ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty bad when the team is losing Don Fischer!

I get more thankful by the year that I was alive and old enough to experience the vast majority of that. Even the late 90s to 2002. There’s not a true fan out there that wouldn’t prefer that to this…
I agree but I do not want to live in the past. We can get better.

Compared to what? You spend a lot of time on college campuses? Embracing a bit of weird is a good thing in life. Particularly in college.

It's no Liberty University, but it's not Berkeley either.

Maybe you'd feel more comfortable at Purdue where everyone just stares at their shoes (probably to avoid the hideous scenery)
Plus he would get to chant IU Sux on a daily basis. He would fit right in.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
If Woodson’s teams were losing while also playing smart, busting their asses, and just basically giving a s*** I would love to be patient.

There hasn’t been a glimpse of that with this team. Thats on the man in charge.

A lifelong NBA coach is acting like a lifelong NBA coach. “Let the players figure it out.” That isn’t working.

Dudes wearing dresses
jim carrey dancing GIF

If Woodson’s teams were losing while also playing smart, busting their asses, and just basically giving a s*** I would love to be patient.

There hasn’t been a glimpse of that with this team. Thats on the man in charge.

A lifelong NBA coach is acting like a lifelong NBA coach. “Let the players figure it out.” That isn’t working.
You are right in the sense the issues go much deeper than just the won-lost record. No culture has been established. We still have no idea what the identity of the program is supposed to be. Lack of accountability is obviously a problem. The system offensively is outdated, and the defense continues to get worse. What can you honestly point to that we are building towards or is moving in the right direction?

Reactions: Willdog7
You are right in the sense the issues go much deeper than just the won-lost record. No culture has been established. We still have no idea what the identity of the program is supposed to be. Lack of accountability is obviously a problem. The system offensively is outdated, and the defense continues to get worse. What can you honestly point to that we are building towards or is moving in the right direction?
Our Seniors have really let us down, the best players are Sophs and freshmen.

There was a moment in 2005 when my cousin, who is a casual basketball fan, but a very, very smart person mentioned to me that we (fans) would rue the day we fired MD. At the time, it sounded like the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard ... have you watched the weave and heave? Sadly, I think he was right. Had MD not needed a heat shield to set foot in the building and been given 2-3 years to fix it, it could have been fixed with time and better assistants, the recruiting was there. I was wrong, but this situation is different. MD was fired because IU was becoming well, not RMK's IU, but that was a whole lot better than IU not looking like a D1 team with the talent we have, this is that and sorry to say I think Woodson needs to go. MD was doing on the job training, was the lowest paid coach in the big 10 and was trying and learning. Woodson is paid a king's ransom for much worse results, poor roster construction, and he doesn't want to learn anything, neither do the players, and it's time to part ways.
Davis resigned. He wasn’t a good coach and couldn’t handle the spotlight,

Reactions: MrBing
I get more thankful by the year that I was alive and old enough to experience the vast majority of that. Even the late 90s to 2002. There’s not a true fan out there that wouldn’t prefer that to this…
I think some of our posters are the same ones that were complaining on the Indy Star forum about RMK and wanted him fired.

It's not that and it's not the politics and the whole knocking Bobby off his pedestal, removing the party school image Brand/McRobby initiative thing, make IU a better academic institution stuff. IU has a beautiful campus, but the idea of furthering IU as an academic institution to the detriment of its athletic programs is laughable. IU is and always has been, but for a handful of things, one of the lesser academic institutions in the conference. That we have a usually bad basketball team AND a historically bad football team is a bad athletic department thing, and all the passing the buck BS isn't going to change that. They all need to go or be removed from the decision making processes. Woody needs to resign, Dolson needs to do his job without his hands tied by Buckner or resign, and Buckner needs to let Dolson or whoever do their job, hire consulting firms, do proper hiring due diligence, etc. or resign. I respect Buckner, but he is one on the BOT, his title is not Basketball Czar
IU had a top 5 business school when I attended. Several schools were top 10.

I think some of our posters are the same ones that were complaining on the Indy Star forum about RMK and wanted him fired.
You would never find me on that list. As long as he wanted to coach I would have left him coach.

I think by the end none of it was fun for him. Mainly because of guys like Bland.

Yeah, I saw your post about that, but I’m not so sure I agree. As I recall, a lot of those guys were some of the biggest Davis apologists once RMK was gone.
Some were for sure. I won a 250 bet with one of them. He was a Davis apologist and Knight hater. He said Texas Tech would not have a winning record with Knight and I said Knight would have a winning record his first year, and win at least 20 games. He gave me 5-1 odds in a $50 bet. He almost welched too until I told him on the board that he could keep it if he couldn’t afford it. He did welch on the next bet for $200 straight up. Punk. ;)

I think some of the big Knight supporters are part of the NNW&CC too. I guess the reconciliation is a positive. 😄

To his point, I do think that Payton Sparks did play his ass off. I hope Payton keeps improving, I like this kid.

Sparks is the lovable klutz you can't help but like and root for. The problem is, he should only be playing mopup time.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Not at all. You can be a fan, but you're not a "we" in this thing. You're a "they." And I'll confess I have a long-time animosity for ND football - IU basketball fans. Pick a frickin' team.
I’m a native Hoosier. Why do I have to pick one?I grew up watching both.
Also I pegged you for a pronoun guy.

I’m a native Hoosier. Why do I have to pick one?I grew up watching both.
Also I pegged you for a pronoun guy.
You didn't attend IU or ND, you're a front runner guy. Must make you feel better. You should be a fan of the teams of the school you attended. Are you?

Pronoun guy? WTH does that mean? IU should be "they" to you, not "we." Understand now?

Aloha think only those who are Alums can be fans. SMH
Hey, walked around the IMU this morning. They must have removed those pride and BLM flags that offended you . No guys out there in dresses either.

Anyway, I can't speak for Aloha. You can be a "fan" of whomever you like. Given the amount of disdain you seem to have for our "culture", it makes it all the more cringe worthy when you use "we"when talking about the University's Basketball team. You do you though you old message board warrior you.

Hey, walked around the IMU this morning. They must have removed those pride and BLM flags that offended you . No guys out there in dresses either.

Anyway, I can't speak for Aloha. You can be a "fan" of whomever you like. Given the amount of disdain you seem to have for our "culture", it makes it all the more cringe worthy when you use "we"when talking about the University's Basketball team. You do you though you old message board warrior you.
Ok Vern

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT