ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue might try to send Taylor back….

You kidding Clark?
He transferred to his school’s state rival. No love lost either way. He abandoned IU after a tough year.
I agree and have no clue why he did. Maybe he felt the wheels were coming off the bus. Sure seemed like it last year. Anyways, I hold no grudge let's just see what we put out on the field this year.

The ncaa created this bullshit transfer, nil sh*t. It's not the kids fault and everyone is doing it. Just saying

I agree and have no clue why he did. Maybe he felt the wheels were coming off the bus. Sure seemed like it last year. Anyways, I hold no grudge let's just see what we put out on the field this year.

The ncaa created this bullshit transfer, nil sh*t. It's not the kids fault and everyone is doing it. Just saying
That’s fair.
He’s not Purdue’s starting corner in reality. There is an injury there in that group and Reese is really 2nd string. In the end anyway. He’ll get minutes, just like at IU, but there are others starting in front of him.

Didn't say he didn't do good things for us. If he were still on the roster I would say the same thing, I would start Williams over him. He would be great to have as a third corner in passing situations. Also nice false dichotomy, acting as if covering the guy without needing to commit a penalty isn't an option. He had a bad night, if you think he didn't I'm not sure what game you were watching. And really, what do you expect? The guy leaves for flipping Purdue and you think everybody is just gonna pat him on the head and say wow that was a tremendous decision, thanks for ditching us all for our arch-rival, we feel great about this! Please.

That’s fair.
He’s not Purdue’s starting corner in reality. There is an injury there in that group and Reese is really 2nd string. In the end anyway. He’ll get minutes, just like at IU, but there are others starting in front of him.
Reese smoked under Wommack
He was all over the field and knew the defense well. Sacks, breakups and overall a good corner. Too bad.

Anyways, I hope we're not a deer in headlights tomorrow. Our OC is against the wall and Allen calling the defense gives me hope.

Didn't say he didn't do good things for us. If he were still on the roster I would say the same thing, I would start Williams over him. He would be great to have as a third corner in passing situations. Also nice false dichotomy, acting as if covering the guy without needing to commit a penalty isn't an option. He had a bad night, if you think he didn't I'm not sure what game you were watching. And really, what do you expect? The guy leaves for flipping Purdue and you think everybody is just gonna pat him on the head and say wow that was a tremendous decision, thanks for ditching us all for our arch-rival, we feel great about this! Please.
He's in a brand new defense. Like I said in the other post under Wommack he smoked. The guy is a tremendous athlete. I still remember the state game against Penn. He made all those guys look like kids. Great talent and hope he does well.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Somehow I forgot that Reese Taylor had transferred to Purdue. Now I'm even more depressed. But I will keep my mouth shut for another 12 hours. Go Hoosiers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I mean, I don't hold transferring against him. He was a good DB who produced when he was called upon but was still going to be a clear CB3 in his senior year. That is when a transfer starts to look appealing to a lot of guys.

He wanted a chance to start, and I can't blame him for that. Even if his destination isn't one I'd have considered.

Reactions: ESalum86
I mean, I don't hold transferring against him. He was a good DB who produced when he was called upon but was still going to be a clear CB3 in his senior year. That is when a transfer starts to look appealing to a lot of guys.

He wanted a chance to start, and I can't blame him for that. Even if his destination isn't one I'd have considered.
He started a bunch last year and likely would’ve this year, too. We’ve never stayed healthy back there and his PT would’ve been significant for us, just like it will be for them.

Reactions: YOTHN

That's the way. Losing the discussion, change the subject.

He started a bunch last year and likely would’ve this year, too. We’ve never stayed healthy back there and his PT would’ve been significant for us, just like it will be for them.
OK, but on a healthy roster he was very clear option three behind Tiawan and Jaylin.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
OK, but on a healthy roster he was very clearly option three behind Tiawan and Jaylin.
He knows this already....

Reese Taylor: 28 games played/9 starts
Jaylin Williams: 31 games played/21 starts
Tiawan Mullen: 27 games played/20 starts

Reactions: 76-1
F*cking hilarious. Reese was a stud for us. Nice to see you all turn on him now. Not surprising on this board.
Hilarious, this is a sports fan forum. He transferred to a rival, which is certainly his choice. But OBVIOUSLY that comes with us being equally as critical of him as any other Boilermaker. No one is wishing injury or anything so why get your panties in a bunch?!

He played absolutely awful and naturally we are going to shine a light on a sports metaphorical traitor. Ha Why be so soft?

He knows this already....

Reese Taylor: 28 games played/9 starts
Jaylin Williams: 31 games played/21 starts
Tiawan Mullen: 27 games played/20 starts
And he’s basically in the same spot with PU that he was at IU. There was more to it.

Yo
Somehow I forgot that Reese Taylor had transferred to Purdue. Now I'm even more depressed. But I will keep my mouth shut for another 12 hours. Go Hoosiers.
He looked terrible. This depresses you?

Reactions: YOTHN
I'm just gonna leave this here..

Thats Reese stats from 2020 under Wommack and that's what I remember about him. A playmaker. A sack, a forced fumble a pick returned for 53 yards and 25 solo tackles. IDK why he left but I'm not gonna trash him. Best of luck to Reese and I was sad to see him leave. Hopefully he will regret that decision on the evening of November 26th :)

TOTSOLOASTSACKFFFRYDSINTYDSAVGTDLNGPDSTFSTFYDSKB
29​
25​
4​
1​
1​
0​
0​
1​
53​
53​
0​
53​
7​
0​
0​
0​

Reactions: ESalum86

He would have played, but he wanted a sure fire starting spot.

He wasn't getting that here with both Mullen and Williams back. If both stay healthy, at best, he would have split time with Williams.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
I have never liked the idea of players transferring within the conference and playing immediately. It doesn't matter who benefits at the other program's expense. Too many questions about improprieties that would not exist as much if players went to another conference.

He would have played, but he wanted a sure fire starting spot.

He wasn't getting that here with both Mullen and Williams back. If both stay healthy, at best, he would have split time with Williams.
Yet he went there knowing he wouldn’t get a sure fire starting spot. There was more to it than that.

Yet he went there knowing he wouldn’t get a sure fire starting spot. There was more to it than that.

He had a much better chance there then here.

Returning former All American and former Honorable Mention big 10 corners or going up against what Purdue had in Corey Trice, coming off a Acl injury (could be wrong on that) and Jamari Brown, who was okay, but didn't fo anything special last year.

Which school would you think he had a better chance of starting at?

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT