ADVERTISEMENT

Really hope this is not true

You seriously think this person is from China? Have you ever communicated with anyone from China? If you had you’d know this is fake. Their grammar and English is awful. This post is too good to be from a real Chinese speaker. My wife has bought many things for her business directly from China. This is not the way they speak. This is just someone with an agenda.
Actually it depends. I did a ton of business with China in my old job and they were quite fluent, at least via email.

But I'll agree just on the phrasing and syntax that the reddit guy sounds suspicious.

😄

UsernameNotTakenX
2y ago

I know a sinophile in China who is completely in-denial about everything. They seem to love the culture but when it comes to politics they just deny everything in order to maintain 'their fantasy' or use the classic line "well you think it's bad in China, just look at America. . ". They also have this really unhealthy obsession with their home country, the US, which they constantly talk about how is the worst society on planet Earth where the quality of life is below that of some Amazonian tribe.
They also earn about 4-5 times the local average salary in China and then proceed to say how everything in China is soo much cheaper than the US. Such as healthcare and education. They stay in an expat bubble the whole time and never interact with the real locals. Their Chinese friends are all upper-class. So little do they know that healthcare and education for the average Chinese is super expensive.

Last edited:
I've never gone down the Sinophile rabbit hole...it all makes sense.

Witty_Trick9220
2y ago

This is very true. I spent 1/3 of my life in China, and there is a loooot for things about the country i love. Though right now more to dislike... I've also met alot of these people that dont really see a spade for a spade when it comes to China.. Besides the mental issues suggested by OP, I'd also suggest a overly left-leaning political standing is also behind many foreigners weird love relationship with China. Kinda stuck in the old communist vs capitalist struggle, and refuse to see China today for what it is

You seriously think this person is from China? Have you ever communicated with anyone from China? If you had you’d know this is fake. Their grammar and English is awful. This post is too good to be from a real Chinese speaker. My wife has bought many things for her business directly from China. This is not the way they speak. This is just someone with an agenda.
Reddit....

I have been to China 3 times and ideally I would go a lot more. Pretty amazing country other than their politics. Mountains, georges, scenic valleys, the Giant Panda reserve, national parks, areas with wildlife found nowhere else in the world, the Great Wall, Shanghai is an amazing city, I have heard that Beijing is too. Train travel is advanced enough so you can get around OK, even between regions

Again, I hate their politics but yes I could play tourist often in China and not get bored and not be a spy. Not much different than taking 30 trips in the USA west of the Mississippi.

Plus I would guess that he had some government-related trips related to businesses in his state working with China
I’m notifying the feds. I think you have to be a Maoist spy. No one would go to China 3 times. Something smells here.

Actually it depends. I did a ton of business with China in my old job and they were quite fluent, at least via email.

But I'll agree just on the phrasing and syntax that the reddit guy sounds suspicious.
The emails my wife received were nothing short of third grade level. And their English was not much better. Couldn’t beat the prices though even when you include the shipping.

The emails my wife received were nothing short of third grade level. And their English was not much better. Couldn’t beat the prices though even when you include the shipping.
There was a difference between the several suppliers I dealt with. Some were perfectly fluent, others were quite rudimentary. The key for us was to avoid jargon and contractions and to only use short declarative sentences.

I always thought that when a snowstorm hit and I would go and shovel the elderly lady’s driveway next door for her the next morning I was being neighborly.

All this time I should have been waiting for the Federal government to redistribute funds my way before committing to shoveling. Thanks Tim Walz!
Funny you should mention shoveling snow...Hey Neighbor, did you go out and earn extra $$ to pay off a fellow student's lunch debt as well?

Good grief, hoos, you can't even get your initials right. DBM posts the polls. DDE gets banned for crazy rants. DDB and DBE aren't real posters. :D
I must admit, for some reason I kept mixing up DBM as someone called DMB. I finally had to train myself to remember that DMB was The Dave Matthews Band and DBM was the poster with all the crazy takes. Although honestly, DBM always reminded me of someone I could easily envision following the DMB around (jk)...

I must admit, for some reason I kept mixing up DBM as someone called DMB. I finally had to train myself to remember that DMB was The Dave Matthews Band and DBM was the poster with all the crazy takes. Although honestly, DBM always reminded me of someone I could easily envision following the DMB around (jk)...

Some of the nicest and coolest people I've ever met have been at Dave concerts.

When we saw those horrific images out of China during Covid of police going around and welding people into their homes…… about the closet any American politician came to that is when Walz dispatched his police to fire paintballs at people who were sitting on their own porches. I wonder where he learned that such jackboot tactics were acceptable? You must shoot paintballs at people on their own property. For the “greater good” and all.

The man is truly a sick and twisted individual. Human scum.

Having an affinity for the people of China is not the same as being pro-CCP...

"As a congressman, Walz co-sponsored legislation that took a firm stance on China. He met with the Dalai Lama and Hong Kong democracy activist Joshua Wong, both of whom are viewed with hostility by Beijing.

Walz also served on the Congressional-Executive Commission on China, which monitors human rights and the rule of law in the country.

During the hearing on the 25th Tiananmen crackdown anniversary, he said: “If we do not commemorate and we do not remember those who were willing to risk all, it puts all of us at risk of history forgetting the lessons that were there.”

Reddit....
😃

What's your claim here? That Reddit (a ****ing lefty site), describing Walz-clones (2 years ago) as dorks, is inaccurate?

WTF man. 😃

Flying to Mexico 20+ times for cheap Viag's, cheap fiahing, chicks, and booze/drugs is much different than 30+ paid trips, including your honeymoon w kids, to China.

I never knew there was a whole subset of American dorks that went to China religiously like Walz...but apparently it's a recognized strata within the shitlib scene.

Hilarious.

I’m hardly inclined to give DJT any benefits of the doubt. He’s a reckless man in so many ways.

But I doubt this is true. And so much of what enters the ether about Trump is just hackneyed to death - like the whole “good people on both sides” thing and all that.

I don’t know why people are so quick to put their own credibility on the line like that. Trump offers plenty of oppo fodder without his opponents having to invent or distort things.
lol Are you serious? They've been inventing and distorting things about him since he declared his candidacy.

I hope this doesn't surprise anyone.

Reactions: Lucy01
Having an affinity for the people of China is not the same as being pro-CCP...

"As a congressman, Walz co-sponsored legislation that took a firm stance on China. He met with the Dalai Lama and Hong Kong democracy activist Joshua Wong, both of whom are viewed with hostility by Beijing.

Walz also served on the Congressional-Executive Commission on China, which monitors human rights and the rule of law in the country.

During the hearing on the 25th Tiananmen crackdown anniversary, he said: “If we do not commemorate and we do not remember those who were willing to risk all, it puts all of us at risk of history forgetting the lessons that were there.”
lmao Don Jr had a 20 minute meeting with Russians and Walz had 30 visits to China paid for by China.

China is praising the selection of Walz for VP.

When will the Special Prosecutor be assigned to investigate Walz's China Collusion?

lol Are you serious? They've been inventing and distorting things about him since he declared his candidacy.

I hope this doesn't surprise anyone.
Most hated man of lifetime....Its scary, comical.

Oprah hates him-----but not so much nack in the late 80's and 90's, when she was basically sucking his dick for him to be on her show.

Dudes an outlier---an outsider. Dems DO NOT like that. He cannot be bought/paid off, etc.----And they hate that.

Most hated man of lifetime....Its scary, comical.

Oprah hates him-----but not so much nack in the late 80's and 90's, when she was basically sucking his dick for him to be on her show.

Dudes an outlier---an outsider. Dems DO NOT like that. He cannot be bought/paid off, etc.----And they hate that.

Your last sentence is absolutely laughable.

Look into why Trump was so against tik tok and then did an about face.

Reactions: UncleMark
How much money did he get? And are we really comparing Tik-Tok, to that of political "favors". lobbying, etccc?🤣🤣

When he changes his stance because it will hurt his backers financially, thus hurting him because he won't have a big time donors support, yes, that is the very definition of being bought.

For you to argue otherwise is being disingenuous.

You know which country has the most spies in the United States? Israel. That never seems to trouble people.... "Walz is no doubt very attached to some aspects of Chinese life". What aspects? I've been to Mexico 15 times--does that make me a cartel member or sympathetic to the cartel?

He may have a point given the Dem track record… Feinstein, Swalwell, Hochul…

It is interesting how easily Democrat politicians seem to be influenced by the CCP.

As for who matters most in espionage, even this NPR guest agrees China is by far the worst (worse than Russia).

I am more concerned about a president of the United States who routinely did business with the Chinese government for years and years, that owned the bank leasing property in Trump's properties where he bragged about it in 2015, that purchased millions of dollars worth of units in Trump's properties, and of course Ivanka trump received 41 Chinese trademarks from the time she was appointed a White House adviser in March 2017 to April 2019. Wait, it gets better- of the trademarks Ivanka applied for after her father’s inauguration, those got approved 40% faster than those she sought out beforehand. The last two major trademarks were issued on the day Trump lifted tariffs on China.

There's nothing to see here boys and girls, just everyday grifting by the former and convicted felon president.

Last edited:
I call bullshit.
Call all you want. As far as I know, there have been more Democrats linked to Chinese spies than Republicans. Democrats (whether you like this or not) make better ideological targets for the Chinese spies because there are (again whether you like it or not) people in the Democrat coalition who have some affinity for how the Chinese run some things.

A country like Israel would probably choose more Republicans. They have a better "in" with them in the same way the Chinese have a better "in" with Democrats.

Call all you want. As far as I know, there have been more Democrats linked to Chinese spies than Republicans. Democrats (whether you like this or not) make better ideological targets for the Chinese spies because there are (again whether you like it or not) people in the Democrat coalition who have some affinity for how the Chinese run some things.

A country like Israel would probably choose more Republicans. They have a better "in" with them in the same way the Chinese have a better "in" with Democrats.
I didn't say anything about whom they target. I was calling out the slippery slope of accusing the other side of being traitors. You responded by saying Democrats are statistically more likely to be (traitors) than Republicans. That's what I'm calling bullshit on.

According to who? Rightwing propaganda bull shit?

What about Ivanka's ties with China and all those questionably timed trademarks? Nothing to see there because they're republicans.

JDB gave you a short list of 3 up above. Tell you what Sport, that is currently 3-0. Instead of being an ankle biting intellectual chihuahua, why don't you go and at least find 3 Republicans to buttress your argument first.
Ronald Montaperto was a Defense Intelligence Agency analyst who was spy for the Chinese-a republican.
Former Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez, appointed by George Bush, had significant concerns raised about him as his lop top was accessed through accidentally on purposefully placed spy war.
Kevin Mallory and Ron Hansen, a CIA case officer and DIA officer were republican voters. Both were sentenced to huge terms in prison for espionage.

It is a stupid score to keep with a sample size of 7.

Of note is the number of total espionage cases relating to Chinese Espionage incidents (not charges). The chart shows that after Obama and Xi agreed to restrict commercial espionage in 2015, the number of incidents of reported Chinese espionage dropped considerably---until 2017 when another guy took office and it rose to levels never seen before--and continued until Biden administration where it dropped again.

230329_CN_Espionage_Graph.png

Ronald Montaperto was a Defense Intelligence Agency analyst who was spy for the Chinese-a republican.
Former Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez, appointed by George Bush, had significant concerns raised about him as his lop top was accessed through accidentally on purposefully placed spy war.
Kevin Mallory and Ron Hansen, a CIA case officer and DIA officer were republican voters. Both were sentenced to huge terms in prison for espionage.

Of note is the number of total espionage cases relating to Chinese Espionage incidents (not charges). The chart shows that after Obama and Xi agreed to restrict commercial espionage in 2015, the number of incidents of reported Chinese espionage dropped considerably---until 2017 when another guy took office and it rose to levels never seen before--and continued until Biden administration where it dropped again.

I give you points for an attempt, but you aren't Hickory.

On your point, I would raise the objection that there is a difference between a politician and a supposed voter and how I would weigh those. Same would be the case when having your computer hacked and the difference between that and pillow talk with the honey pot you are banging and sharing secrets with. Additionally, using espionage cases as a barometer isn't an exact science either. Looks to me like Trump's administration was more concerned with sussing out spies as opposed to rug sweeping it like Joe and Obama 😜

ETA: And all of this wasn't really getting at my true intention behind my post to Hickory. I think he is usually just a Pee Wee Herman poster (I know you are but what am I) whose main contribution to the forum is laughing emojis and the aforementioned "what about you" stuff. I think Cosmic is similar but he at least tries to bring content. Every now and then when Hickory responds to my posts with that stupid shit, I take it upon myself to whack him and ask him to try harder. I don't agree with you, but you at least are intellectually honest enough to show your work or explain yourself. So much so in fact that you did the work for Hickory, which is what usually happens....because Hickory is Scott Farcas's little sidekick.

Last edited:
I am more concerned about a president of the United States who routinely did business with the Chinese government for years and years, that owned the bank leasing property in Trump's properties where he bragged about it in 2015, that purchased millions of dollars worth of units in Trump's properties, and of course Ivanka trump received 41 Chinese trademarks from the time she was appointed a White House adviser in March 2017 to April 2019. Wait, it gets better- of the trademarks Ivanka applied for after her father’s inauguration, those got approved 40% faster than those she sought out beforehand. The last two major trademarks were issued on the day Trump lifted tariffs on China.

There's nothing to see here boys and girls, just everyday grifting by the former and convicted felon president.

Sounds like China is trying to play the old school, corruption game. It's ironic that after all of those fast-tracked trademarks, Trump still imposed tariffs on China (which were ratcheted higher by Biden after being critical a few years earlier).

I'm not defending the guy. I dislike him greatly, but there is a concerning issue with Democratic politicians being infiltrated by Chinese spies.

Reactions: DANC

How many of these supposed Republican voters were appointed or hired by Republicans for the government agencies they worked for? I don't know enough about the Gutierrez incident, but are you suggesting that he intentionally allowed the Chinese to copy sensitive documents from his laptop? Was he charged?

Espionage cases increasing as trade rhetoric rose is not surprising in the least. What has happened since Biden imposed even higher tariffs on Chinese goods in May? I cannot imagine incidents went down.

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
I give you points for an attempt, but you aren't Hickory.

On your point, I would raise the objection that there is a difference between a politician and a supposed voter and how I would weigh those. Same would be the case when having your computer hacked and the difference between that and pillow talk with the honey pot you are banging and sharing secrets with. Additionally, using espionage cases as a barometer isn't an exact science either. Looks to me like Trump's administration was more concerned with sussing out spies as opposed to rug sweeping it like Joe and Obama 😜
You've made a distinction in "voter" versus "politician" that wasn't part of the original proposition, namely, that that democrats are more likely to be susceptible to communist China's wiles. You can't change the parameters mid stream when you don't like the results. The latest bit of spying, whatever with Hochul didn't involve an elected figure either, so how do deal with that?

So espionage incidence REPORTING by the intelligence agencies who receive information from whomever may not be exact, but it seems to me that it might be a better indicator of things than the Water Cooler supposition.... So you really don't do yourself any favor by saying "using espionage cases as a barometer isn't an exact science" when you would have us all believe anecdotal supposition.

I would suggest you've read the chart and the info improperly. The chart tracks the reporting of incidents. And 100% it isn't a complete analysis, but it is better than screaming from the mountain "All dems are commies". Either way incidence reporting increased, which is what I would imagine when the president of the united states works his superhuman grifting powers in tit for tat exchanges with the CCP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT