ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked 4th in Lindy's Preseason

if Crean was smart (big if) he would press and run the hell out of burdue. their bigs cannot run the floor and their guards are basically garbage

I played three years of HS ball for an Indiana HS HOF coach (By Hey) who was also a math teacher. His assistant, John Stauffer, also a math teacher, thought me how to generate PER for players and how to use math to verify or question perception.

So, your assumption is as flawed as your ignorant opinion. I'm thinking you're just dumb and don't know how to use stats for projections. Maybe Justin Bieber fanhood would be a better hobby for you, as it fits your reasoning ability.

Example: you believe that your biased, arbitrary and ignorant opinion is better than a statistical analysis. Yes, to you, having less information, is somehow better. Which just verifies my opinion that you are in fact, dumb.

Haha, you broke the Twain rule.

Because they act more civil on our board than you do. Calling Purdue , Burdue and the other little childish things that you do that makes the rest of this fan base look bad. Why not try to be a bigger man than stooping down to their level.

While I agree that it does make your fan base look extremely bad, there is no way possible we could be at that level. I would say the majority of us attempt to be civil on here.

While I agree that it does make your fan base look extremely bad, there is no way possible we could be at that level. I would say the majority of us attempt to be civil on here.
Most of you (not all) Purdue fans here are civil. I think you guys get treated better here on the whole then IU fans do over on GBI. Either way, each fanbase has their crazies. No getting around that.

Most of you (not all) Purdue fans here are civil. I think you guys get treated better here on the whole then IU fans do over on GBI. Either way, each fanbase has their crazies. No getting around that.

Agree on the whole with you. With that being said, I met many crazies in the five years I lived and worked in Bloomington, but never as bad as one particular person who really brings your fan base down substantially.

Last edited:
Does Bryant mean that the other IU players will not have to play out of position? Bryant was a 4 in high school. He now has to play the 5.

Who will guard Edwards this year?
In today's college basketball most teams play with one big which Bryant is and then the 4 is usually a smaller guy who we use to think of as a small forward. I just don't think coaches worry about the old 1-5 positions on the court today and they just put their best players out there. Bryant is 6'10 who can play inside and out and he will play wherever we put him.

Agree on the whole with you. With that being said, I met many crazies in the five years I lived and worked in Bloomington, but never as bad as one particular person who really brings your fan base down substantially.
All you have to do is go read posts from TwinDegrees2, Arcb and a few others over on GBI.

no one will call Albert 'undersized'.

when can we get some more updated mile times about him?

It doesn't really matter who Swanigan went against in college. He gets to go against two of the best bigs in the B10 daily. He's already down 25 lbs from what he was listed on one recruiting site. I'd say he will be able to run with most teams. If he needs a breather, throw Edwards or even Taylor in the mix, and we really haven't sacrificed much size at all. Even Haas is being listed at 282 lbs. down from 295 lbs. as listed on last year's roster. The bigs this year will be able to run better this year than in years past.

I have never went to another teams message boards and don't understand why anyone would want to.

You really should. Some of the conversations can be quite entertaining (as long as people stay civil). Especially during the summer when there really isn't a whole lot going on.

In today's college basketball most teams play with one big which Bryant is and then the 4 is usually a smaller guy who we use to think of as a small forward. I just don't think coaches worry about the old 1-5 positions on the court today and they just put their best players out there. Bryant is 6'10 who can play inside and out and he will play wherever we put him.
I'm just pointing out that snu is wrong about players having to play out of position. The IU players will be playing the same positions they did as last year. His argument is that now they won't have to play out of their normal positions. Thats simply not true.

Jones and Bridges and Bryant are the only names I can think of but there was not another big guy in the starting lineup when the played in the prep school invitational
I don't know what to tell you. Levi averaged 18 minutes per game and played in 32 games. Bryant averaged 23 minutes per game. They played alongside each other a lot. Pretty much every highlight of him at Huntington Prep shows Levi in the game with him.

It doesn't really matter who Swanigan went against in college. He gets to go against two of the best bigs in the B10 daily. He's already down 25 lbs from what he was listed on one recruiting site. I'd say he will be able to run with most teams. If he needs a breather, throw Edwards or even Taylor in the mix, and we really haven't sacrificed much size at all. Even Haas is being listed at 282 lbs. down from 295 lbs. as listed on last year's roster. The bigs this year will be able to run better this year than in years past.
You won't sacrifice size but the quality of the player drops down. And Taylor? Come on.

I wasn't speaking about just against IU. I was talking in general throughout the year.
I was talking about IU vs Purdue and how it is a pretty obvious choice as to who will be the better team. Based off of the results from last year plus the additions/subtractions during the summer.

I was talking about IU vs Purdue and how it is a pretty obvious choice as to who will be the better team. Based off of the results from last year plus the additions/subtractions during the summer.
Sorry, I was just throwing out my opinion on Edwards in general. As for IU players not playing out of position is a general statement as well.

You really should. Some of the conversations can be quite entertaining (as long as people stay civil). Especially during the summer when there really isn't a whole lot going on.
I don't really care what Purdue or UK fans think of IU and I don't want to discuss any thing about your teams. I follow college basketball and know all I need to know about most teams in college basketball.

And actually it's not really clear at all who is going to be the better team. In fact, if you look at all of the early season rankings, it seems as though most people expect IU to be a better team. Some people have Purdue ranked just above IU but my point is they're close. So it seems as though you're wrong.

You won't sacrifice size but the quality of the player drops down. And Taylor? Come on.

Taylor has the ability to surprise some people this year. His recruitment and progression took a hit with his injuries. I'm not saying he may have gone to a bigger program, but he may have been noticed a little more. He is more of a JaJuan Johnson type. He was not as raw as Johnson was his freshman year, but still a little raw nonetheless. He has bulked up considerably, and should be able to provide 8-10 minutes of quality time each game, even if it is just for defense.

And actually it's not really clear at all who is going to be the better team. In fact, if you look at all of the early season rankings, it seems as though most people expect IU to be a better team. Some people have Purdue ranked just above IU but my point is they're close. So it seems as though you're wrong.
We'll see, huh?

11214.jpg

General statement how? Either they will be playing out of position or not.
My comment on Edwards playing the 3 for Purdue this year, I believe he'll lose some of his mismatches he had last year IN GENERAL. That was my general comment. I thought he was really good at the 4. I don't think he'll have as many mismatches at the 3 this year for you guys.

Now with Bryant, we will NOT have guys out of position like we did last year. Not hard to see that one.

Taylor has the ability to surprise some people this year. His recruitment and progression took a hit with his injuries. I'm not saying he may have gone to a bigger program, but he may have been noticed a little more. He is more of a JaJuan Johnson type. He was not as raw as Johnson was his freshman year, but still a little raw nonetheless. He has bulked up considerably, and should be able to provide 8-10 minutes of quality time each game, even if it is just for defense.

Per Brian N (a month ago), Taylor will be lucky to see the court. Personally, idk... But Brian is saying that on a PU board and he would know better than anyone.

I would be completely shocked if he was even close to the same league as even Edwards. If you're playing Taylor, things won't be going well for you guys.

General statement how? Either they will be playing out of position or not.

This game will be determined in the D end of the floor and that's how PU won last year. I agree that Davis had a great year last year too, but he has to do it again. I honestly don't think Biggie will be a big factor... This year. He'll break out next year after Hammons is gone. If IU does not defend, IU will lose. It's not that complicated. Look at what Iowa did to IU at home last year.

I would be completely shocked if he was even close to the same league as even Edwards. If you're playing Taylor, things won't be going well for you guys.

You are correct, he is not close to Edwards. Edwards is an extremely versatile player that will continue to get better and better as the year goes on. That being said, if he is in there and can be a big body, defend, and not make dumb mistakes, it should not put us at an extreme disadvantage.

My comment on Edwards playing the 3 for Purdue this year, I believe he'll lose some of his mismatches he had last year IN GENERAL. That was my general comment. I thought he was really good at the 4. I don't think he'll have as many mismatches at the 3 this year for you guys.

Now with Bryant, we will NOT have guys out of position like we did last year. Not hard to see that one.
What do you mean by your guys will not be out of position?

This game will be determined in the D end of the floor and that's how PU won last year. I agree that Davis had a great year last year too, but he has to do it again. I honestly don't think Biggie will be a big factor... This year. He'll break out next year after Hammons is gone. If IU does not defend, IU will lose. It's not that complicated. Look at what Iowa did to IU at home last year.
And our defense should (key word here) be better than last year with the addition of Bryant. As close as it was last year, I feel good about IU's chances this coming year against Purdue at home.

Are you thinking Hammons and Biggie are competing for the same position?

What do you mean by your guys will not be out of position?
Do I really need to explain it to you? Hartman played center last year. Holt played center last year. Perea missed like 9 games during the B10 season. Really not rocket science here.

And if you're talking about just against Purdue, I could see us with two guards, Collin, Troy and Bryant if Purdue decides to go with AJH, Swanigan and Edwards. I think that would be a good match.

And our defense should (key word here) be better than last year with the addition of Bryant. As close as it was last year, I feel good about IU's chances this coming year against Purdue at home.

I'm not betting on it, but I hope your right. Also Crean had a chance to press PU with 2 mins left and no Octious, and the game was tied or within a possession. Instead, he let Thompson of all people walk the ball up the floor. That's just dumb. If your going to lose, lose while being aggressive and applying pressure.

Do I really need to explain it to you? Hartman played center last year. Holt played center last year. Perea missed like 9 games during the B10 season. Really not rocket science here.
How will that change this year? You are just exchanging Bryant for Perea (for the majority of the season). You have only one "big" = Bryant. Hartman will still have to play some 5. The UM guy will have to play some 5. You are still going to play 4 guards and a big. Hartman will still be used the same. UM guy will play the same role as Holt. Nothing has changed in regards to positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT