ADVERTISEMENT

Red Cross Covid Testing

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
So I know some and maybe most on here don’t like my stories but here goes another in spite of that. Amish business client had Covid in late July 2020. He has type AB negative and gives blood every 56 days. From 2020 through around August 2021 they told him every time he gave blood that he still had antibodies. When he gave in September or October 2021 they told him they weren’t testing for antibodies any more.

Why? My anti government side says Fauci and those in charge don’t want Americans to know they still have the antibodies and just get the damn vaccine. I am sure I am overreacting. 😂

Reactions: Lucy01
So I know some and maybe most on here don’t like my stories but here goes another in spite of that. Amish business client had Covid in late July 2020. He has type AB negative and gives blood every 56 days. From 2020 through around August 2021 they told him every time he gave blood that he still had antibodies. When he gave in September or October 2021 they told him they weren’t testing for antibodies any more.

Why? My anti government side says Fauci and those in charge don’t want Americans to know they still have the antibodies and just get the damn vaccine. I am sure I am overreacting. 😂

Maybe because antibodies aren't showing to be helpful as it relates to variants? If you have antibodies for the initial virus, it doesn't mean you can't get reinfected given the change in structure of the variants of that virus.

Do you ever discuss finances with your clients?

I don't think money is an issue...

printing-money-money.gif

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yep had long financial discussion with this client before talking about personal stuff. I built up a business of 3,000 clients giving sound tax and business advice, great service and being more than a boring CPA sitting behind a desk with no personality.

My young partner is learning when I leave that keeping clients and obtaining new clients is much more than sitting behind a computer.

I’ve lost track of the volunteer and for-profit boards I’ve sit on over the 38 years.

Edit: just 45 minutes ago the gal that cuts my hair asked me questions about her taxes and then asked if I would take care of her work because her CPA never talks to her. Told her I am not taking new clients but I would set her up with my partner.

Last edited:
I looked and never saw a "Red Cross stops antibody test" link.

One potential item is no one really knows what antibodies mean. IU's point person talks about this all the time, we have no idea how many antibodies it takes for a robust response. Here is an article on that:

Maybe because antibodies aren't showing to be helpful as it relates to variants? If you have antibodies for the initial virus, it doesn't mean you can't get reinfected given the change in structure of the variants of that virus.
I think this has been said of omicron, that it's variable enough to not be as affected by previous antibodies and vaccines in terms of contracting the virus. That Delta was much closer, though much more dangerous. This...

(For those with CNN distaste, get over it. There are other outlets which have posted stories on this data.)

...addresses that. However, vaccines, especially, still help with the symptoms of omicron. I'm bypassing the booster shot, as it was reported there is another one that deals with omicron in the works. Not sure I'll even get that one yet. No sense in getting the booster now, knowing it doesn't specifically stop infection from omicron.

There is still strength in mass vaccinations, which is overlooked by all the freedom fighters. Math is math. I don't care what your political dispositions are.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT