches are much the same while being completely stylistically different.

He was like Madonna too. You only needed his first name. Everyone knew Bobby. I sent a text when I heard the other night to about 20 people with one word. Bobby and tears emoji. No one said Bobby who?

Because I felt like it.
Power is it’s precious ….

plp1ETz.jpg

Probably the bloom and uncle Mark thread. I went on a vodka fueled rager. Not really sure all I said but I'm sure I had fun. Some people take jokes personally. My inner bill burr came out.

Last edited:
When is the funeral? I’m flying the flag at half staff until after that, but I’ve not been able to find the date and time. Anyone know?

Saw this over the weekend, but was out and about and didn't get a chance to respond.

Thanks for posting this. There is no doubt that Knight was there for my brother over the years - and everyone who knew Andy has been eternally grateful for that - still, it wild to see Andy mentioned in an article sort of eulogizing Knight. Coach Knight did a lot for a lot of people...crazy to think helping Andy in all the ways he did stood out in the crowd for some.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT