ADVERTISEMENT

Question for those who heard Fish post-game interview

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
I thought I heard him ask CTC what could be done over the offseason to assure better leadership next season. And I thought he gave a one word answer: "recruiting"

Did I hear that right?

Reactions: cryano
I thought I heard him ask CTC what could be done over the offseason to assure better leadership next season. And I thought he gave a one word answer: "recruiting"

Did I hear that right?
and wasn't Fish talking about Point Guard too? Crean had 4 years to get Yogi's replacement and he got Newkirk who couldn't cut it at Pitt....umm

Reactions: C_Point and Fro
After listening to Zach Osterman's 29 minute interview with the Indy Star today it sure does sound like there will be no changes to the current IU basketball program. He also stated it is NOT his opinion of what should or will be done .... but with his experience behind around Fred Glass, he doesn't think Fred will make the change.

He did say that IU fans on social media ... "I understand what they are saying ... "

I get the sense after listening to that Crean isn't going anywhere.

He talked of the four incoming recruits, saying non of them are "shooters" that Tom Crean's offense needs to be successful.

After listening to Zach Osterman's 29 minute interview with the Indy Star today it sure does sound like there will be no changes to the current IU basketball program. He also stated it is NOT his opinion of what should or will be done .... but with his experience behind around Fred Glass, he doesn't think Fred will make the change.

He did say that IU fans on social media ... "I understand what they are saying ... "

He talked of the four incoming recruits, saying non of them are "shooters" that Tom Crean's offense needs to be successful.
What four recruits, he only has signed three?

This is concerning because ZO has often been used by Glass to leak information into the public domain. Not saying he's bullet proof, but he usually is fed a message from FG or another department person.

Did I hear that right?

What a perfect answer. 16 players on the roster and he needs to go find more.

What a perfect answer. 16 players on the roster and he needs to go find more.

He will still be replacing 4-5 of the scholarship players. Osterman's interview today went through the possibilities. He did NOT mention Johnson graduation and interested in play a year near home ... but if the 3 declared for the draft, Hartman wanting to get on with life other than basketball that is 5 of 13 to replace. Would or will someone transfer that we don't know about? Seems like there is always a surprise transfer in the month of May. That would be 6 possibilities out of 13 .... so next year we can once again here "we are a young team".

It's like Groundhog Day with him .... the excuses never ends.

Who would have been OK with it if you were told in 2008 that it'd take 3 years to become competitive. That finally after 5 years, the B10 record for the next 4 years would be 38-34 (something like that). I doubt anyone would be anything but angry to know that would be the future.

Reactions: iubhounds
Don't be surprised if RoJo decides to play his last year somewhere else. He is supposed to graduate and he will be free to move on. We could recruit a graduate transfer that could play the point, but is a new person coming in going to be a leader?It would be the rare kid that could do that.

The team will have turnover. JBJ, OG, Hartman, maybe Rojo, and I am curious how locked in CuJo is for another year. We all assumed Bryant was leaving, but I don't think he will get a second round pick at this point. There could be more recruiting needed, but who can we get to come in and be a leader. Fisch and Sur were talking that everyone could come back. I don't want that if Crean is back.What would be different about next year?

If Crean is still the coach Friday afternoon, I am afraid we are stuck with him. At that point the program will be driven down to a point Glass may get sacked for his mismanagement.

Reactions: iubhounds

Did I hear that right?

That may be the most damning commentary on the last 5 years of program leadership/coaching that anybody has made to date. And the source . . . well, at trial the guy would be unimpeachable.

He will still be replacing 4-5 of the scholarship players. Osterman's interview today went through the possibilities. He did NOT mention Johnson graduation and interested in play a year near home ... but if the 3 declared for the draft, Hartman wanting to get on with life other than basketball that is 5 of 13 to replace. Would or will someone transfer that we don't know about? Seems like there is always a surprise transfer in the month of May. That would be 6 possibilities out of 13 .... so next year we can once again here "we are a young team".

It's like Groundhog Day with him .... the excuses never ends.

It was a fitting answer to me. It is truly Groundhog day as you said. I wonder if Crean blames the team for his failures? We will lose half the team from this year somehow and will be in the same boat as always. Roster turnover and youthfulness is what he will sell to us fans for the future.

Who would have been OK with it if you were told in 2008 that it'd take 3 years to become competitive. That finally after 5 years, the B10 record for the next 4 years would be 38-34 (something like that). I doubt anyone would be anything but angry to know that would be the future.

I think a fair number of us might have said "With Crean? Sounds about right . . . ."

When Crean was hired, he said "It's Indiana." Some of us fans said, "It's Tom Crean? From Marquette? Really?".

We got behind the program because that's what fans do. And when some measure of success provided a glimmer of hope that we really could get "back" to blue-blood performance to match the luster of historical blue-blood status, we gave some room to see if the chimera was real. Well some knew better and said so. Others of us have wanted to let it play out . . .

. . . well, it's played out.

Reactions: C_Point
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT