ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

fwiu

Benchwarmer
Sep 4, 2001
I am a little disappointed to learn that Jimmy Sullivan , Junior to be QB, from FW Carroll, has not even been contacted by IU.
He has 4 MAC offers already in addition to recruiting trips to Purdue and Pitt.
Probably the best returning starter in NE Indiana, if not the State of Indiana.
It would be one thing for IU not to offer him, but zero contact is very disappointing.
I did confirm this with his Dad today.

I am a little disappointed to learn that Jimmy Sullivan , Junior to be QB, from FW Carroll, has not even been contacted by IU.
He has 4 MAC offers already in addition to recruiting trips to Purdue and Pitt.
Probably the best returning starter in NE Indiana, if not the State of Indiana.
It would be one thing for IU not to offer him, but zero contact is very disappointing.
I did confirm this with his Dad today.
Is he a DT QB that runs and throws, otherwise IU doesn't want him. If not, then he wouldn't have any contact yet.

Does both, but pass first.
I’d guess you would have to build an offensive line first before you would go after a pass first QB!

I’d guess you would have to build an offensive line first before you would go after a pass first QB!
As V said, we’re definitely looking for dual threat guys, so that may be part of the reason that they haven’t made contact. With the portal, bringing in kids who don’t fit our system is an invitation for them to never climb the depth chart, to then become discouraged, and then go elsewhere. Attrition with classes is always an issue, but it’s much bigger now than ever before. I know our coaches (and presumably most staffs elsewhere) have had to change their approach a bit so that we can preserve classes beyond their first year on campus. It’s a new world . . .

No, IU sees a running QB that can pass as a QB that can put pressure on defenses. With our new OL coach the OL will be built up but the drive to have athletic QBs that can run and pass will stay.

Reactions: IU73 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT