ADVERTISEMENT

Prisoner swap

Looks like a big one. Joe still gettin' it done.

The problem is we had to agree to release a lot of the worst Russian criminals to get it done. Putin will continue to imprison Americans so he can do these one-sided swaps.

All they had to do to get biden to help, was admit that they identify as women and play basketball. Why didn't they think of that earlier? jeesh, that was easy.

All they had to do to get biden to help, was admit that they identify as women and play basketball. Why didn't they think of that earlier? jeesh, that was easy.
That's one way to spin it. Are you listening Donald?

Any Administration of the strongest and most important country on the entire planet, that "crosses it fingers and hopes for good things" during a negotiations, ANY negotiations... Sure make me feel proud and strong.
Twinkle twinkle little star.... Is not a position of power. Unless of course its the rainbow people. tinkle tinkle, im the border czar. I piss my skirt, why are my socks wet? look, a yellow school bus. How the hell did I fall from that coconut tree, tree rhymes with FREE. Did yo know that I am a member of the Marxist coalition of America?

Reactions: 76-1
At face value it appears to be a great move... We had to give up some really bad people but we got some really good people out...

Good for Joe (or whoever actually made the decision)... Blind Squirrel and all that... Let him have an extra scoop of ice cream with his meal...

Congratulations to all actually involved...

I have a new swap proposal for Sleepy Joe:

Let’s exchange these pro-Palestinian protesters who love Hamas and deface public property for some innocent Jewish-Americans being held by the terrorists. It’s a win-win. We get some good people released while Hamas gets our most fervent terrorist supporters who can join them in their joint hatred of the U.S. I’m sure they will love it over there in their new homeland.

Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance said Thursday that the prisoner exchange between the United States, Russia and other Western nations was made possible because “Donald Trump’s about to be back in office.”

In an interview with CNN’s Steve Contorno, Vance said the prisoner exchange was “great news, at least what little we know.”

“We certainly want these Americans to come back home. It was ridiculous that they were in prison to begin with,” Vance said in the interview, which followed his visit to the US-Mexico border Thursday morning in Cochise County, Arizona.

“But we have to ask ourselves, why are they coming home?” the Ohio senator continued. “And I think it’s because bad guys all over the world recognize Donald Trump’s about to be back in office, so they’re cleaning house. That’s a good thing, and I think it’s a testament to Donald Trump’s strength.”

------

Does anyone want to remind JD Vance who was President when Paul Whelan was taken hostage?

Hint, the date was December 28, 2018

I have a new swap proposal for Sleepy Joe:

Let’s exchange these pro-Palestinian protesters who love Hamas and deface public property for some innocent Jewish-Americans being held by the terrorists. It’s a win-win. We get some good people released while Hamas gets our most fervent terrorist supporters who can join them in their joint hatred of the U.S. I’m sure they will love it over there in their new homeland.
Dumb

Reactions: Bowlmania
Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance said Thursday that the prisoner exchange between the United States, Russia and other Western nations was made possible because “Donald Trump’s about to be back in office.”

In an interview with CNN’s Steve Contorno, Vance said the prisoner exchange was “great news, at least what little we know.”

“We certainly want these Americans to come back home. It was ridiculous that they were in prison to begin with,” Vance said in the interview, which followed his visit to the US-Mexico border Thursday morning in Cochise County, Arizona.

“But we have to ask ourselves, why are they coming home?” the Ohio senator continued. “And I think it’s because bad guys all over the world recognize Donald Trump’s about to be back in office, so they’re cleaning house. That’s a good thing, and I think it’s a testament to Donald Trump’s strength.”

------

Does anyone want to remind JD Vance who was President when Paul Whelan was taken hostage?

JD Vance must have gotten some nice drugs from Don Jr. Smoke em if you got em.

Getting Whelan out is a bit of surprise. He's a citizen of Canada and I think Ireland maybe. They all tried and failed. Not so sure he is a great guy either......We know quite a bit about him--a Michigan guy. Court martial for larceny.

Taking Evan Gershkovich hostage was just pure spite.

He's quoting Kamala. Whatever she's on or not on, she's stupid.
Vance said that it's a travesty that westerners could be taken hostage in Russia and that the fear of dealing with Donald Trump is why Paul Whelan (for one) is coming home.

Not knowing that Paul Whelan was taken hostage in Dec. 2018, less than 2 years into Trump's presidency, and that Trump couldn't do anything to get him released, is STUPID AS F*CK. Or he thinks that nobody will check the facts. Granted, none of his followers will CARE about facts.

The problem is we had to agree to release a lot of the worst Russian criminals to get it done. Putin will continue to imprison Americans so he can do these one-sided swaps.

Yeah, this is another one of those "That's great! However..." situations.

We get back 3 journalists and a Marine. They get back....29 people, most of whom I'm guessing belong in prison. Am I saying we shouldn't have done it? Not necessarily. But I am saying that we might want to consider getting out ahead of this kind of thing, with the expectation that Putin will continue doing it.

We get back 3 journalists and a Marine. They get back....29 people, most of whom I'm guessing belong in prison. Am I saying we shouldn't have done it? Not necessarily. But I am saying that we might want to consider getting out ahead of this kind of thing, with the expectation that Putin will continue doing it.

Sounds like we should thank the Germans for holding out to make it an even semi-equatable swap (by insisting on bringing several of the Russian dissidents out...). Per Sir William Browder...

Reactions: DANC
You drank too much cough syrup.
Ok I'm gonna let up for one post.
I always tell those women who want my house, that I am developing a cough and need to run for some cough syrup. Of course they don't believe me, they think I am going to meet some other woman that I am going to give "their" house too.
Satan Programmed woman's CPU. They are my worst enemy and fight themselves.

Vance said that it's a travesty that westerners could be taken hostage in Russia and that the fear of dealing with Donald Trump is why Paul Whelan (for one) is coming home.

Not knowing that Paul Whelan was taken hostage in Dec. 2018, less than 2 years into Trump's presidency, and that Trump couldn't do anything to get him released, is STUPID AS F*CK. Or he thinks that nobody will check the facts. Granted, none of his followers will CARE about facts.
He is an ANTI CATXXER

😂 😂

When you trade a stupid idiot pronoun basketball player who hates the country she is from for "The merchant of Death" I would continue doing it too! Maybe we need to loop, Lets make a Deal or the Price is Right at the White House so these idiots in charge get a clue how to negotiate...

We are one of the laughing stocks of the world. England may beg to differ with what's going on over there right now, but we are right up there and not far behind.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Whelan isn't a marine. He was court martialed in 2008 for multiple counts related to attempted larceny, plus counts for dereliction of duty, making a false statement, wrongfully using another's social security number and a ton of making and uttering checks without sufficient funds.

Part of me... Probably a LARGE part of me... Is willing to admit that any American there, detained for espionage. Are probably CIA, who got caught, doing exactly.... Espionage. Big rewards require big risk... You better be pretty damn good at it, or.... no big rewards... tuff shit, with all do respect.
DC knows that shitting on the servants is just part of being the supreme leaders. They actually enjoy using their employees as a mouse for a cat toy.
Guess what, you and I are used every day and they've convinced us to fight each other. .... Thank's Obama via Stalin.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
We are one of the laughing stocks of the world. England may beg to differ with what's going on over there right now, but we are right up there and not far behind.
Says who? Europe? Japan? Australia? Canada? Our allies in the far east ( Japan, South Korea, Taiwan)? Seems to me you might be relying upon the kleptocrats who have manipulated your remaining braincells into Meme Generators......

------

This guy Vance is well on the way to being as fvcked up as his boss.

Whelan isn't a marine. He was court martialed in 2008 for multiple counts related to attempted larceny, plus counts for dereliction of duty, making a false statement, wrongfully using another's social security number and a ton of making and uttering checks without sufficient funds.

OK. My point is that I don't get the impression that he posed any kind of a threat to Russia -- in the past or in the future. And that we're not only trading away a lot more people than we're getting, but that I doubt the people Russia is getting back are merely journalists, or professional athletes, etc.

Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't have done it. But I am saying that we'd be wise to think of ways to mitigate this sort of thing so that we're not always getting the short end of the stick as a result of having better social values than the other guy.

Getting Whelan out is a bit of surprise. He's a citizen of Canada and I think Ireland maybe. They all tried and failed. Not so sure he is a great guy either......We know quite a bit about him--a Michigan guy. Court martial for larceny.

Taking Evan Gershkovich hostage was just pure spite.
Why we don’t put a full travel ban on Russia is beyond me.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

That’s just what The Treadstone Program wants you to think…

How’s this a win? Russia takes American hostages and we trade really bad guys to get them back.

Americans should be warned not to travel to China, Russia and Iran. If they do, they’re on their own.

OK. My point is that I don't get the impression that he posed any kind of a threat to Russia -- in the past or in the future. And that we're not only trading away a lot more people than we're getting, but that I doubt the people Russia is getting back are merely journalists, or professional athletes, etc.

Again, I'm not saying we shouldn't have done it. But I am saying that we'd be wise to think of ways to mitigate this sort of thing so that we're not always getting the short end of the stick as a result of having better social values than the other guy.
I would call Mr. Whelan an opportunist. He's a Michigan guy, Irish, Canadian and US citizenship. Worked overseas at Borg and Kelly Services dealing with security stuff.

The problem with an equal trade off is that there aren't that many Americans that the Russians could feasibly detain without a massive ruckus. Unlike their rogue's gallery of lunatics who are worldwide bastards

How’s this a win? Russia takes American hostages and we trade really bad guys to get them back.

Americans should be warned not to travel to China, Russia and Iran. If they do, they’re on their own.
You want to go public under your real name and say "Deal's off"?

Vance makes Dan Quayle look positively delicious right now. I truly don't understand that pick. If Haley or Christie would have won, I would have liked voted for either of those two.
Vance was reportedly the pick of Junior and his goofy little brother.

• Wow
Reactions: Mark Milton
Why we don’t put a full travel ban on Russia is beyond me.

The State Department has had an advisory warning on Russia for 4 years. The current one states:

Do not travel to Russia due to the consequences of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine by Russian military forces. U.S. citizens may face harassment or detention by Russian security officials, arbitrary enforcement of local laws, limited flights into and out of Russia, and the possibility of terrorism. The U.S. Embassy has limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in Russia. The Department has determined that there is a continued risk of wrongful detention of U.S. nationals by Russian authorities. U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Russia should leave immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT