ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty obvious the Ohio State TD reversal

Excuse me for not having any sympathy for the most rude,classless fan base on the planet.I think it’s hilarious,keep crying bucknuts boo hoo.

You mean the school that has more to do with your $53 million annual BTN check that anyone else. Well, they’ve been one of your kissing cousins for 125 years and you could have done worse.

Excuse me for not having any sympathy for the most rude,classless fan base on the planet.I think it’s hilarious,keep crying bucknuts boo hoo.
I find it interesting that Carollo is very willing to publicly state reversing the catch/fumble was the wrong call, but when it comes to a vicious head blow , clear targeting non call, by a PSU player on Philyor, we get deafening silence. Oh, but “we are really interested in maintaining player safety”, yea right Bill, you are a joke.

Ohio st dropped 2 TD passes roughed the kicker ,failed to stop last drive for Clemson and didn’t score on their last drive .I thought going into playoff Ohio st had the best team but I was wrong even though being 2 scores better than Clemson they choked the game away .

It wasn't a borderline call at all. The receiver had total control of the ball, took three steps while turning and the only reason the ball came loose was because the defender knocked it out of his hands. All these things were clear in the replay.

The weird thing for me is that when the play happened live I thought it was an incomplete pass and wondered why the whistle wasn't blown. As the review started I figured it would be overturned. But then they started showing the replay and I thought damn.... that official on the field was damn good for correctly seeing it as a fumble. lol

So the refs got the word from the conference that employs them that it wants LSU to face Clemson, not O$U, in the title game. The reversal was crazy bad. Not even close.

Reactions: DANC
Ohio st dropped 2 TD passes roughed the kicker ,failed to stop last drive for Clemson and didn’t score on their last drive .I thought going into playoff Ohio st had the best team but I was wrong even though being 2 scores better than Clemson they choked the game away .

Exactly, TD’s and not FG’s and they win. Up tempo worked the first half and they went away from that. They should have went back especially after Dobbins injury. Losing Wade on the targeting call turned the game and their defense wasn’t the same the rest of the game.

I don’t know for sure if the call on the field was absolutely right. It was a pretty borderline call the really could have been called either way. The overturn, however, was the wrong call. There just wasn’t clear evidence to change it.
That said, it was one call and did not cost OSU the game. They pissed it away all on their own.

I am no Ohio State fan but as a sports fan, I feel cheated when refs blow an obvious call that changes the outcome. The reversal of the TD was nothing short of a screw job.

Happens more often than it should. I don't care for Virginia basketball, but a non called double dribble let Virginia to the NCAA title game. My 9 year old son was screaming double dribble at the TV while the paid professionals missed it. I don't like the Saints, but they were screwed and denied victory by the non pass interference call and it makes you wonder if the ref was willfully blind and pocketed a nice commission. Don't get me started on the Terrence Turner catch against Iowa.

As a sports fan, you hate to see the purity of the game messed with by incompetent if not corrupt referees. It sort of ruins the entertainment value of sports.

I am no Ohio State fan but as a sports fan, I feel cheated when refs blow an obvious call that changes the outcome. The reversal of the TD was nothing short of a screw job.

Happens more often than it should. I don't care for Virginia basketball, but a non called double dribble let Virginia to the NCAA title game. My 9 year old son was screaming double dribble at the TV while the paid professionals missed it. I don't like the Saints, but they were screwed and denied victory by the non pass interference call and it makes you wonder if the ref was willfully blind and pocketed a nice commission. Don't get me started on the Terrence Turner catch against Iowa.

As a sports fan, you hate to see the purity of the game messed with by incompetent if not corrupt referees. It sort of ruins the entertainment value of sports.

Don't forget the Larry Johnson four point play vs the Pacers.

Reactions: DANC
But it's the call we are talking about and it was soooooo bad. The outcome of the game is irrelevant. The terrible officiating is the issue. The refs were either beyond stupid or as SEC refs, they were corrupt.
I got that but one bad call doesn’t make officials incompetent or corrupt. It just means they made one bad call. In this game there were a few other borderline calls that broke against OSU. Oh well. That’s how it goes. None of them were bad calls. If the overturn happened with a minute to go and, literally, took the game away from them, questioning the officials motives or competence is justified. Hell, I do it all the time since it seems to happen to us with regularity. Since it didn’t or shouldn’t have had a bearing on the outcome of the game, I think we can just call it what it is...a mistake.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I got that but one bad call doesn’t make officials incompetent or corrupt. It just means they made one bad call. In this game there were a few other borderline calls that broke against OSU. Oh well. That’s how it goes. None of them were bad calls. If the overturn happened with a minute to go and, literally, took the game away from them, questioning the officials motives or competence is justified. Hell, I do it all the time since it seems to happen to us with regularity. Since it didn’t or shouldn’t have had a bearing on the outcome of the game, I think we can just call it what it is...a mistake.

They took several minutes to make a horrible call despite video evidence. That they looked at over and over. It was beyond surreal. It was more than an oopsie.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
>>The weird thing for me is that when the play happened live I thought it was an incomplete pass and wondered why the whistle wasn't blown. <<<

because officials have been “taught” (in the era of replay) to let plays develop if they aren’t sure of what happened. If they blow the whistle as “incomplete pass”, you could only award OSU the ball on replay but not the returned TD because the whistle had blown the play dead.

IMO, there should be two distinct standards for replay. One is “here is my call and use irrefutable video evidence to overturn” and “I couldn’t see what happened, swallowed my whistle, and use video to make the best (not necessarily irrefutable) determination on how to proceed.

I’d also strongly encourage NCAA football (and the NFL) to do what the recently defunct spring pro football league did. Make the communications between the on-field official and the both public to the TV and in Stadium crowds. Be as transparent as possible.

You do understand that a Big Ten win of the National Championship is in the financial best interests of Indiana and all conference schools both directly and indirectly?
I believe that according the the CFP each conference gets $6M to divide up among themselves win or lose if they are in the semifinal game and they do not get anymore for the national championship. That would mean each team in B10 gets only about $428K. Oh and OSU gets all the pub, recruiting advantage, a better chance of strengthening their team over mine and the whole cycle starts all over again next year.

I believe that according the the CFP each conference gets $6M to divide up among themselves win or lose if they are in the semifinal game and they do not get anymore for the national championship. That would mean each team in B10 gets only about $428K. Oh and OSU gets all the pub, recruiting advantage, a better chance of strengthening their team over mine and the whole cycle starts all over again next year.

They are limited in number of recruits they can take. Great players like to play for the best against the best. It helps the Big Ten to have great teams and get lots of publicity and more eyes on BTN which generates more income for everybody. BTN staffs every major game where Big Ten team plays. More viewers equals more ad sales and more income. If you dislike playing in the Big Ten with partners like OSU, PSU, UM why not propose IU takes UConn ‘s place in the AAC? That would not be very smart, would it?

You do understand that a Big Ten win of the National Championship is in the financial best interests of Indiana and all conference schools both directly and indirectly?

sure, but how much of an impact does winning trickle down? Is it significant or de minimis?

Clemson being it in year end year out doesn’t appear to be having much impact on their conference. And the big 10 not having had a representative the last few years doesn’t appear to have negatively impacted the health of the conference. From top to bottom you can make an argument the B10 is the strongest of the P5 conferences.

I think we should make a recommendation to the B school to do a study and provide us a report on the economic impact of winning a playoff game to the conference as a whole.

was the incorrect call in the eyes of most experts except the SEC Replay guy and officiating crew.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-col...Ush3E9QSn0KoMXh7F7VXUouNWV6BImvU6B7wGGMGdxtL5

You have come to the wrong place to solicit sympathy for anyone regarding FB officiating given what IU has experienced. That is doubly true for A-H-I-A and their over the top obnoxious fans.

Ahia had two chances to win it at the end and they blew both of them. The call did not cost them the game...nor did the slippery spot on the field which these assclowns are now sobbing about. Doesn't matter, they would have been throttled by LSU anyway.

Have you not ever sat among OSU fans at Memorial Stadium? I like the was it turned out, money or no money.

Reactions: ytzid
I agree with that. I just don’t agree that it was the case in this instance.
I thought the call clearly cost O$U the game.

I have no trouble with the targeting call - it was just a dumb play at a bad time. But that fumble that was reversed was exactly the type of call that we get when playing the Big Ten upper crust. And we know why it's called then, and it's the same reason it was called against O$U.

As much as I'd love to revel in O$U's hosing, it was a set-up job by the SEC crew, imo. No one will ever convince me refs don't have a bias, and often act on it. We, as fans, do that all the time. We see each play from our own perspective. Refs are trained not to do that, but it will eventually creep in. And I don't want to hear about the replay booth - after the targeting non-call on Whop, they're just as biased as the field crew.

I have no trouble with the targeting call - it was just a dumb play at a bad time. But that fumble that was reversed was exactly the type of call that we get when playing the Big Ten upper crust. And we know why it's called then, and it's the same reason it was called against O$U.

As much as I'd love to revel in O$U's hosing, it was a set-up job by the SEC crew, imo. No one will ever convince me refs don't have a bias, and often act on it. We, as fans, do that all the time. We see each play from our own perspective. Refs are trained not to do that, but it will eventually creep in. And I don't want to hear about the replay booth - after the targeting non-call on Whop, they're just as biased as the field crew.

THE was in position to win it in each of their last two drives and blew it. The call did not cost THE the game.

As for conspiracy theories; The Networks and NCAA were better served with a LSU Ahia matchup with the storylines of the LSU QB playing his old team and the good vs evil aspect where the country has fallen in love with LSU and generally despises THE

Reactions: baileyiu

I agree with everything you say except that the call cost them the game. We may just have agree to disagree about that. It happened in the third quarter and OSU still had the lead. They coughed it up, retook the lead with 2 minutes to go then their defense collapsed and their star receiver blew his route on what should have been a fairly easy game winning score. When you’re talking about Indiana trying to beat a team like OSU and the margin is razor then, yes, a call like that is a killer or if happened with a minute to go and took the game winning score off the board, you can make the case. When you’re the most talented team in the country and you’re dominating the game, it’s a call you should easily be able to shrug off. Instead they repeatedly stepped on their own dicks and gave the game away.

Reactions: midwolfe
I agree with everything you say except that the call cost them the game. We may just have agree to disagree about that. It happened in the third quarter and OSU still had the lead. They coughed it up, retook the lead with 2 minutes to go then their defense collapsed and their star receiver blew his route on what should have been a fairly easy game winning score. When you’re talking about Indiana trying to beat a team like OSU and the margin is razor then, yes, a call like that is a killer or if happened with a minute to go and took the game winning score off the board, you can make the case. When you’re the most talented team in the country and you’re dominating the game, it’s a call you should easily be able to shrug off. Instead they repeatedly stepped on their own dicks and gave the game away.

I agree they had every chance to win but both calls did have a effect especially in a one score game. How does it not? The targeting resulted in Clemson’s first TD and the fumble took points off the board for OSU. It doesn’t bother me either way but the reversal on the fumble is and was horrible. I find it funny that every sports outlet with the exception of ESPN all agree. You always seems to be very angry, why in the hell are you a mod? It’s a message board, not a job. Lol

Reactions: destewart
THE was in position to win it in each of their last two drives and blew it. The call did not cost THE the game.

As for conspiracy theories; The Networks and NCAA were better served with a LSU Ahia matchup with the storylines of the LSU QB playing his old team and the good vs evil aspect where the country has fallen in love with LSU and generally despises THE
It may be the NCAA and Network's choice, but I bet it wasn't the SEC's.

How could it not cost them the game when that was the go-ahead TD?

I agree they certainly had their chances, but, at that point, they weren't dominating and it was a dogfight.

Agree to disagree - it's all perspective.

Reactions: Chriselli
I agree they had every chance to win but both calls did have a effect especially in a one score game. How does it not? The targeting resulted in Clemson’s first TD and the fumble took points off the board for OSU. It doesn’t bother me either way but the reversal on the fumble is and was horrible. I find it funny that every sports outlet with the exception of ESPN all agree. You always seems to be very angry, why in the hell are you a mod? It’s a message board, not a job. Lol
I’m rarely angry. Not sure why anyone would think I am. I have an opinion, I say it, and I defend it. This is a discussion board. It’s what we’re supposed to do.

I have never seen Daydreamer "mad". The times we have disagreed on something he simply said so.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT