ADVERTISEMENT

Putin

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
Posters like bowlmania who were giddy over tucker being canned now are not so happy. This interview would never have happened at all period without him getting canned it would not have been allowed. Karma is a bitch and it was pretty dumb to can him cause now he is unleashed big time . I knew this would happen but the bowlmania crowd thought they had cancelled tucker.

Posters like bowlmania who were giddy over tucker being canned now are not so happy. This interview would never have happened at all period without him getting canned it would not have been allowed. Karma is a bitch and it was pretty dumb to can him cause now he is unleashed big time . I knew this would happen but the bowlmania crowd thought they had cancelled tucker.
Tucker Putin?

Yeah Tucker went from spewing poison every night on primetime on a major network to a massive audience to now being banished to the far right crazy fringe interviewing Alex Jones and Catturd.

Drink those liberal tears, you really showed us!

Still am quite astonished how Putin became a far right hero. Patriots loving Putin, evangelicals loving Trump....just goes to show you that being a great liar can work.

Yeah Tucker went from spewing poison every night on primetime on a major network to a massive audience to now being banished to the far right crazy fringe interviewing Alex Jones and Catturd.

Drink those liberal tears, you really showed us!

Still am quite astonished how Putin became a far right hero. Patriots loving Putin, evangelicals loving Trump....just goes to show you that being a great liar can work.
This is a rather disingenuous post. The idea that Tucker’s notoriety, viewership or ability to book guests has at all been hurt since he’s moved independent is a falsehood.

This is a rather disingenuous post. The idea that Tucker’s notoriety, viewership or ability to book guests has at all been hurt since he’s moved independent is a falsehood.

lol. no more disingenuous than the OP

Putin is allowing Tucker to interview him for a reason...highly doubt that reason is because he is such an awesome journalist with high moral standards lmao.

lol. no more disingenuous than the OP

Putin is allowing Tucker to interview him for a reason...highly doubt that reason is because he is such an awesome journalist with high moral standards lmao.
I suspect the reason is that Tucker will give him an opportunity to explain in detail the decades of NATO provocation after the fall of Soviet Union that inevitably pushed him (Putin) into a corner.

But if you want some empty suit to browbeat Putin over how invading Ukraine was bad (gee, how incisive), no that is probably not what this interview will be.

I suspect the reason is that Tucker will give him an opportunity to explain in detail the decades of NATO provocation after the fall of Soviet Union that inevitably pushed him (Putin) into a corner.

But if you want some empty suit to browbeat Putin over how invading Ukraine was bad (gee, how incisive), no that is probably not what this interview will be.

Never said that I thought anyone was going to go in and chide Putin for invading Ukraine (not that Tucker had the balls for that anyway). But pretending this legitimizes Tucker as a journalist is laughable. He is still the same lying nutbag he was at Fox.

Never said that I thought anyone was going to go in and chide Putin for invading Ukraine (not that Tucker had the balls for that anyway). But pretending this legitimizes Tucker as a journalist is laughable. He is still the same lying nutbag he was at Fox.
Who do you consider to be real journalists in this country? I'm genuinely curious if you can name a few.

so, you're a Tucker Carlson fan. reality is not a bad thing; you have nothing to fear.

You can read our relationship with Russia post Cold War at the link below. Seems like we were always trying to destroy them with things like;

January 1992: Conference on Assistance to the New Independent States
The United States hosted a Coordinating Conference on Assistance to the New Independent States on January 22 and 23, 1992. Representatives of 47 countries and 5 international financial institutions attended. President Bush proposed that Congress approve an additional $645 million in technical and humanitarian aid to the CIS. Secretary of State Baker announced that an emergency airlift of food and medicine to the former Soviet republics would begin on February 10.

January-February 1992: Yeltsin's Visit to the United States
President Yeltsin's first visit to the United States after the dissolution of the Soviet Union was to attend the first summit meeting of UN Security Council members, in January 1992. President Yeltsin then met with President Bush at Camp David. They agreed to continue strategic arms reductions and to cooperate on arms sales, nonproliferation, and ballistic missile defense. President Bush promised to support Russia's admission to the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. The Presidents announced that an emergency program of humanitarian aid to the former Soviet Republics would begin on February 10. They issued a joint declaration proclaiming that "Russia and the United States do not regard each other as potential adversaries.

The United States pledged $4.5 billion as a share of a $24 billion international program to support economic reform in Russia, as well as additional credit guarantees and technical assistance. Economic cooperation would be enhanced by a U.S.-Russian Trade Agreement, bilateral investment and taxation treaties, and an Overseas Private Investment Corporation investment incentive agreement.

April 1993: Vancouver Summit
President Clinton held his first summit meeting with President Yeltsin in Vancouver, Canada, in April 1993. The two Presidents issued the Vancouver Declaration reaffirming U.S.-Russian commitments to cooperate "to promote democracy, security, and peace." The United States pledged $1.6 billion in additional aid to Russia. Areas covered included humanitarian aid, private sector development, promotion of democracy, energy development, environmental protection, resettlement of former Soviet officers, promotion of trade and investment, and assistance in nuclear arms reduction. The leaders scheduled further discussion of international aid to Russia at the April 14-15 meeting of the G-7 Foreign and Finance Ministers in Tokyo.

Man, what a ruthless invasion we launched. After Yeltsin came a new guy who viewed us as the enemy, I wonder if that had anything to do with all the above going away?

. I knew this would happen
Too easy but someone has to do it. I’m amazed you still post every so often as if no one remembers how you made an absolute fool of yourself here three years ago. You truly can’t predict anything Bailey.

• Love
Reactions: cosmickid
BE afraid of Tucker, Be afraid of Putin, Be afraid of the gop, Be afraid of trump who is buddies with P utin. If Ukraine do not gut the funds. Putin will takeover the country. trump likes Dictators,whats to say or keep Putin from attacking Poland or other Baltic countries. Trump wants to get out of NATO there will be nothing or no one to stop Putin, shame on you trump and the gop. We can not let trump win in 2024. Our Democracy depends on it. The gop claims they do not want to give UKraine support till we protect our southern borders in which they will not do. They do not ant the borders close tying up both country and states. THE gop is a do nothing caucus. They are trump puppets.

In other words, the ones that agree with how you see things.

No, that is not what I said. Read again and respond to what was said.

Are you denying that Tucker was flat out lying at Fox News? He was even caught on tape saying stuff that was the exact opposite of what he was saying on air. So nope, it is not just about disagreeing with his political opinion.

Nice try.

Do you think Tucker will ask Putin about the war crimes he is guilty of? Or the numerous political rivals and journalist that he has had executed? Or all the LBGT people being killed and jailed in Russia right now?

If he doesn't ask those questions and several others in the same vain then Tucker is just a pandering stooge. And if you applaud a pandering stooge for platforming a tyrannical genocidal dictator than you should move to Russia or NK. You would like it there. I'm not kidding.

Jesus Christ. F-ck Russia. Anyone who wants to join NATO can because again f-ck Russia. That's the stance of The United States of America now and should be forever. **** em.

Shouldn't you wait until you see the interview first before you take a victory lap?

Regardless of what you think of those wishing for Carlson to be irrelevant, I'm not sure the victory lap is that Putin gets to come off as a sympathetic character to an American audience. Do you really think Tucker is going to press Putin on any topic?

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Why give him a platform to positively spin his reign?

How many political opponents of his have either died of 'food poisoning' fell out of windows, are indefinitely jailed or had their planes mysteriously crash? How much hard evidence and data do we have that Russia interfered with our 2016 presidential election? How many Ukrainians are happy that Russia is invading their country and killing their fellow citizens?

I'd be surprised if this interview is anything more than some glad handing puff piece that, as you say, gives Putin a chance to "explain" his side of things. I'm sure after after this Tucker interview we'll all just think Putin is a misunderstood, swell guy. Actually, I'm sure that sentiment will pervade the right wing media.

• Love
Reactions: Bill4411
Jesus Christ. F-ck Russia. Anyone who wants to join NATO can because again f-ck Russia. That's the stance of The United States of America now and should be forever. **** em.
What would the stance of America be if Russia wanted to form a military alliance with an island country 90 miles of the American coast?

Scratch that, what WAS the stance of America when Russia tried to form a military alliance with said country?

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Shouldn't you wait until you see the interview first before you take a victory lap?

Regardless of what you think of those wishing for Carlson to be irrelevant, I'm not sure the victory lap is that Putin gets to come off as a sympathetic character to an American audience. Do you really think Tucker is going to press Putin on any topic?
I've already shared my thoughts on this, but to your point we all should wait until after the interview to judge. That said, I would be completely shocked if this was anything but a puff piece. I have a hard time believing that Putin would agree to a no-holds barred interview. I also have a hard time believing Tucker has any interest in actually grilling him on anything whatsoever.

If I'm wrong and anyone reading this wants to bring this post up to make me eat crow, be my guest. I don't think I'll have to worry about that though.

What would the stance of America be if Russia wanted to form a military alliance with an island country 90 miles of the American coast?

Scratch that, what WAS the stance of America when Russia tried to form a military alliance with said country?
**** Russia would be the stance

Maybe I missed a memo, but aren't we supposed to be rooting for America and American interests?

Reactions: mrhighlife
**** Russia would be the stance

Maybe I missed a memo, but aren't we supposed to be rooting for America and American interests?
I no longer believe American interests are served by a continuation of the the Ukraine conflict. “**** Russia”. Nice. Nuanced.

Any Ukraine assistance from here on out should be metered out in small installments (closer to 5 billion than 60 billion) while we lean on Zelensky to agree to an armistice and freeze the lines of control.

I've already shared my thoughts on this, but to your point we all should wait until after the interview to judge. That said, I would be completely shocked if this was anything but a puff piece. I have a hard time believing that Putin would agree to a no-holds barred interview. I also have a hard time believing Tucker has any interest in actually grilling him on anything whatsoever.

If I'm wrong and anyone reading this wants to bring this post up to make me eat crow, be my guest. I don't think I'll have to worry about that though.
I'm not sure what they're happy about. A poster being wrong or Putin getting his just due to an American audience.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

We don't have a modern history of trying to occupy neighboring countries and exploit them for labor and resources. We can debate the notions of regime change and occupying another country, but Putin isn't much different right now than Hitler of the late 1930's.

America's response was keeping Soviet ships from crossing a line. We didn't spend 16 months shelling Cuba.

We don't have a modern history of trying to occupy neighboring countries and exploit them for labor and resources. We can debate the notions of regime change and occupying another country, but Putin isn't much different right now than Hitler of the late 1930's.

America's response was keeping Soviet ships from crossing a line. We didn't spend 16 months shelling Cuba.
Semantics. The American position was that Russian weapons in Cuba was a red line and completely unacceptable. I agree whole heartedly. As far back as 2008 Russia made it known that Ukraine and Georgia in NATO was a redline and unacceptable. Also completely understandable.

NATO pushed and pushed and pushed, and now we have a quagmire of of NATO's own making.

Semantics. The American position was that Russian weapons in Cuba was a red line and completely unacceptable. I agree whole heartedly. As far back as 2008 Russia made it known that Ukraine and Georgia in NATO was a redline and unacceptable. Also completely understandable.

NATO pushed and pushed and pushed, and now we have a quagmire of of NATO's own making.
Far from semantics.

You want to ignore the death and destruction caused by Russia in the Ukraine, go for it.

Except Cuba wasn't an ally of ours at the time. Georgia and Ukraine are independent nations who are allies of ours.

Reactions: Bill4411
No, that is not what I said. Read again and respond to what was said.

Are you denying that Tucker was flat out lying at Fox News? He was even caught on tape saying stuff that was the exact opposite of what he was saying on air. So nope, it is not just about disagreeing with his political opinion.

Nice try.
I've never watched Tucker so I have no idea what he said or didn't say. I don't watch any of those talk shows.... would rather watch paint dry than watch them.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Far from semantics.

You want to ignore the death and destruction caused by Russia in the Ukraine, go for it.
The Russian- Ukraine war has been going on since the U.S. instigated the Maidan revolution in 2014. You want to ignore all context and the decades of flashing red lights that the U.S. and NATO ran through to start said conflict.

Sadly the conflict we see in Ukraine today is just another manifestation of the ignorant and amoral Obama/ Biden foreign policy.

I no longer believe American interests are served by a continuation of the the Ukraine conflict. “**** Russia”. Nice. Nuanced.

Any Ukraine assistance from here on out should be metered out in small installments (closer to 5 billion than 60 billion) while we lean on Zelensky to agree to an armistice and freeze the lines of control.

It's not nuanced. Doesn't need to be. It's pretty straight forward. Putins regime has never been or wanted to be an ally of the west. He wants the return of the USSR. It's pretty common on knowledge. He can do what he wants inside his own country but he can't start invading our allies unchecked.

It's not nuanced. Doesn't need to be. It's pretty straight forward. Putins regime has never been or wanted to be an ally of the west. He wants the return of the USSR. It's pretty common on knowledge. He can do what he wants inside his own country but he can't start invading our allies unchecked.
And the U.S. can't start regime changes any and everywhere and move military alliances up to any border they wish and expect no consequences.

And the U.S. can't start regime changes any and everywhere and move military alliances up to any border they wish and expect no consequences.
What regime changes that would concern Russia are you talking about?

And yes we can if our allies want it. They are sovereign nations and our ALLIES. You know what that means, right?

Ok commrade. Where's Joseph Mccarthy when you need him?

LOL what? So if Argentina asks for US missle defense systems, Brazil should proactively go and attack Uruguay?

What regime changes that would concern Russia are you talking about?

And yes we can if our allies want it. They are sovereign nations and our ALLIES. You know what that means, right?
What regime change? The CIA backed Maidan revolution causing the ouster of Yanukovych. You know, the duly elected president who was delicately trying to balance modernization and westernization with Ukraine's inextricable ties to Russia.

Part of being an adult mrhighlife is that you learn just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. We can pour billions of security assistance into Ukraine and over throw duly elected presidents. But should we?

With the benefit of hindsight I think its clear we shouldn't have.

What regime change? The CIA backed Maidan revolution causing the ouster of Yanukovych. You know, the duly elected president who was delicately trying to balance modernization and westernization with Ukraine's inextricable ties to Russia.

Part of being an adult mrhighlife is that you learn just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. We can pour billions of security assistance into Ukraine and over throw duly elected presidents. But should we?

With the benefit of hindsight I think its clear we shouldn't have.
Jesus Christ. Are you from Russia or something? It would explain your very pro Russian propaganda you're spouting.

The Ukrainian people hate Russia. Have for a very long time. Way before 2014. They rejected the former regime becoming closer to Moscow. They like the west and wanted to be allies of ours. We didn't start a god damned thing there. Certainly didn't stop it though. And we'll help finish it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT