ADVERTISEMENT

"Radical left" lady moves to progressive utopia; ends up in battle w/ teachers union

Real life smacks idealist in the face when she has to battle the machine she's long supported.

Teacher's unions are not ever on the side of students, families or education. They should be destroyed, IMHO.

The teachers pay the union dues so they are the ones represented. The one in FW is pretty weak sauce, the teachers are basically guilted into paying the due. I cannot remember what the due is here, i told my wife not to pay it, fwiw. I agree, unions had their time and place, but in most cases now they are superfluous.

The teachers pay the union dues so they are the ones represented. The one in FW is pretty weak sauce, the teachers are basically guilted into paying the due. I cannot remember what the due is here, i told my wife not to pay it, fwiw. I agree, unions had their time and place, but in most cases now they are superfluous.

I don't have issues with unions in private industry, if they can organize to counter their employer, more power to them... it's a market economy, and that includes labor organizing.

The public sector unions are a serious problem, as tax payers are responsible, not a business entity. The teachers one is by far the worst, however, as kids end up being the bargaining pawns. The NJ union bragging about not showing up for work in this piece, when the district attempted to open the schools, is a perfect example of the active rot within the public school system.

I don't have issues with unions in private industry, if they can organize to counter their employer, more power to them... it's a market economy, and that includes labor organizing.

The public sector unions are a serious problem, as tax payers are responsible, not a business entity. The teachers one is by far the worst, however, as kids end up being the bargaining pawns. The NJ union bragging about not showing up for work in this piece, when the district attempted to open the schools, is a perfect example of the active rot within the public school system.
And often the union is "negotiating" their contracts with the very same people who are taking their dues to fund their campaigns in these school board elections.

You scratch my back...

I'm sure you've seen the shit show that is unfolding in Chicago Public Schools (CPS). A day or two before they were scheduled to reopen (Monday), the teachers held an electronic vote and decided not to attend, forcing parents to scramble for last minute arrangements.

It should be noted that the socioeconomic and demographics of the student population across CPS skews heavily towards those that cannot afford to be missing school.

I'm sure you've seen the shit show that is unfolding in Chicago Public Schools (CPS). A day or two before they were scheduled to reopen (Monday), the teachers held an electronic vote and decided not to attend, forcing parents to scramble for last minute arrangements.

It should be noted that the socioeconomic and demographics of the student population across CPS skews heavily towards those that cannot afford to be missing school.

Even if there were good data that showed teachers are at higher risk than the general population, it should be noted that when given the choice between acting Nobly vs. sacrificing their students education, these teachers chose the latter.

CTU is a cancer on the city.

I'm not really a fan of teachers' unions. Much of what they claim to fight for should be legislated in at the state level. Teachers are underpaid and under appreciated.

Relative to COVID, when it comes to health issues, teachers are no less important than the students they serve, and if they don't feel the school has produced the safety features necessary to reduce the risk of transmission, it makes sense they would be hesitant or unwilling to return.

Teachers needed to be up there with first responders on the vaccine priority list.

That said, where I live it's been 100% elementary school, 50-50 middle school and high school. Parents also have the option of totally virtual. However, there have been a couple of conversions to virtual learning days when a school was unable to have enough teachers/staff to function in-school.

Sounds like the school initially didn't do enough with safety equipment and implementation of safety protocols.

Even if there were good data that showed teachers are at higher risk than the general population, it should be noted that when given the choice between acting Nobly vs. sacrificing their students education, these teachers chose the latter.

CTU is a cancer on the city.

So acting nobly to you means putting their health at risk? Got it.

My guess is it's deeper than them just not being willing to put themselves at risk. It's more than likely the schools haven't done much to mitigate the risk.

New world order. My daughter's school is the same way. I was there in her classroom for parent/teacher meetings at the start of the year and the teacher went on at length about Mood Mondays. Very feelings-based non threatening/competitive environment. One of the guys on the Stl Blues' kid was in her class and he turned to me with a big smirk and a single tooth missing and goes "When's math?" No SATs; no ACTs. Mood Mondays.

Our country will be a very different place in twenty years. Who knows. Maybe it'll be better.

Orange Snookis with horrible accents hypocritically marching for free babysitting.

yum

Is it hypocritical if they're paying the tax dollars that go towards the infrastructure required for in person learning? Maybe if they get a rebate it would help towards smoothing things over. They could put that money towards "babysitting", because that is obviously the only benefit of in person learning.

New world order. My daughter's school is the same way. I was there in her classroom for parent/teacher meetings at the start of the year and the teacher went on at length about Mood Mondays. Very feelings-based non threatening/competitive environment. One of the guys on the Stl Blues' kid was in her class and he turned to me with a big smirk and a single tooth missing and goes "When's math?" No SATs; no ACTs. Mood Mondays.

Our country will be a very different place in twenty years. Who knows. Maybe it'll be better.
That's a heck of a gamble. Makes a good argument for vouchers/school choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
Real life smacks idealist in the face when she has to battle the machine she's long supported.

Teacher's unions are not ever on the side of students, families or education. They should be destroyed, IMHO.

Reopening schools has nothing to do with unions. Also, teachers have zero control over what parents do with their kids outside of school

Vaccinate the teachers and reopen the schools a couple weeks later. That’s far cheaper than properly disinfecting the school premises nightly and daily.

Reopening schools has nothing to do with unions. Also, teachers have zero control over what parents do with their kids outside of school

Vaccinate the teachers and reopen the schools a couple weeks later. That’s far cheaper than properly disinfecting the school premises nightly and daily.
If it has nothing to do with unions, why the hell are parochial, Catholic, and charter schools having in person learning, and have for much of the school year. You obviously don't think things through very often.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I'm grateful to live a life I enjoy for the most part, although my cardio is a work in progress. 😉
I hear ya, pal. The truth is there just isn't much room left for guys like us. To speak plainly, men. We're being pushed aside by a new generation - a generation of younger guys. Guys like OutsideShooter. Guys that don't even want to be white anymore to be candid. I too am grateful for the life I've led, but it's time. Time to make way for this new generation. We had our run; I guess....

• Haha
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I hear ya, pal. The truth is there just isn't much room left for guys like us. To speak plainly, men. We're being pushed aside by a new generation - a generation of younger guys. Guys like OutsideShooter. Guys that don't even want to be white anymore to be candid. I too am grateful for the life I've led, but it's time. Time to make way for this new generation. We had our run; I guess....
lol

Rich, jaded, and paranoid. Your money sure doesn’t buy you much, does it?

I’ll throw you a life preserver. It’s not about white or black, it’s about freedom. Spiritual freedom. Freedom to be. If you’re jaded, man, you aren’t free.

LMAO..... did you not read the story? The schools in NJ attempted to open and the union staged a no-show and bragged about it on Twitter.

Schools have been open all year in much of the country.

LMAO..... did you not read the story? The schools in NJ attempted to open and the union staged a no-show and bragged about it on Twitter.

Schools have been open all year in much of the country.
Yes, I get it. That only reinforces my point. The unions are stepping in to protect teachers essentially because the teachers aren’t vaccinated (whether they articulate that rationale or not). Solution: Protect (vaccinate) the teachers.

Public schools can’t force parents to vaccinate their kids, so teachers’ ONLY safe option for opening the schools is vaccination.

Biden wants to reopen schools ASAP. Great! Vaccinate the teachers. Open the schools.

In this case unions are a blessing for the teachers.

lol

Rich, jaded, and paranoid. Your money sure doesn’t buy you much, does it?

I’ll throw you a life preserver. It’s not about white or black, it’s about freedom. Spiritual freedom. Freedom to be. If you’re jaded, man, you aren’t free.
I don’t know who you think is rich but it’s not me. I know rich. What’s more that’s not the topic. Although I do commend you for not mentioning Trump in this post. I was simply talking about men like Hillz. The type of man that gathers around a large pond with his family during a pandemic. The type of man I watch on discovery. He’s a dying breed.

Last edited:
Schools can be open and not be super-spreaders. It requires planning, distancing, mask-wearing, basically a non-Trumpian level of general intelligence, on the part of teachers, administrators, and parents.

Seeing the low IQ Trumpers on here, though, I understand the problem that teachers have.

And they ought to be on the vaccine priority list, after the >65.

Schools can be open and not be super-spreaders. It requires planning, distancing, mask-wearing, basically a non-Trumpian level of general intelligence, on the part of teachers, administrators, and parents.

Seeing the low IQ Trumpers on here, though, I understand the problem that teachers have.

Safely opening schools requires more than you listed. It also requires very strict contact tracing.

Safely opening schools requires more than you listed. It also requires very strict contact tracing.

If we are to follow your logic to its end point. Then no profession that requires in person contact should be permitted until everyone is vaccinated or has their own personal hazmat suit or something.

All manufacturing should cease immediately because despite strong precautions people sometimes catch Covid.

Luckily, spread in schools is not near the levels of manufacturing, and the incidence of students passing it to their teachers is almost nonexistent.

The data are out, and unfortunately you and the teachers unions are wrong. But who really cares about the kids anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Has Biden made a statement with regards to these teachers unions?

Yes, I get it. That only reinforces my point. The unions are stepping in to protect teachers essentially because the teachers aren’t vaccinated (whether they articulate that rationale or not). Solution: Protect (vaccinate) the teachers.

Public schools can’t force parents to vaccinate their kids, so teachers’ ONLY safe option for opening the schools is vaccination.

Biden wants to reopen schools ASAP. Great! Vaccinate the teachers. Open the schools.

In this case unions are a blessing for the teachers.

Clearly teachers not essential workers then. But Lowes check out clerks, I guess are.

Hopefully school boards will remember this when their next contract negotiations are up.... just how unessiential they are.

BTW we have tons of scientific data from around the world that schools are a very low source of covid transmission.

I don’t know who you think is rich but it’s not me. I know rich. What’s more that’s not the topic. Although I do commend you for not mentioning Trump in this post. I was simply talking about men like Hillz. The type of man that gathers around a large pond. The type of man I watch on discovery. He’s a dying breed.
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT