ADVERTISEMENT

RIght now on B1G channel.... 1981 NCAA National Championship Game.....

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
with IU vs North Carolina.

Isiah Thomas, Ray Tolbert, Jimmy Thomas, Randy Wittman, Landon Turner.

This game is how Basketball is supposed to be played!!!!!!!!!

No Shot Clock, No 3 Point Line, (well the line is there at the Spectrum but not used until 1987), No Travel, No Carry the Ball, No backing in.

This game is being played with patience and the players aren't hurried to put up a shot because of the shot clock.

This game is being played with finesse... and BRAINS!!!!!!!!!

IU had Athletes on this team.... that used their brains.

I miss the old days!!!!!!

spent a couple hrs with the B1G network on TV. First that Cuse game (the good Cuse game...not the 2013 Cuse game).... then the Big Trip episode. Trip down memory lane...yep the good ole days were....very good.

Lot of respect for Delray....he's still a really cool, nice guy. And RIP Daryl Thomas. His style of ballplayer is something that seems lost forever in today's style of basketball. And it's a sad thing, as he was one of the hardest working kids IU ever had.

Doesn't it seem eerie the # of relatively young former players who have died? Darryl Thomas, Neil Reed, Eric Anderson, Jason Collier, James Hardy and William Gladness? Not surprised some of the older guys are passing now, but that seems like a lot for guys that I remember playing and were all around 50 or younger when they passed.

IU needs that Randy Wittman type. I believe Malik fits Landon Turner type of player but needs to pull in more rebounds.That was fun to watch again. Hated that 4 corner bs.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
IU needs that Randy Wittman type. I believe Malik fits Landon Turner type of player but needs to pull in more rebounds.That was fun to watch again. Hated that 4 corner bs.
The 4 corner bs and other semi-stall offenses (motion anyone) gave NCAA the shot clock, after the NBA had one for decades.

Last edited:
Doesn't it seem eerie the # of relatively young former players who have died? Darryl Thomas, Neil Reed, Eric Anderson, Jason Collier, James Hardy and William Gladness? Not surprised some of the older guys are passing now, but that seems like a lot for guys that I remember playing and were all around 50 or younger when they passed.
Mike LaFave was a freshman on the "81 team and he passed away from a heart attack at age 46.

• Sad
Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT