ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Indiana

Tom Allen could still have been the coach he could have given $4 million of his salary each year to “recruits”.

It’s not about recruiting any more. It’s all about free agency. College football and basketball, as we knew it, is dead! It doesn’t matter if they have a barbershop in the locker room or cushioned seats with IU logos in their meeting rooms. It’s about how much cash is put in their hands.

I’m concerned that college sports is going to transition to minor league sports. And to be honest, I have zero interest in the minor leagues. Not too mention that the rosters will have to be rebuilt next year and every year after that.
This post is totally off the mark. Again, our losses were not based on talent.

Tom Allen could still have been the coach he could have given $4 million of his salary each year to “recruits”.

It’s not about recruiting any more. It’s all about free agency. College football and basketball, as we knew it, is dead! It doesn’t matter if they have a barbershop in the locker room or cushioned seats with IU logos in their meeting rooms. It’s about how much cash is put in their hands.

I’m concerned that college sports is going to transition to minor league sports. And to be honest, I have zero interest in the minor leagues. Not too mention that the rosters will have to be rebuilt next year and every year after that.
Indubitably!
Really want to do something for them financial put $40k in an IRA so all have something at 59 1/2 they can call a nest egg. Most will need it. Almost none will practice financial management skills with this NIL scam. Another spot where government elbows reach into and shouldn't. 4 cents.

Players have been getting paid for a while now — like they should be because they are very valuable. College football has been a minor league for many decades. Yet stadiums are still packed, people are still watching, and college football is still great stuff.

The melodramatic doom and gloom hasn’t materialized, college football is just fine.
You mean like when Ohio State players were getting free tattoos and were selling their tickets? Tressel lost his job over that.

You mean like when Ohio State players were getting free tattoos and were selling their tickets? Tressel lost his job over that.
This is not actually what happened. They were trading their own apparel for the tattoos. Tressel was fired because there was an FBI investigation done with the tattoo parlor (not OSU) and when he was notified by the FBI that there was a lot of OSU memorabilia at the parlor (thinking it was stolen) an investigation showed what happened. His crime was he didn’t report the infraction to the NCAA and when it finally came to light a year later and the NCAA asked about it, he lied. Thats why OSU fired him.

If this happened now, it would all be legal by the NCAA. Just like Johnny football making $30k a month, selling autographs. It’s funny because while $30k sounds like a lot, Texas A&M made over 40 million off his name and likeness. I’m 100% fine with student athletes making money now and it’s about time!!

This is not actually what happened. They were trading their own apparel for the tattoos. Tressel was fired because there was an FBI investigation done with the tattoo parlor (not OSU) and when he was notified by the FBI that there was a lot of OSU memorabilia at the parlor (thinking it was stolen) an investigation showed what happened. His crime was he didn’t report the infraction to the NCAA and when it finally came to light a year later and the NCAA asked about it, he lied. Thats why OSU fired him.

If this happened now, it would all be legal by the NCAA. Just like Johnny football making $30k a month, selling autographs. It’s funny because while $30k sounds like a lot, Texas A&M made over 40 million off his name and likeness. I’m 100% fine with student athletes making money now and it’s about time!!
If the money was solely based on players actually selling their name, image and likeness, then less people would have an issue with it.

I think it is crazy that the highest paying profession is coaching and sports athletes. The nicest area of any campus is the athletic facilities.

The 30 for 30 show about Johnny football is outstanding. I was out of the country for his lone college season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT