ADVERTISEMENT

Props To Coach Woodson

CriticArisen

Senior
Sep 21, 2005
Coach Woodson showed a lot of character sitting through that abomination of a shooting display. It was air balls from the field and clangers from the free throw line. My high school coach would have been drinking in a bathroom at half time just to be able to sit on the bench during the second half.

I can't remember a D1 game with so many badly executed shots-they must be running shooting drills in practice on 9' rims. The collection of shot mechanics I saw in this game were nothing less than a D1 horror story. Shots that hit the bottom of the rim or bottom of the backboard were high five shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Coach Woodson showed a lot of character sitting through that abomination of a shooting display. It was air balls from the field and clangers from the free throw line. My high school coach would have been drinking in a bathroom at half time just to be able to sit on the bench during the second half.

I can't remember a D1 game with so many badly executed shots-they must be running shooting drills in practice on 9' rims. The collection of shot mechanics I saw in this game were nothing less than a D1 horror story. Shots that hit the bottom of the rim or bottom of the backboard were high five shots.
Maybe change the lineup? What could possibly be the harm. He is too stubborn sticking with guys he has been using over and over. We are going downhill in February again - good teams go up.

Maybe change the lineup? What could possibly be the harm. He is too stubborn sticking with guys he has been using over and over. We are going downhill in February again - good teams go up.a game with boneheead turnovers.
When you play so many cupcakes early it is easy go down in the heart of the Big10 schedule even if playing as well or slightly better. I agree with giving other guys a good opportunity at this time. Galloway starting is a change but another guy seems to embarras himself as soon as he gets in the game with immediate bonehead turnovers. Just not a good shooting team.

You would think that Trey, a coaches son, would have better shot mechanics. Lord.

Reactions: CriticArisen
When you play so many cupcakes early it is easy go down in the heart of the Big10 schedule even if playing as well or slightly better. I agree with giving other guys a good opportunity at this time. Galloway starting is a change but another guy seems to embarras himself as soon as he gets in the game with immediate bonehead turnovers. Just not a good shooting team.
But it’s killing them to play Trey at point because Rob is hurt. But teams can play off of Trey and sag on TJD. I know it sucks to make this choice, but go with Lander. He’ll only get better if he plays. Keep Trey on the court for the energy and D he brings.

But it’s killing them to play Trey at point because Rob is hurt. But teams can play off of Trey and sag on TJD. I know it sucks to make this choice, but go with Lander. He’ll only get better if he plays. Keep Trey on the court for the energy and D he brings.
I agree but Lander just seems to be a turnover machine as soon as he gets in a game. I hope he can improve and not calling him out but he has a ways to go. Physically and mentally he has plenty of room for improvement.

You would think that Trey, a coaches son, would have better shot mechanics.
He has the strangest shot I can remember at IU. I would like to watch it on a high speed camera because as you say some high speed lateral jerk movement prior to release.

Whenever Lander is on the floor, watch where he always ends up on the defensive end.

Maybe change the lineup? What could possibly be the harm. He is too stubborn sticking with guys he has been using over and over. We are going downhill in February again - good teams go up.

He did change the lineup. Trey started instead of PS. Now, just need to sit MK and play Leal and Bates more.

The last 2 games have been different lineups. And they have been argueably our worst results. Bates is the only realistic option he hasn’t tried to start.

I mean trey hustled but he is god awful shooter. Pretty easy to defend

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT