ADVERTISEMENT

Reese Taylor in the portal

Actually, Purdue gave Indiana 2 opportunities to play, and, the issue was on that side...incredibly. Even in Indinia's greatest season in modern times, they STILL did not beat Purdue.

Epic reality check this year...just as so many other than those that are delusional here had anticipated and predicted...ending the season in fitting form with Indinia winless (again) in conference play, winless against P5 opponents...and, literally gagging the Bucket back up to its rightful owners.
Not even remotely accurate. You dodged another I on the chain.

Clearly the '22 class has left a mark. Say hi to ordy for us, assuming he hasn't offed himself over this.

Actually, Purdue gave Indiana 2 opportunities to play, and, the issue was on that side...incredibly. Even in Indinia's greatest season in modern times, they STILL did not beat Purdue.

Epic reality check this year...just as so many other than those that are delusional here had anticipated and predicted...ending the season in fitting form with Indinia winless (again) in conference play, winless against P5 opponents...and, literally gagging the Bucket back up to its rightful owners.

Auburn 63
Purdue 14

Unfortunately, I think you are on the right path with collegiality and sports not meaning as much . In the new world of NIL and portals, it’s mostly about “me”, sadly.

I don't have a problem with the new norm in college athletics.

Coaches get paid ungodly amounts of money now a days. Athletes should be able to look out for themselves because in the end, they are the ones being used to benefit the coaches and universities for financial gain.

We fans are by nature selfish because we root for our team. When things are going well, 8-5 and 6-2 we don't complain. 2-10, the wheels are falling off. It's a fans nature.

That means a lot of things but if there are 3 receivers on the field, he is covering the #3 receiver if that tells you anything.

Jaylin Williams was 2nd team All-B1G. So no, I'm not saying that, the coaches and media are. But regardless, I don't think Taylor was that far off of Jaylin and I think we can all agree that Taylor is more versatile so its a hit. But we have really good depth at that position, so its not devastating by any means.
I wasn't disagreeing with you overall just making sure I understood what you meant. My mind might be stuck in the past but to me a 'nickle back' is not the same as having a third corner out there. I think of a nickle back as a corner-safety hybrid but I suppose it depends on your scheme. Point being I don't ever recall seeing Reese do anything but play corner.

I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Williams out there as the second corner but obviously loosing that depth and experience is not ideal. I would add that our base look is Nickle (4 DBs plus the Husky) so being the number 3 corner isn't / wouldn't have been that big of a deal because he is - or would have still been - part of the best 11. So I was just trying to clarify, not trying to doubt you or anything. Thanks.

As to Purdue faking covid to avoid playing Indiana, that's probably taking it a bit too far but I doubt they went out of there way to make the game happen. I think a lot of teams last year just basically said meh, we don't care about this year. Teams like Indiana that kept playing and taking the season seriously benefited from teams like Michigan State who clearly had no craps given. Not really a commentary on who was right or wrong, just my assessment of what happened.

They are also bragging about their 7th ranked portal class. IU is #3 by the way. 🤣 the sad part is this just means we needed those players and it’s nothing to brag about.

Is that the portal class that contains 2 or 3 guys who had trouble getting and/or staying on the field for IU?

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
As to Purdue faking covid to avoid playing Indiana, that's probably taking it a bit too far but I doubt they went out of there way to make the game happen. I think a lot of teams last year just basically said meh, we don't care about this year. Teams like Indiana that kept playing and taking the season seriously benefited from teams like Michigan State who clearly had no craps given. Not really a commentary on who was right or wrong, just my assessment of what happened.
My understanding is that the home team announced they would not be hosting a game.

Both teams had covid issues going on. IU could not have played the game had Purdue been able and vice versa.

They didn’t beat them because they didn’t play them Einstein.

Didn’t want him to leave, liked his effort for IU, and ultimately wish him well.
Have nonpronlem Hopi g IU crushed PU at IU next season and we burn RT for 4 long bombs and he has a terrible final regular season game vs the Hoosiers.

And rumor has it, he’s headed to pu
Here's hoping they have him running back Kickoffs for them... That one he caught in the end-zone, had no visible blocking set up in front of him and went ahead and brought out anyway (all the way to about the 5 😖), still sticks in my craw... Made me wonder if a gambler hadn't gotten to him... Not saying that was the case but that was one of the absolute worst decisions I saw made in college football last season...

I thank him for his efforts here (although, come to think of it, most of his big plays were made from the trailing position, on underthrown balls [seriously] ), and wish him the absolute worst of all things concerning football while at p u...

Here's hoping they have him running back Kickoffs for them... That one he caught in the end-zone, had no visible blocking set up in front of him and went ahead and brought out anyway (all the way to about the 5 😖), still sticks in my craw... Made me wonder if a gambler hadn't gotten to him... Not saying that was the case but that was one of the absolute worst decisions I saw made in college football last season...

I thank him for his efforts here (although, come to think of it, most of his big plays were made from the trailing position, on underthrown balls [seriously] ), and wish him the absolute worst of all things concerning football while at p u...
You're right but from what I've seen he's one of our better tacklers which is the most important quality a FS can possess (in my opinion)...

Having shown that he can play the position at a high level would seem to only enhance his NFL value...

Here's one view of how an NFL scout should evaluate a FS prospects:

All that said, you're right that's he's undersized but it's the size of the fight in the dog and if Taylor were a dog he'd be a Pit-bull...
Things change

I don't think they were good until O'Connell played.
Agree about O’Connell.

I don’t think Purdue was all that good per se, but they definitely hit their potential. MSU was overrated (we should have won that game) and Iowa was severely overrated (we certainly know that it’s hard to make a living off of takeaways).

At the end of the day, they won their close games (Or St, Illini, Neb) in a way reminiscent of 2019 IU. And that’s the difference between being home for the holidays and going bowling.

Agree about O’Connell.

I don’t think Purdue was all that good per se, but they definitely hit their potential. MSU was overrated (we should have won that game) and Iowa was severely overrated (we certainly know that it’s hard to make a living off of takeaways).

At the end of the day, they won their close games (Or St, Illini, Neb) in a way reminiscent of 2019 IU. And that’s the difference between being home for the holidays and going bowling.
Tbh, I had iu winning 7 and Purdue winning 6 this year. I really missed. If iu can figure out the OC spot, Purdue and iu could be good at the same time. Both seem to be on upward trends. Both just brought in solid classes.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Tbh, I had iu winning 7 and Purdue winning 6 this year. I really missed. If iu can figure out the OC spot, Purdue and iu could be good at the same time. Both seem to be on upward trends. Both just brought in solid classes.
This is exactly what we need. A competitive game. Field Goal with seconds left type games. Consistent 6-10 win teams.

• Love
Reactions: TMFT and BoilerN
It’s a big loss. I suspect he wants to be a primary corner, to help his NFL chances. And he must think PU gives him a better chance to do that.

He won’t get more “exposure”…IU being in the B10 East would give him more of that probably.

Their team will probably be a little better. But it’s not like they’ll contend for any sort of championships or anything. So I doubt that’s it.

It can’t be that he doesn’t like LEO. It’s magical and everyone just loves it so much. A bit of sarcasm there… Though I do doubt it’s that he doesn’t like his team or the environment at IU.

This one’s probably easy. Best school that’s close to home that gives him most time at a primary corner spot.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT