ADVERTISEMENT

Rachel Nichols

Ever hear of Phyllis George?
Might want to look her up.
A pretty face which came and went.

I'll stick with Storm in terms of her knowledge and longevity.

However, George did precede Storm.

A pretty face which came and went.

I'll stick with Storm in terms of her knowledge and longevity.

However, George did precede Storm.
Covering the NFL for CBS over a 9 year span as the first woman to do so is came and went? Tough crowd.

Even Storm called her a trailblazer.

Reactions: DANC
Many who watch the NBA agree that Rachel Nichols is annoying AF.

I can’t speak to the other drama

Reactions: UncleMark
Yeah, I got it wrong. I could play the "I was hacked" card like Jay Williams did when he tweeted that
the Celtics hired their first person of color HC team history. Doc Rivers, ML Carr, KC Jones, Satch Sanders, Bill Russell for Christ's sake in the late 60s. But I fess up.

Yeah, I got it wrong. I could play the "I was hacked" card like Jay Williams did when he tweeted that
the Celtics hired their first person of color HC team history. Doc Rivers, ML Carr, KC Jones, Satch Sanders, Bill Russell for Christ's sake in the late 60s. But I fess up.
Jay Williams must have dirt on someone because he sucks behind the mic.

Jalen and Woj are the best in the business.

I was commenting on your horribly strained simile or metaphor or whatever that was. VBG

Reactions: outside shooter
Eh. I give her a break because the whole format of that show is garbage. Way too many cooks in the kitchen.
That's nearly every ESPN show that's specific to a single sport. The more people involved on camera, the fewer sports associated with the show,. Which also means I am less likely to watch it.

Reactions: Cortez88
That's nearly every ESPN show that's specific to a single sport. The more people involved on camera, the fewer sports associated with the show,. Which also means I am less likely to watch it.
All NBA shows are trying to be Inside The NBA and their format. I personally think almost all ESPN commentary shows are garbage except Jalen and Jacoby. (Jalen is the best in the business).

Highly questionable, etc is like watching a group of Ivy League band camp rejects. No offense to anyone, but I do not want to hear them talk about sports.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
All NBA shows are trying to be Inside The NBA and their format. I personally think almost all ESPN commentary shows are garbage except Jalen and Jacoby. (Jalen is the best in the business).

Highly questionable, etc is like watching a group of Ivy League band camp rejects. No offense to anyone, but I do not want to hear them talk about sports.
NFL Live is equally as bad as Inside the NBA. Single sport with one person in studio trying to control and moderate a bunch of people vying for screen time against each other.

Yes, the guys that owned the St Louis Spirits were the ones that really made out getting a % in perpetuity of the NBA . I think the NBA finally bought them out but that was better than a big oil well in your back yard just bringing money in.
1/7 of the annual TV rev share money of the ABA teams that came over or something like that.

1/7 of the annual TV rev share money of the ABA teams that came over or something like that.
Yeah they were getting like 2% overall. I think the 1/7 was just the ABA teams that joined. They sold out finally for 500 million and I think they/heirs still get a little trickle in but likely the greatest deal in sports history .

You sure that wasn't the Kentucky Colonels? ABA?
That's it.

There's even a connection to Hannah Storm. Her dad was Mike Storen, GM of the Pacers and then GM and part owner of the Colonels, then ABA commissioner. John Y. Brown then bought the Colonels, fired and bought out Storen.

When the ABA/NBA merger came, Brown refused to pay a $3M entry fee and instead accepted $3M to fold the franchise and make its players available in a dispersal draft.

That's it.

There's even a connection to Hannah Storm. Her dad was Mike Storen, GM of the Pacers and then GM and part owner of the Colonels, then ABA commissioner. John Y. Brown then bought the Colonels, fired and bought out Storen.

When the ABA/NBA merger came, Brown refused to pay a $3M entry fee and instead accepted $3M to fold the franchise and make its players available in a dispersal draft.
Hanna is Mark Patrick's cousin. His real name is Storen.

Reactions: hoot1
That's it.

And bought into Buffalo Braves that became the Clippers

That's it.

artis gilmore and dan issel were on that team 2 future nba all stars with franchises now worth north of 2 billion john y brown made a terrible decision.

Anybody catch Van Gundy's remark last night?

a78227311e762251-750x617.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT