ADVERTISEMENT

Rachel Nichols

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
Basically spoke the truth , since African Americans make up a majority of the players in our sports, seems like espn thinks they should make up the same portion of the media. Its becoming almost unwatchable and unlistenable. Has anyone ever listened to Keyshawn Johnson and been impressed?

Reactions: sluggo69
Basically spoke the truth , since African Americans make up a majority of the players in our sports, seems like espn thinks they should make up the same portion of the media. Its becoming almost unwatchable and unlistenable. Has anyone ever listened to Keyshawn Johnson and been impressed?

Hey, I'm still trying to get over not hearing Curt Gowdy, Dick Enberg and Keith Jackson.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and ulrey
Hey, I'm still trying to get over not hearing Curt Gowdy, Dick Enberg and Keith Jackson.
Enberg finished his career announcing San Diego Padre games , was very good at baseball which surprised me, Him Packer and McGuire where a great team back in the day

Reactions: ulrey
Doris Buke for the win. Also watching Candace Parker school Shaq relative to current basketball knowledge on TNT was refreshing. More competency in the booth is a good thing, male or female, black or white.

And for the love of all that is holy please get rid of Reggie Miller and Chris Weber

What? Are you saying that because Keyshawn Johnson is black and sucks as an analyst that we should have less blacks?

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Because Rachel Nichols sucks as an analyst we should have LESS of Rachel Nichols (edit). Ditto Reggie, though I loved him as a player.

Last edited:
Couldn't be any worse than listening to Bill Walton try to call a game. Being a former player is a bonus since that could lead to some insight they have about the game they played but obviously that isn't the only qualification.

It should be whoever is most qualified for the job.

Reactions: F.Fletch
Doris Buke for the win. Also watching Candace Parker school Shaq relative to current basketball knowledge on TNT was refreshing. More competency in the booth is a good thing, male or female, black or white.

And for the love of all that is holy please get rid of Reggie Miller and Chris Weber
I don't mind Doris doing games. She at least played basketball and knows a little more about the game than me.

Reactions: ulrey
Because Rachel Nichols sucks as an analyst we should have LESS of Rachel Nichols (edit). Ditto Reggie, though I loved him as a player.
Is she really an analyst or was she a moderator for the analysts? Sometimes I confuse those two. I admit I haven't watched a lot of the pre and half time shows, or programming on ESPN which is not part of a game they have on.

Is she really an analyst or was she a moderator for the analysts? Sometimes I confuse those two. I admit I haven't watched a lot of the pre and half time shows, or programming on ESPN which is not part of a game they have on.
She's a sideline game day interviewer, who also does puffball interviews on off days.

People should be held accountable for their actions but also shouldnt have their career destroyed over one comment.

Doris Burke runs rings around every TV analyst other than Hubie Brown, when it comes to basketball knowledge.

Doris Burke is a fine announcer. She may even be underutilized by ESPN. The likes of Burke, Jessica Mendoza, and Mary Carillo in tennis prove that the best women can be AS good in the booth as the best men. Is Burke better than that dope Bill Walton?
Obviously.......
HOWEVER, only in your feeble, Rob Reiner-esque, Meathead-addled brain does she "run rings around every TV analyst."

Does she run rings around Jeff Van Gundy?
How about Jay Bilas?
What about Mark Jackson?
What about Len Elmore
or Fran Fraschilla?
No, of course she doesn't.

Your endless virtue-signaling makes you look like the twat you most certainly are.

Last edited:
Couldn't be any worse than listening to Bill Walton try to call a game. Being a former player is a bonus since that could lead to some insight they have about the game they played but obviously that isn't the only qualification.

It should be whoever is most qualified for the job.
Wow......something I agree with Hickory on.

Let's not let it happen again.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucy01

Bill Walton is the Free Space on the Bingo card of bad announcers that should be dropped.

Vitale is a very close second.

Reactions: F.Fletch and larsIU
Doris Burke is a fine announcer. She may even be underutilized by ESPN. The likes of Burke, Jessica Mendoza, and Mary Carillo in tennis prove that the best women can be AS good in the booth as the best men. Is Burke better than that dope Bill Walton?
Obviously.......
HOWEVER, only in your feeble, Rob Reiner-esque, Meathead-addled brain does she "run rings around every TV analyst."

How about Jay Bilas?
What about Mark Jackson?
What about Len Elmore
or Fran Fraschilla?

Your endless virtue-signaling makes you look like the twat you most certainly are.
Jay Bilas can rot in the hell of bro douchness he’s helped cultivate. Yes my hatred is somewhat irrational but it’s real.

Does she run rings around Jeff Van Gundy? Maybe not
How about Jay Bilas? Maybe
What about Mark Jackson? Yes, definitely
What about Len Elmore Maybe
or Fran Fraschilla? Yes, definitely

I like Gus Johnson a lot for his enthusiasm, but he is also less technically correct and analytical as compared to Burke.

I like Gus Johnson a lot for his enthusiasm, but he is also less technically correct and analytical as compared to Burke.
Two entirely different functions within a broadcast. One is play by play and the other is an analyst.

That's like saying you like salad a lot for the the refreshing crunch, but it's also less filling and satisfying compared to a steak.

Two entirely different functions within a broadcast. One is play by play and the other is an analyst.

That's like saying you like salad a lot for the the refreshing crunch, but it's also less filling and satisfying compared to a steak.
Noted, but Gus, as a former player (and an excellent one), often adds to his play-by-play duties and gives analysis. So it's like saying your steak in a steak and salad combo from a salad place was less satisfying compared to the steak joint down the street that focused on steak.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Does she run rings around Jeff Van Gundy? Maybe not
How about Jay Bilas? Maybe
What about Mark Jackson? Yes, definitely
What about Len Elmore Maybe
or Fran Fraschilla? Yes, definitely

Doris Burke couldn't hold Fran Fraschilla's microphone.

By the way, where did Gus Johnson play his college basketball....Hmmmm??

Noted, but Gus, as a former player (and an excellent one), often adds to his play-by-play duties and gives analysis. So it's like saying your steak in a steak and salad combo from a salad place was less satisfying compared to the steak joint down the street that focused on steak.
Gus Johnson? Former player?

Wut?

I thought you were a holder of advanced degrees.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Yeah, I thought he was a former college player. My bad. Lots of Johnsons.

Gus Johnson the announcer was all-league quarterback for his high school's football team, an all-league shooting guard on the basketball team, and first baseman and catcher on the baseball team. The 1984–1985 University of Detroit Jesuit yearbook also notes that Johnson was a co-captain of both the football and basketball teams and most valuable player on the latter.

Johnson subsequently graduated from Howard University with a degree in political science in 1990 and was a four-year letter winner on Howard's baseball team.

Obviously.......

How about Jay Bilas?
What about Mark Jackson?
What about Len Elmore
or Fran Fraschilla?

Doris and Mark Jackson run rings around Jeff Van Gundy on basketball knowledge IMO

Cannot fail to mention Hannah Storm who paved the way for ladies in the world of sports commentators. Hannah is to women in sports broadcasting as Barbara Walters was in news.

She was successful because she worked twice as hard as the males who dominated the field.

Cannot fail to mention Hannah Storm who paved the way for ladies in the world of sports commentators. Hannah is to women in sports broadcasting as Barbara Walters was in news.

She was successful because she worked twice as hard as the males who dominated the field.
Ever hear of Phyllis George?
Might want to look her up.

Yeah, I thought he was a former college player. My bad. Lots of Johnsons.

Gus Johnson the announcer was all-league quarterback for his high school's football team, an all-league shooting guard on the basketball team, and first baseman and catcher on the baseball team. The 1984–1985 University of Detroit Jesuit yearbook also notes that Johnson was a co-captain of both the football and basketball teams and most valuable player on the latter.

Johnson subsequently graduated from Howard University with a degree in political science in 1990 and was a four-year letter winner on Howard's baseball team.

My bad. Lots of Johnsons.

Figured that was one of your issues.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT