ADVERTISEMENT

QAnon Queen, Rep. Lauren Boebert, ALLEGED to have been a pre-riot Capitol recon tour guide

Except the racists, misogynists, science deniers, incels, religious grifters. pheados and radicalized white christian terrorists .. or should they be included?
Are you saying the Democratic Party isn’t laden with their share of bigots also? Or do they not count...

Reactions: Truth Professor
They should investigate Boebert and if she was found to have conducted malfeasance then take action. I highly doubt she did what she’s being accused of. But I don’t care about her I hope all these Trumpniks are voted out ASAP.

For Dems to act like they don’t have their share of ninnies that don’t belong is hypocritical and something we need to move past. If Biden is truly the leader of the Democratic Party he needs to find a way to approach the Trump fans and not further alienate them.
I don't deny the Dems have a few ninnies. For me, the issue is priorities.

I share your hope that the Trumpniks are voted out ASAP. All those I named above (Gaetz, Greene, McConnell, Flynn, Stone, Manafort, Boebert, Trump, Hawley, Lindell, Gohmert, Jordan) either were abusing the tools of government or were encouraging their officeholding colleagues to do so. Seven of them are still in office. Destroying public faith in government is about the most serious offense there can be. So, that's more important for me to address than last summer's street violence. That's the pressing priority. Without government, we can't get anything else done.

I deplore last summer's street violence, but that was small potatoes compared to Jan. 6. The priority must be to weed out the actors who are disrupting government and institutions and figure out how to foster cooperation between left and right.

I don't deny the Dems have a few ninnies. For me, the issue is priorities.

I share your hope that the Trumpniks are voted out ASAP. All those I named above (Gaetz, Greene, McConnell, Flynn, Stone, Manafort, Boebert, Trump, Hawley, Lindell, Gohmert, Jordan) either were abusing the tools of government or were encouraging their officeholding colleagues to do so. Seven of them are still in office. Destroying public faith in government is about the most serious offense there can be. So, that's more important for me to address than last summer's street violence. That's the pressing priority. Without government, we can't get anything else done.

I deplore last summer's street violence, but that was small potatoes compared to Jan. 6. The priority must be to weed out the actors who are disrupting government and institutions and figure out how to foster cooperation between left and right.
McConnell isn’t a Trumpnik. Is he an a-hole savvy political operator? You betcha but he and Pelosi cancel each other out. He played Trump like a fiddle every day. With respect, there are very likely just as many ninnies on the left in government as there are on the right. Perhaps the Dems just do a better job of hiding them.

You’re wrong on small potatoes of the summer street violence. No small business owners lost their livelihoods and savings at the Capitol, the damage didn’t add up over a billion dollars and several people died in places like CHAZ but the left wing media doesn’t like to showcase that.

What happened at the Capitol is beyond reproach - but the summer wasn’t “better” than it. That’s a very partisan viewpoint. The sooner more people take their jerseys off and the moderates on each side leave the Woke Race Baiters and the Q’s behind, the better off we’ll all be.

McConnell isn’t a Trumpnik. Is he an a-hole savvy political operator? You betcha but he and Pelosi cancel each other out. He played Trump like a fiddle every day. With respect, there are very likely just as many ninnies on the left in government as there are on the right. Perhaps the Dems just do a better job of hiding them.

You’re wrong on small potatoes of the summer street violence. No small business owners lost their livelihoods and savings at the Capitol, the damage didn’t add up over a billion dollars and several people died in places like CHAZ but the left wing media doesn’t like to showcase that.

What happened at the Capitol is beyond reproach - but the summer wasn’t “better” than it. That’s a very partisan viewpoint. The sooner more people take their jerseys off and the moderates on each side leave the Woke Race Baiters and the Q’s behind, the better off we’ll all be.

The difference between the summer riots and the siege of the Capitol is in the objective and the organization. The Capitol siege was intended to overturn the Presidential election. That's unprecedented and exceedingly dangerous for the future of the country. The summer riots were angry outbursts. Counterproductive and locally disastrous. But not threats to democracy that led to military occupation to secure the transition of power.

The difference between the summer riots and the siege of the Capitol is in the objective and the organization. The Capitol siege was intended to overturn the Presidential election. That's unprecedented and exceedingly dangerous for the future of the country. The summer riots were angry outbursts. Counterproductive and locally disastrous. But not threats to democracy that led to military occupation to secure the transition of power.
Were they Really intended to overturn the election or is that the narrative? What is the mechanism for overturning the election? Stealing Pelosi’s laptop?

Meanwhile cops were getting bombarded with rocks. Just as bad. Worse for property owners.

Were they Really intended to overturn the election or is that the narrative? What is the mechanism for overturning the election? Stealing Pelosi’s laptop?

Meanwhile cops were getting bombarded with rocks. Just as bad. Worse for property owners.
Nobody said the mob had any sense. If they did they wouldn't have been there in the first place. But they had a singular purpose, to keep their guy as President.

The real issue is where do we go from here? We can discuss racial justice. Not sure what to do with people who don't think liberals are really Americans.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

What would’ve happened if the Senate members were still in the Senate chambers when the mob entered the room?

They beat on Capital police and managed to kill one, so what makes you think they were coming in peacefully? They entered the Senate chambers to try and stop the confirmation of the electoral vote. No other reason.

So they write their own narrative, and you somehow want to blame the media? Curious what you think their objective was?

You think this was a spur of the moment thing? Was the guy who planted pipe bombs on Jan 5th acting on impulse?

We're not talking about smart people, here. I think they honestly thought if they showed up in large enough numbers, their conspiracy theory would magically come true, and everything from November would be annulled by some...I dunno...higher power, and God or SCOTUS or someone would anoint Trump to continue ruling and save America or whatever.

For the most part. I'm still concerned about that very small handful of people walking around with plastic cuffs and whatnot. They might have had a genuine plan. But most of them, I think, were banking on Providence.

What would’ve happened if the Senate members were still in the Senate chambers when the mob entered the room?

They beat on Capital police and managed to kill one, so what makes you think they were coming in peacefully? They entered the Senate chambers to try and stop the confirmation of the electoral vote. No other reason.
Would not have happened. The police would have gone weapons free on those idiots well before that happened.

Reactions: Spartans9312
We're not talking about smart people, here. I think they honestly thought if they showed up in large enough numbers, their conspiracy theory would magically come true, and everything from November would be annulled by some...I dunno...higher power, and God or SCOTUS or someone would anoint Trump to continue ruling and save America or whatever.

For the most part. I'm still concerned about that very small handful of people walking around with plastic cuffs and whatnot. They might have had a genuine plan. But most of them, I think, were banking on Providence.
Sure. I guess my point is that occupying federal and municipal buildings and vandalizing the everliving hell out of them in Seattle or other cities while bombarding cops with rocks really isn’t “better” or “less bad” than a bunch of basement dwelling cosplayers “storming the castle”. To think so is sheer partisanship.

So they write their own narrative, and you somehow want to blame the media? Curious what you think their objective was?

You think this was a spur of the moment thing? Was the guy who planted pipe bombs on Jan 5th acting on impulse?
I’m not talking about what the goal was. I’m talking about what’s reality. There’s no way they could’ve over turned the election. Period.

Except the nazis, racists, misogynists, science deniers, incels, religious grifters. pheados and radicalized white christian terrorists .. or should they be included?
This non stop shit that Trumpkins need to be approached, or worked with, or whatever is getting tiresome. These people don’t need to be brought in for shit. They need to be marginalized as much as possible. This both sides shit isn’t getting old, it’s been old. Comparing any issues Dems have with the issues the cons have is akin to someone with hangover saying to a cancer patient “ well I don’t feel good either”.

I’m not talking about what the goal was. I’m talking about what’s reality. There’s no way they could’ve over turned the election. Period.
While I generally agree with you, There were thousands of people there. If they were TRULY determined to die for the cause of going in there and murdering Pence / Liberals, even police with guns would not have stopped them. The cops could have taken out 200 of them, but the other 1800 would have ripped them to shreds.
It is highly unlikely, and the odds that the wave would have balked when the bodies started dropping is high, but we also still don't know what percentage of that crowd was armed.

It could have been alot lot worse.

While I generally agree with you, There were thousands of people there. If they were TRULY determined to die for the cause of going in there and murdering Pence / Liberals, even police with guns would not have stopped them. The cops could have taken out 200 of them, but the other 1800 would have ripped them to shreds.
It is highly unlikely, and the odds that the wave would have balked when the bodies started dropping is high, but we also still don't know what percentage of that crowd was armed.

It could have been alot lot worse.
Everybody’s a tough guy until bullets start flying. That’s true of unarmed Q’s and armed LARPers. The Capitol police would have had a tremendous advantage inside of the Capitol both from a sectors of fire perspective down narrow hallways but also them knowing their home turf. I would also be beyond shocked if there isn’t an armory in that building or very nearby that would give the Capitol police the weaponry to gun down as many nincompoops as they would’ve had to in order to end the threat.

Whatever cops were on hand that day could’ve killed each and every one of the rioters well before they got near Pence.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Everybody’s a tough guy until bullets start flying. That’s true of unarmed Q’s and armed LARPers. The Capitol police would have had a tremendous advantage inside of the Capitol both from a sectors of fire perspective down narrow hallways but also them knowing their home turf. I would also be beyond shocked if there isn’t an armory in that building or very nearby that would give the Capitol police the weaponry to gun down as many nincompoops as they would’ve had to in order to end the threat.

Whatever cops were on hand that day could’ve killed each and every one of the rioters well before they got near Pence.
To your point, and allowing that I'm not entirely certain of the timelines, but once the one person was shot trying to breach a door - that probably ended the fantasy of storming that building for anybody thinking doing so would be feasible or a good idea. It was out on social media PDQ

To your point, and allowing that I'm not entirely certain of the timelines, but once the one person was shot trying to breach a door - that probably ended the fantasy of storming that building for anybody thinking doing so would be feasible or a good idea. It was out on social media PDQ
It would be a one way shooting range at that point and the Cap Police are on their home turf. After the first couple rioters got hit it’d be over.

This is the biggest point and difference in my opinion. The summer riots were rooting in frustration over cops killing black people. The Capitol riot happened because of Trump's made up voter fraud.

I'm not condoning violence in any case, but frustration over police brutality is at understandable. Being upset that Trump lost and that he won't stop whining about non-existent voter fraud is stupid and whiny.

This is the biggest point and difference in my opinion. The summer riots were rooting in frustration over cops killing black people. The Capitol riot happened because of Trump's made up voter fraud.

I'm not condoning violence in any case, but frustration over police brutality is at understandable. Being upset that Trump lost and that he won't stop whining about non-existent voter fraud is stupid and whiny.
The summer riots are still predicated on a controversial subject - whether or not there is systemic racism in AA deaths at the hands of police. Many people simply accept this to be true because the media compels them to believe it is true despite evidence and statistics that at least should lead to a rational discussion. Rather than discuss, they instead destroyed lives and livelihoods.

The Democratic push to make the Capitol “worse” is pathetic and not a start towards unification. All of the violent rioting is abhorrent. Period. Yes Trump is an idiot. Yes I’m glad he’s gone. No, the Capitol isn’t “worse.” Especially if you’ve had to shutter your business (due to damage or due to no longer being able to afford your insurance premiums which have skyrocketed) or if you’re David Dorn’s family member.

You’ll get nowhere fast with me if you put the BLM riots ahead of the Capitol by some unprovable virtue.

edit: I’m as frustrated as anybody with cops killing anybody when bad policing is involved. Floyd and Taylor was bad policing. So was the dude they executed in a hallway, so are the countless other people of all races that cops have killed from choke holds. It doesn’t mean I’m going to destroy businesses.

The summer riots are still predicated on a controversial subject - whether or not there is systemic racism in AA deaths at the hands of police. Many people simply accept this to be true because the media compels them to believe it is true despite evidence and statistics that at least should lead to a rational discussion. Rather than discuss, they instead destroyed lives and livelihoods.

The Democratic push to make the Capitol “worse” is pathetic and not a start towards unification. All of the violent rioting is abhorrent. Period. Yes Trump is an idiot. Yes I’m glad he’s gone. No, the Capitol isn’t “worse.” Especially if you’ve had to shutter your business (due to damage or due to no longer being able to afford your insurance premiums which have skyrocketed) or if you’re David Dorn’s family member.

You’ll get nowhere fast with me if you put the BLM riots ahead of the Capitol by some unprovable virtue.

edit: I’m as frustrated as anybody with cops killing anybody when bad policing is involved. Floyd and Taylor was bad policing. So was the dude they executed in a hallway, so are the countless other people of all races that cops have killed from choke holds. It doesn’t mean I’m going to destroy businesses.
I've not seen Democrats saying the Capitol attack was worse. Just that it was incited by the President and his party.

There are plenty of Democrats on this forum who are saying it, some overtly some more nuanced but saying it loudly and clearly.
More Ds responding to Rs saying the summer was just as bad or worse. The response turns into the usual pigsty back and forth.

I've not seen Democrats saying the Capitol attack was worse. Just that it was incited by the President and his party.
Trumpers create a strawman, then torch it. They cannot find any posts by anybody on here, or any member of the Biden administration, saying that looting and violence in inner cities was all all hunky dory, or that it all amounted to nothing, compared to Jan 6th. They may point to a few real differences cited, such as Jan 6th being actually a planned attack on constitutional government, but otherwise they will just make shit up, Kaleigh-style.

Rather than discuss, they instead destroyed lives and livelihoods.
Obviously the destruction was not “instead of discuss.” What discussion, guy? Wake up or at least open one eye ever so slightly.

What we have are two basic events: 1) some people doing bad things in society and 2) violent mob reaction.

Example 1: There is a pattern of certain police officers killing Black people and not being held accountable. And this eventually leads to mass protest which leads to violence.

Example 2: President Trump and his cronies fabricate a provocative narrative about the election being stolen and incites large numbers of his followers to fight, whatever that supposed to mean. And this eventually leads to mass protest which leads to violence.

What Ds here on the board are attempting to assert is that the motivating force of the mob hysteria was based on justified grievances in one case and imaginary grievances in the other.

It’s the Rs here who feel compelled to even make the comparison between the two mob events. Perhaps to distract from the truth of the root cause of both protests.

The Democratic push to make the Capitol “worse” is pathetic and not a start towards unification.

You’re focused on mob hysteria. Hysteria is hysterical. The only civilizing force to calm mob hysteria is to prevent the instigating factors. Namely, good cops having bad cops’ backs in one case and in the other case, white supremacy and lunatic politicians.

Obviously the destruction was not “instead of discuss.” What discussion, guy? Wake up or at least open one eye ever so slightly.

What we have are two basic events: 1) some people doing bad things in society and 2) violent mob reaction.

Example 1: There is a pattern of certain police officers killing Black people and not being held accountable. The summer riots are still predicated on a controversial subject - whether or not there is systemic racism in AA deaths at the hands of police. Many people simply accept this to be true because the media compels them to believe it is true despite evidence and statistics that at least should lead to a rational discussion. And this eventually leads to mass protest which leads to violence.

Example 2: President Trump and his cronies fabricate a provocative narrative about the election being stolen and insights large numbers of his followers to fight, whatever that supposed to mean. And this eventually leads to mass protest which leads to violence.

What Ds here on the board are attempting to assert is that the motivating force of the mob hysteria was based on justified grievances in one case and imaginary grievances in the other.

It’s the Rs here who feel compelled to even make the comparison between the two mob events. Perhaps to distract from the truth of the root cause of both protests.

You’re focused on mob hysteria. Hysteria is hysterical. The only civilizing force to calm mob hysteria is to prevent the instigating factors. Namely, good cops having bad cops’ backs in one case and in the other case, white supremacy and lunatic politicians.
He has you on ignore. He’s smart.

Trumpers create a strawman, then torch it. They cannot find any posts by anybody on here, or any member of the Biden administration, saying that looting and violence in inner cities was all all hunky dory, or that it all amounted to nothing, compared to Jan 6th.
I'm still completely dumbfounded by the need for people on both sides to somehow think the summer riots and the Capital attack are even comparable. What does one have to do with another? Absolutely nothing.

I think the need to compare the two started with those who claimed that if the Capital attackers had been black they would have been mowed down. That opened the floodgates to the comparison arguments.

I'm still completely dumbfounded by the need for people on both sides to somehow think the summer riots and the Capital attack are even comparable. What does one have to do with another? Absolutely nothing.

I think the need to compare the two started with those who claimed that if the Capital attackers had been black they would have been mowed down. That opened the floodgates to the comparison arguments.
Selective partisan outrage. That’s all. Like most things just a matter of opinion.

Example 1: There is a pattern of certain police officers killing Black people and not being held accountable. And this eventually leads to mass protest which leads to violence.

Example 2: President Trump and his cronies fabricate a provocative narrative about the election being stolen and insights large numbers of his followers to fight, whatever that supposed to mean. And this eventually leads to mass protest which leads to violence.

One group was marching over disparit treatment by the police and in some instances committing acts that they should be charged with. The other group wanted overthrow the US government. Both should receive the appropriate punishment. Jail time for some, execution for others.

Trumpers create a strawman, then torch it. They cannot find any posts by anybody on here, or any member of the Biden administration, saying that looting and violence in inner cities was all all hunky dory, or that it all amounted to nothing, compared to Jan 6th. They may point to a few real differences cited, such as Jan 6th being actually a planned attack on constitutional government, but otherwise they will just make shit up, Kaleigh-style.
THERE ARE POSTS IN THIS VERY THREAD EXPLAINING WHY THE CAPITOL ATTACK IS WORSE.

or haven’t you read those

Reactions: Truth Professor
There are plenty of Democrats on this forum who are saying it, some overtly some more nuanced but saying it loudly and clearly.
With all due respect to my fellow posters, they're not the first folks that come to my mind when someone references a "Democratic push" to make one more significant.

Most of what I read here is people saying there were important differences. Like that the man most responsible for the attack on the Capitol also happened to be the President.

Yes, the personal tragedies were terribly similar. Maybe if Nancy Pelosi did a bus tour encouraging BLM to go to City Hall and "fight like hell to take back your city" they would also have been similar at the political party involvement scale.

THERE ARE POSTS IN THIS VERY THREAD EXPLAINING WHY THE CAPITOL ATTACK IS WORSE.

or haven’t you read those
Someone needs tell to this poor soul, “Ranger, I got your point,” or he might still be ranting about the true equivalence of the two protests 30 years from now on his death bed.

Someone needs tell to this poor soul, “Ranger, I got your point,” or he might still be ranting about the true equivalence of the two protests 30 years from now on his death bed.

The equivalence or lack thereof is irrelevant to the fact that one set of individuals causing deadly violence is being appropriately investigated and prosecuted amid 24/7 coverage while the other set of individuals causing deadly violence were condemned in sound bites as necessary.

Everybody is protecting "their team" while pointing to the "other team"

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It’s emblematic of the lefts moral authority complex that they seem to think protesting police shootings based on a faulty narrative is more righteous than protesting an election based on a faulty narrative.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It’s emblematic of the right's ridiculous moral authority complex that they love to make up crap about how the left just loved inner city rioters all last summer (they didn't), yet now they have no desire to "just move on" after a violent attack on our own government, arranged and prompted by criminal elements within our own government, lying about an election.

It’s emblematic of the right's ridiculous moral authority complex that they love to make up crap about how the left just loved inner city rioters all last summer (they didn't), yet now they have no desire to "just move on" after a violent attack on our own government, arranged and prompted by criminal elements within our own government, lying about an election.
Maybe some people are saying that but that’s not my point. My point is that the concerted effort of the media and Left to make the Capitol riots somehow “worse” than the summer riots is absurd and furthering the divide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT