ADVERTISEMENT

Propaganda Blitz

Blue is a wild leap for IU. The candy stripe pants logistically seem like a good idea to brand off of our bball tradition, but the issue is that it seems impossible to create a jersey that doesn't clash. What's shocking is aside from the chrome candy strip helmets, I can't remember ever having a cream and crimson candy-striped helmet. That to me seems like the obvious path if you were to consider implementing candy stripes into the fball uniform.

Blue is a wild leap for IU. The candy stripe pants logistically seem like a good idea to brand off of our bball tradition, but the issue is that it seems impossible to create a jersey that doesn't clash. What's shocking is aside from the chrome candy strip helmets, I can't remember ever having a cream and crimson candy-striped helmet. That to me seems like the obvious path if you were to consider implementing candy stripes into the fball uniform.
Full candy stripe uniforms would probably cause dizziness after a while.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Actually light blue was here in the late 1950s when Phil Dickens took the IU job, coming from Wyoming. He claimed the light blue jerseys reminded him of the blue skies of Wyoming. I think they had a thin red/crimson edge around white numbers.
From Wyoming, he also brought his famous "side-saddle six" offense.....it turned out to be a dud.

Reactions: iubhounds and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT