ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Henry Lee Summers?

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
We were talking about him last night. We caught a few of his shows when my wife was at the IU School of Medicine. "I wish I had a Girl" got popular after we moved to Kensucky. We couldn't believe he was on the radio. I remember that he had some drug issues, but I was curious if he plays anymore?

We were talking about him last night. We caught a few of his shows when my wife was at the IU School of Medicine. "I wish I had a Girl" got popular after we moved to Kensucky. We couldn't believe he was on the radio. I remember that he had some drug issues, but I was curious if he plays anymore?
Henry had some meth issues but heard he has bounced back. I loved the guys voice and was a great performer.

Henry had some meth issues but heard he has bounced back. I loved the guys voice and was a great performer.

It's been 7 or 8 years, but he played a place my family had a substantial interest in. I guess the music was ok, but I would've bet my life savings on "meth addiction" if you could bet on such things.

It's been 7 or 8 years, but he played a place my family had a substantial interest in. I guess the music was ok, but I would've bet my life savings on "meth addiction" if you could bet on such things.
Henry looked that way before meth :) Sure hope he has it beat. I see it every day....horrible addiction.

Reactions: burbo
I still see him a lot. His aunt lives just down the road from me. He's back on tour but just Midwest stuff (mostly Indiana) and is finding his way out of his addictions. Talented guy. Still puts on a pretty good show but years of drugs and alcohol have taken their toll for sure.

He was playing once a week for an entire summer at BW3s in Castleton about 5years ago. Just happened to be there one night when he played. He looked like death. But could still really rock, while his vocals were rough, his guitar skills were really strong.

They had a contingent of fans, maybe 20, that showed up, you could imagine the type.

He was playing once a week for an entire summer at BW3s in Castleton about 5years ago. Just happened to be there one night when he played. He looked like death. But could still really rock, while his vocals were rough, his guitar skills were really strong.

They had a contingent of fans, maybe 20, that showed up, you could imagine the type.

Saw him about 10 years ago play acoustic at one of those gin and tonic strip mall bars on 96th Street. He looked like a cancer patient (he had a bandanna on).

Saw him a couple years ago walking Broad Ripple and he looked a lot healthier.

I would go watch him if I knew he was going to nearby. I hope he can stay off the drugs and keep performing.

I would go watch him if I knew he was going to nearby. I hope he can stay off the drugs and keep performing.
Talked to his aunt last night. Here's a list of upcoming shows from his webpage

http://www.henryleesummer.com/index.html

THE STATE THEATER - LOGANSPORT INDIANA - THURSDAY DEC. 31ST
THE DOGHOUSE SPORTS BAR - BROWNSBURG INDIANA - SATURDAY JAN. 2ND
THE GATHERING BISTRO AND PUB - INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA - SATURDAY JAN. 23RD
PIERE'S ENTERTAINMENT CENTER - FORT WAYNE INDIANA - FRIDAY FEB. 12TH
THE GATHERING BISTRO AND PUB - INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA - SATURDAY FEB. 20TH
THE VOGUE - INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA - SATURDAY MAR. 12TH (NOT CONFIRMED YET)
THE GATHERING BISTRO AND PUB - INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA - SATURDAY MAR. 19TH
WHISKEY BUSINESS SPORTS BAR - INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA - FRIDAY MAR. 25TH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT