ADVERTISEMENT

Putin

Jesus Christ. Are you from Russia or something? It would explain your very pro Russian propaganda you're spouting.

The Ukrainian people hate Russia. Have for a very long time. Way before 2014. They rejected the former regime becoming closer to Moscow. They like the west and wanted to be allies of ours. We didn't start a god damned thing there. Certainly didn't stop it though. And we'll help finish it.
I actually support Ukraine more than you do seeing as I'm advocating for them to retain what's left of their 18-45 year old male population that hasn't been killed or maimed. You have your facts wrong, from 2010-2013 pro-Russian support stood at about 40%. Prior to February 2022 that number stood at 20% and was highly regionalized. Most of those regions are now controlled by Russia.

Why does your support for Ukraine manifest in advocating for the extermination of it's youth? Now seems a great time to sue for peace and freezing the lines of control. The U.S. should leverage Ukraine's dependence of our dollars to force them to.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Any Ukraine assistance from here on out should be metered out in small installments (closer to 5 billion than 60 billion) while we lean on Zelensky to agree to an armistice and freeze the lines of control.
Mr. Chamberlain?

Mr. Chamberlain?
If Vlad gets to keep his territorial gains in Ukraine, it might embolden him to move on a NATO country. If that were to happen, we would be obligated to provide defensive support.

The irony of course being that we’ve far surpassed what would be required of us under NATO obligations already in our support of Ukraine.

Of course the whole premise is bunk. Russia isn’t attacking a NATO country, never ever. Which is why they moved on Ukraine when they did.

The irony of course being that we’ve far surpassed what would be required of us under NATO obligations already in our support of Ukraine.
Um, we aren't directly attacking Russia nor are American troops defending Ukraine. So, we're not even close to what would be required of us under our NATO obligation.

To an extent, I can ponder your assertion that NATO/America's insistence on securing the alliance of the former Soviet republics post cold war has caused unrest and possibly this entire conflagration.

I also think Russia would back down if we showed our hackles in any real way. My bigger concern is their possible alliance with China. However, I think China views them with the same sort of disdain and distrust the rest of the world does.

Um, we aren't directly attacking Russia nor are American troops defending Ukraine. So, we're not even close to what would be required of us under our NATO obligation.

To an extent, I can ponder your assertion that NATO/America's insistence on securing the alliance of the former Soviet republics post cold war has caused unrest and possibly this entire conflagration.

I also think Russia would back down if we showed our hackles in any real way. My bigger concern is their possible alliance with China. However, I think China views them with the same sort of disdain and distrust the rest of the world does.
We are actually not required to send service people to a conflict zone under NATO. A common misconception.

I no longer believe American interests are served by a continuation of the the Ukraine conflict. “**** Russia”. Nice. Nuanced.

Any Ukraine assistance from here on out should be metered out in small installments (closer to 5 billion than 60 billion) while we lean on Zelensky to agree to an armistice and freeze the lines of control.
That's not what I was replying to in your post. You were trying to make some comparison between current day Ukraine and 1960s, JFK era Cuba.

China views Russia as a consumer. As do they us. I don't think China seriously wants anything to do with a directly involved war. They do like the profits from the others out in the world though. As do Haliburton and Boeing.

Reactions: larsIU
I suspect the reason is that Tucker will give him an opportunity to explain in detail the decades of NATO provocation after the fall of Soviet Union that inevitably pushed him (Putin) into a corner.

But if you want some empty suit to browbeat Putin over how invading Ukraine was bad (gee, how incisive), no that is probably not what this interview will be.

Will he ask him about Evan Gershkovich? Or will it just be the usual Putin knob slobbering we've come to expect from little Tuck?

Reactions: Spartans9312
Good glad he did.
If you want to watch the interview go to Tuckercarlson.com. It has time stamps and you can skip Putin rambling. I watched a half hour of it and it was interesting. Putin rambled on and didn’t make sense at times, but you got a feel for how he is. Carlson did a decent job of pushing back at times, considering he was in Russia and Putin is half crazy.

Last edited:
If you want to watch the interview go to Tuckercarlson.com. It has time stamps and you can skip Putin rambling. I watched a half hour of it and it was interesting. Putin rambled on and didn’t make sense at times, but you got a feel for how he is. Carlson did a decent job of pushing back at times, considering he was in Russia and Putin is half crazy.
“Half?”

He’s 4/3rds crazy . . .

Reactions: All4You
What regime change? The CIA backed Maidan revolution causing the ouster of Yanukovych. You know, the duly elected president who was delicately trying to balance modernization and westernization with Ukraine's inextricable ties to Russia.

Part of being an adult mrhighlife is that you learn just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. We can pour billions of security assistance into Ukraine and over throw duly elected presidents. But should we?

With the benefit of hindsight I think its clear we shouldn't have.

it's tough for folks to process that we had a big part in the current Ukraine war. we didn't move into Eastern Europe heavily after the fall of the USSR just because we love democracy (we do but usually just when it's convenient for us). it was a strategic decision to box in the remnants of Russia and it was relatively cheap to do so. the miscalculation was in how fast and strong Russia would come back. proves again they can be knocked down but not out.

Reactions: larsIU
LOL what? So if Argentina asks for US missle defense systems, Brazil should proactively go and attack Uruguay?

Brazil might not invade Argentina because the sale of one missile defense system but many interactions like that over time would cause Brazil to reassess their strategic position. and like Russia, Brazil might someday decide the only path to security is proactivity. The US has been on the business end of this before, as noted above.

A regional rival adding a super power as a partner/ benefactor is cause to become insecure and insecure nations start wars.

Last edited:
it's tough for folks to process that we had a big part in the current Ukraine war. we didn't move into Eastern Europe heavily after the fall of the USSR just because we love democracy (we do but usually just when it's convenient for us). it was a strategic decision to box in the remnants of Russia and it was relatively cheap to do so. the miscalculation was in how fast and strong Russia would come back. proves again they can be knocked down but not out.
If we do not help Ukraine, there would be nothing stopping putin, He could attack Poland,France ,the Balkan states. trump wants us out of Nato. There would be nothing stopping putin from attacking Europe. He would become another Hitler whom trump loves. Ukraine with the help of trump and the gop would be no more. The gop do not want to protect the border , they just want trump to win.

So this is not Article 5?

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.
You're reading that incorrectly if you think it explicitly requires sending troops into a combat zone.

You're reading that incorrectly if you think it explicitly requires sending troops into a combat zone.
There is the exact wording, which only requires us to do what we think is necessary.

There is practicality, if Poland is attacked and the US does virtually nothing to keep a whole Poland, NATO disintegrates. No other country has reason to trust us.

Not they have any reason to trust us now by the looks of things.

Reactions: manichi
There is the exact wording, which only requires us to do what we think is necessary.

There is practicality, if Poland is attacked and the US does virtually nothing to keep a whole Poland, NATO disintegrates. No other country has reason to trust us.

Not they have any reason to trust us now by the looks of things.
Okay, but if Poland was attacked and we sent them 100 billion in military hardware, no one would be able to accuse us of doing "virtually nothing" or not meeting our responsibility. Which was my original point.

We're already meeting a would be NATO obligation in Ukraine so the "Putin will go after NATO next" talking point doesn't wash.

If we do not help Ukraine, there would be nothing stopping putin, He could attack Poland,France ,the Balkan states. trump wants us out of Nato. There would be nothing stopping putin from attacking Europe. He would become another Hitler whom trump loves. Ukraine with the help of trump and the gop would be no more. The gop do not want to protect the border , they just want trump to win.

agree, I think we should help Ukraine. my point was just that the US getting too deeply tied into Ukraine, regardless of where we think that was a good or bad approach, helped lead to this war. that can't be disputed.

I also don't think MAGA wants Ukraine to disappear. I just think it's a populist way of viewing the world. also, but not inconsequential, is that Trump has a soft spot for leaders who play rough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willdog7
Dang, scrolling this thread,
Baller, highlife and Bloom.
Did I walk into a gay bi trans event worshiping Putin?
Shots of total confusion for everybody!

Still am quite astonished how Putin became a far right hero. Patriots loving Putin, evangelicals loving Trump....just goes to show you that being a great liar can work.
Putin is rich, ultra conservative, a nationalist, a misogynist, anti-LGBTQ, white, and a racist. Sounds like a typical average normal Trumpublican to me.

Plus he's trained in foreign intel and psy-ops by the KGB ... where he spent 2 decades. Considering how susceptible that wing of the GOP is to social engineering and propaganda... I'm not astonished at all.

Reactions: cosmickid

trump wants to pull out of NATO.

Posters like bowlmania who were giddy over tucker being canned now are not so happy. This interview would never have happened at all period without him getting canned it would not have been allowed. Karma is a bitch and it was pretty dumb to can him cause now he is unleashed big time . I knew this would happen but the bowlmania crowd thought they had cancelled tucker.
Well you got Mas's seal of approval, so Congrats?

Meanwhile mrhighlife just took your lunch...
Do you think Tucker will ask Putin about the war crimes he is guilty of? Or the numerous political rivals and journalist that he has had executed? Or all the LBGT people being killed and jailed in Russia right now?

If he doesn't ask those questions and several others in the same vain then Tucker is just a pandering stooge. And if you applaud a pandering stooge for platforming a tyrannical genocidal dictator than you should move to Russia or NK. You would like it there. I'm not kidding.
This interview would never have happened at all period without him getting canned it would not have been allowed. Karma is a bitch and it was pretty dumb to can him cause now he is unleashed big time .
And this wife of someone who dared to criticize Putin's war should cause you (and Tuck Tuck) to be ashamed of yourselves for granting a murderer like Putin any semblance of legitimacy...

Vlad loves "useful idiots"...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT