ADVERTISEMENT

Remember the Alamo (Camp Randall)

I know it's a different staff and different players, but I hope to "F' that this Indiana team remembers Bielema throwing the ball up by 50 in what finished as a 83 to 20 loss.

Can't stand that d-bag.
None of the current players were alive then. And even if they were alive this is a different era. Bad games and bad seasons now get flushed.

None of the current players were alive then. And even if they were alive this is a different era. Bad games and bad seasons now get flushed.
It was just 12 years ago, so I hope they were alive then. My comment was more about Bielema being back in the B1G, with Indiana's first crack at him since.

Dude was/is a bigtime d-bag and deserves some bad ju-ju to come his way.

Recent IU Illinois games have been competitive, as I recall.

Indiana has a 3-game winning streak v. the Illini.

We need to extend this streak to:
Wash out the bad taste of last year’s opener
Kick start the 2022 season
Create confidence through accomplishment
Prove the critics wrong
Punish the Illini for Indiana son Jeff George

… Your favorite excuse here

To keep the streak alive … by itself is a good enough reason.

I was ticked off at that 83 point game, too. But as I reflected on it, my anger switched from UW to IU. Where was the pride in the Hoosiers that day? You don't want to give up 80+ points? Take a stand!

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I was ticked off at that 83 point game, too. But as I reflected on it, my anger switched from UW to IU. Where was the pride in the Hoosiers that day? You don't want to give up 80+ points? Take a stand!
That game means nothing to this 2022 or to me. Like ESalum86, I always saw it as my team's responsibility to stop it from happening. Be good enough so teams can't do that to you. I had it happen a few times in my coaching career but turned it around in several situations to make sure the teams couldn't do it next time. The last time it happened was against a coach known to want to imprint on teams and when I stopped him from doing it the first, he decided to do it in the play-offs. From that game on they struggled to win games against us despite having better talent.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
I was there. Way too many of our guys quit. Not sure people keep blaming BB for that or believe that his response is laying down was to stop playing hard. I wouldn’t have had anyone throwing the ball, but it was up to us to compete, and we didn’t.

That game means nothing to this 2022 or to me. Like ESalum86, I always saw it as my team's responsibility to stop it from happening. Be good enough so teams can't do that to you. I had it happen a few times in my coaching career but turned it around in several situations to make sure the teams couldn't do it next time. The last time it happened was against a coach known to want to imprint on teams and when I stopped him from doing it the first, he decided to do it in the play-offs. From that game on they struggled to win games against us despite having better talent.
I agree with you (that's it's our responsibility to stop them) but around the 70+ and up by more than 50 mark it just becomes poor sportsmanship if you're still throwing deep...

Their coach is an Ass and hopefully we'll be in the position to humiliate him in some similar way in the near future (while calling off the dogs at the up by 50 mark) preferably tomorrow night..

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I know it's a different staff and different players, but I hope to "F' that this Indiana team remembers Bielema throwing the ball up by 50 in what finished as a 83 to 20 loss.

Can't stand that d-bag.
Bigger question is, why would you even watch a blowout to even know this? Nah, just kidding. I'll tell you something even worse that wasn't on live tv. Remember Iowa and Hayden Fry calling a timeout in the last minute of a score somewhere in the range of 45-7 to pass on 4th down in the red zone to score? Can still remember Don Fisher on radio in disbelief this happened.

Reactions: ESalum86
It was just 12 years ago, so I hope they were alive then. My comment was more about Bielema being back in the B1G, with Indiana's first crack at him since.

Dude was/is a bigtime d-bag and deserves some bad ju-ju to come his way.
Arkansas gave him plenty of bad juju

Reactions: wi_hoosier
Bigger question is, why would you even watch a blowout to even know this? Nah, just kidding. I'll tell you something even worse that wasn't on live tv. Remember Iowa and Hayden Fry calling a timeout in the last minute of a score somewhere in the range of 45-7 to pass on 4th down in the red zone to score? Can still remember Don Fisher on radio in disbelief this happened.
Well... I was at the game and my then 9 year kid wanted to see the "whole" game. LOL. What others said is true, IU quit on the game and deserved some of it, but BB continuing to throw downfield was delta bravo for sure. Besides just that, I unfortunately live in Madtown and just plan don't like the dude. Neither does anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT